Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
939 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all my husband called from work yesterday to tell me another policeofficer he works with owns a feed store and can get my dog and bird food at discount
I have had chico who is 8 months on innova puppy for about 2months ,my hubbys friend brought in the innova regular dog food .So my question is can i start him adult food now is it only the higger carolies that make the puppy food? He also gave us some wellness too any advice
~ Denise

·
Registered
7,428 Posts
I would probably wait at least 2 more months (maybe another bag of food, then switch). I am going to be switching Lexi next week to adult. She will be 10 months old.

You could also call your vet and ask their opinion. If you had to switch it would probably not make that big a deal. But at 8 months Chico is probably still growing and will need the extra calories.

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
i would probably keep feeding Chico puppy food for a little longer too
he is still growing i guess

i just switched to adult food for jong-ee ,shes 11 months old but i still have A LOT of puppy food left (i feed her wellness) so im just gonna mix like 60% puppy and 30%adult until i run out of puppy food

V

·
0 Posts
The switch to adult food (or any change in food) should be made gradually. I like the idea of holding off a month and then starting the change,,,nice and slow with the goal of a complete change within a month or so.

No matter what the food you choose for adult food your first choice might not work out. I went thru 3 different ones when Boris made the change.. so 9 months is ok to start the change I would think.

Many years ago when there were not unlimited choices on pet fod I fed my peke purina puppy FOR HER WHOLE LIFE..nearly 17 years of it! I can't tell you how obsessed I have become in the right choices for my guys!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts