Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Fred is at the vet's today having his teeth cleaned. The vet tech mentioned that Interceptor Plus was what the my vet was suggesting now for heartworms and flea prevention. Has anyone used this?

·
Premium Member
24,019 Posts
We use Interceptor but never heard of Plus either. I think we have Frontline plus for ticks and fleas.

·
Premium Member
6,086 Posts
My vet also mentioned something similar for my girls. I don't like the idea of giving my tiny girls all those chemicals. I use Interceptor for heart worm prevention and Frontline Plus for fleas. I use both only 6 months out of the year and I divide each flea dose in half(for each girl). Where I live, and because my girls are indoors most of the time, this works well.

·
Registered
20 Posts
My vet has always given me Revolution for Cloud..It says it 'protects your pet from heartworms, fleas, and ear mites, (ticks & sarcoptic mange [dogs] roundworms & hookworms [cats])'
..Is this a good brand to be using? Or should I be looking into something different/better? His 1 year check-up with the Vet is in August, and his last Revolution dose is on the 26th of this month so I'll be able to get a new medication...Inceptor? Advantage? Heartguard? Frontline?...etc?

·
Registered
3,156 Posts
We use the Interceptor. Both pups had no adverse reactions.
I was a nervous wreck to give anything as Coco had a reaction as a wee pup to another medicine. She vomited so much that I brought her to the Pet ER for intervenous fluids.
But with the Interceptor, she was fine. Thank goodness.
It is stressful finding medicines to trust, eh?

·
Registered
6,246 Posts
I use Interceptor for heartworm every 45 days 9 months a year.

On the rare occasion where I feel I must apply a flea med, I use regular Frontline - I use the one made for cats, as it is a smaller dose.

I generally use a mild flea repellent spray made with Neem oil for occasional use.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts