Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
7,428 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I stopped at my local pet food store last night and asked them about the Innova Small Breed food. They said the rep had just been in that day and said that they are still doing test markets on it. The company is located in CA so that is where the test market is. They are not sure when it will be available elsewhere, not anytime in the near future. So maybe late 2005, early 2006.

·
Registered
7,428 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I just sent something to Innova's Customer Service asking when it will be available in my area. I will let you know if I hear anything.

·
Registered
277 Posts
<span style="font-family:Times">I found some Innova small breed @ the pet supply shop in the Long Beach animal shelter, for those of you living out in SoCal.. :D </span>

·
Registered
7,428 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I stopped in the store where I get Lexi's Innova last night. I asked if they had heard anything else about the Innova Small Breed. They said they had called the company and they told them that they will be doing test markets for a year before they release it to places outside the test market area. So that means I would be able to get it until next spring. Dang!

I wonder how much of a pain it would be to use a rubber mallet to break up the regular Innova pieces? Hmm. One of the clerks at the store was trying to convince me that a 2lb puppy would be able to eat the regular size Innova. LOL I told her there was no way it could.

·
Registered
2,004 Posts
Originally posted by Lexi's Mom@Jun 23 2005, 09:58 AM
I stopped in the store where I get Lexi's Innova last night.  I asked if they had heard anything else about the Innova Small Breed.  They said they had called the company and they told them that they will be doing test markets for a year before they release it to places outside the test market area.  So that means I would be able to get it until next spring.  Dang!

I wonder how much of a pain it would be to use a rubber mallet to break up the regular Innova pieces?  Hmm.  One of the clerks at the store was trying to convince me that a 2lb puppy would be able to eat the regular size Innova.  LOL I told her there was no way it could.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=74626
[/QUOTE]

It sure would take that puppy a long time to eat it. They would be starving.
We have the regular one the chester and chelsey like it, but yes the kible is too big.
The first time they just pushed it around in the bowl. It's a good thing it taste good to them or they would give up. chelsey will eat anything but not if it is in chunks . chester is spoild he won't even eat big treats unless we break them up. I had to beak up his beef jurkie in tiny bits. At first I just though he did not like treats then I saw the vet break up his treats and he ate it. What a puppy.
I hope they come out with the small breed soon too.

·
Registered
7,428 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Originally posted by Littlemans Mom@Jun 23 2005, 09:58 AM
Maybe you could order it from a place that is in the test market area and have it shipped to you.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=74643
[/QUOTE]
I thought of that but wasn't sure how expensive it would get. If I had to have it shipped I would probably get a bigger bag so that I wouldn't have to have it shipped as much.

If anyone can find a place online that sells it let me know. Thanks!

·
Registered
499 Posts
Originally posted by Lexi's Mom+Jun 23 2005, 10:59 AM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-Littlemans Mom
@Jun 23 2005, 09:58 AM
Maybe you could order it from a place that is in the test market area and have it shipped to you.
I thought of that but wasn't sure how expensive it would get. If I had to have it shipped I would probably get a bigger bag so that I wouldn't have to have it shipped as much.

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=74644
[/B][/QUOTE]
I bought mine online from Phydeaux:
http://phydeauxpets.com/shop.asp?dept=DDF&...ept2=SmallBites
I bought the 15 pounds bag. The dogs love it, but my neutered boys got fat on it, (while I was on vacation they were free fed by husband), but my little foundling, Lily, is gaining nicely on it. It has over 500 calories per cup! I switched my boys to Solid Gold, Just a Wee Bit, just about 350 calories per cup, ordered that from Phydeaux as well. I also love Artemis small breed, but for some reason it makes the dogs go poo frequently. I took them off that fast!
Quincymom

·
Registered
7,428 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Originally posted by Quincymom+Jun 23 2005, 03:17 PM-->
Originally posted by Lexi's [email protected] 23 2005, 10:59 AM
<!--QuoteBegin-Littlemans Mom
@Jun 23 2005, 09:58 AM

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=74644

[/QUOTE]
I bought mine online from Phydeaux:
http://phydeauxpets.com/shop.asp?dept=DDF&...ept2=SmallBites
I bought the 15 pounds bag. The dogs love it, but my neutered boys got fat on it, (while I was on vacation they were free fed by husband), but my little foundling, Lily, is gaining nicely on it. It has over 500 calories per cup! I switched my boys to Solid Gold, Just a Wee Bit, just about 350 calories per cup, ordered that from Phydeaux as well. I also love Artemis small breed, but for some reason it makes the dogs go poo frequently. I took them off that fast!
Quincymom
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=74703
[/B][/QUOTE]
Dang they only have the adult in the small bites. Is the Solid Gold Just a Wee Bit ok for puppies? My local pet food store recommended that one and Solid Gold Hundchen Flocken Puppy Food.

Edit: The website says:
Effective immediately, we can no longer ship any Innova or California Natural products outside of North Carolina. The manufacturer has asked us to stop shipping outside of the state. We sincerely regret that this is the case. For more information on this policy, please call Natura Pet Products directly at (800) 532-7261. We appreciate all of our former Innova and California Natural customers, and we encourage you to contact us directly at (866) PHYDEAUX [749-3328] to discuss alternative diets for your dogs and cats that are of equal or better quality.[/B]

1 - 13 of 13 Posts