Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
939 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi for those of you who use innova do you use the evo it suppose to be like a raw diet? i have chico on the regular innova but came across this what do you think?

·
Registered
707 Posts
I had Bella on the regular Innova but she didn't like it at all. She's now on the Evo and totally loves it. She used to eat her poop before and since I switched her to Evo... no poop eating anymore. She goes crazy over it and she has never liked any of her other foods. I was feeding her a little bit of raw too but i left the package out overnight by mistake and had to throw it away. SHe liked that too. Her poop is harder now and it doesn't smell that bad at all.

Now for the other side of the argument...my trainer told me that the Evo has way too much protein and that I should get her in a lower protein diet. The problem I have is that this is the only food that she likes so I'm keeping her on it.

·
Registered
9,288 Posts
Evo does not have grains in it so it is quite high in protein. Most raw diets are. If your dog does well on it, I don't think it is a problem. If your dog has kidney or liver problems, it would not be a good choice.

Dogs with anxiety and/or aggression are also recommended to have a low protein diet.

·
Registered
939 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Originally posted by JMM@Jan 26 2005, 10:10 AM
Evo does not have grains in it so it is quite high in protein. Most raw diets are. If your dog does well on it, I don't think it is a problem. If your dog has kidney or liver problems, it would not be a good choice.

Dogs with anxiety and/or aggression are also recommended to have a low protein diet.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=31596
[/QUOTE]
thanks i didnt relize it low protien helps with anxiety maybe i should stick with the regular innova then thanks ~ Denise

·
Registered
9,288 Posts
Originally posted by Denise&Chico+Jan 26 2005, 10:37 AM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-JMM
@Jan 26 2005, 10:10 AM

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=31596
thanks i didnt relize it low protien helps with anxiety maybe i should stick with the regular innova then thanks ~ Denise
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=31612
[/B][/QUOTE]

By low protein that means under 20%

There is no absolute evidence of it, but many behaviorists recommend it as it seems to help with their clients dogs. By anxiety I mean major anxiety problems that cause significant problems in the dog's daily functioning. Food alone will not fix it, but the low protein is one of the things many behaviorists add in to help take the edge off while desensitization is done.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts