Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

Super Moderator
Walter & Casper with Lucky (forever in my heart).
Discussion Starter #1
Today's assignment is to do something fun and that makes you happy. We are expecting temps in the 40s, so Casper and I will be taking a long walk this afternoon.

Sharing with you a picture from 2 days ago, as we were walking, we noticed mallards have returned to the Northeast. The peacefulness of them swimming gently down the river makes me feel so warm and happy. You need to zoom in a bit.
20210317_140050.jpg

What brings you happiness today?

Registered
Kathy & Pipper
Being with my family sure would make me happy but I can't do that. 馃槩 Guess I will just take Pipper for a walk. At least its a nice day .

Super Moderator
Discussion Starter #3
We just got back from a 2 hour, 3 1/2 mile walk. Although someone was in his carriage, he is all tired out from being outside and barking. He is all curled up next to me.

Reactions: Tanner's Mom

Premium Member
Paulann & Abella
Walter, What a lovely picture. The mallard family is truly gorgeous. Is the river very far from your house? I think I see a bit of snow left on parts of the bank.....

SPRING BREAK here so once again Abella & I are pet sitting at my daughters house with Saddie Doodle while they flew to the Smokey Mtns (TN). I think Abella and Saddie have an "understanding" with each other. See picture below.

What makes me happy is gardening so I have been doing lots of gardening while at daughters. Yesterday I pruned out back and today I'm pruning shrubs/plants away from front sidewalk.....I did get carried away and also pruned her neighbors plants away from sidewalk/gutters & back to property line (Hopefully they won't complain). In the evenings I have been keeping busy working on doing some landscape plans for a couple new beds at my sisters house in San Diego.
When I drop into bed at night my body truly aches & hurts to move - "It's a good kind of hurt" I think only a true gardener can appreciate/understand that comment.

Tomorrow I head back home - I'm thinking I will see a huge growth explosion in my yard as it has been pouring rain there all week. My garden loves natural God sent rain that doesn't have any additives to it! I have attached a couple pictures from the last couple days - Doing what I love while away.........

IMG_4017.JPG
IMG_3938.jpg
IMG_3717.jpg

Super Moderator
Discussion Starter #5
Aww. I love the picture of the two of them. I planted peas and beets outside, started inside tomatoes, peppers, and artichoke. Rototilled my garden,and yes some spots in my backyard and on the banks still have some snow.

The river meanders and some parts of it are about a half mile away. I did not have my glasses on so I only saw the males until I looked more closely at the photo. There was a pair of ducks swimming in the same spot as we went by today.

Premium Member
Paulann & Abella
Aww. I love the picture of the two of them. I planted peas and beets outside, started inside tomatoes, peppers, and artichoke. Rototilled my garden,and yes some spots in my backyard and on the banks still have some snow.

The river meanders and some parts of it are about a half mile away. I did not have my glasses on so I only saw the males until I looked more closely at the photo. There was a pair of ducks swimming in the same spot as we went by today.
My yard still mostly consists of FLOWERS - FLOWERS - FLOWERS! The vegetable garden is slowly getting larger each year.
Have you ever tried alfalfa pellets on your roses? I get 50 lb bags at feed & farm supply stores. The roses love them...and they are cheap!
I dream of one day living in a place where water is not such a high priced commodity and scarcity like it is here in Calif.

George Washington once said:
"I had rather be on my farm than be emperor of the world."

Super Moderator
Last year I started walking as a way of dealing with the pandemic and also to try and get healthier. Yesterday I logged my 8K time of 1:30 for the virtual Shamrock Shuffle - best pace so far! And in the past year, I鈥檝e lost 88 pounds with 22 to go.

Super Moderator
Discussion Starter #8
Last year I started walking as a way of dealing with the pandemic and also to try and get healthier. Yesterday I logged my 8K time of 1:30 for the virtual Shamrock Shuffle - best pace so far! And in the past year, I鈥檝e lost 88 pounds with 22 to go.
Wow congrats! That is a major achievement!

Super Moderator
Discussion Starter #9
My yard still mostly consists of FLOWERS - FLOWERS - FLOWERS! The vegetable garden is slowly getting larger each year.
Have you ever tried alfalfa pellets on your roses? I get 50 lb bags at feed & farm supply stores. The roses love them...and they are cheap!
I dream of one day living in a place where water is not such a high priced commodity and scarcity like it is here in Calif.

George Washington once said:
"I had rather be on my farm than be emperor of the world."
I will give it a try. We had a slight draught last summer, but in New England water is usually not an issue.

Premium Member
Paulann & Abella
Congratulations - Thats awesome!
Every cloud has a silver lining! Continued success!
馃惗 馃惥馃尫

Registered
Walter, what a beautiful picture, which I'm sure made for a beautiful walk.
Kathy, I have not seen my daughter in person in over a year now, so I understand. Hopefully, I can get to hug her soon.
Paulann, you look like you have an amazing green thumb. I tend to garden by trial and error, hoping something grows, haha. I'll have to try the pellets!
Maggie, that is quite an accomplishment. And 8K in 1:30 is fantastic!
I did not know my assignment was to do something fun today, so I ran errands. However, I took Baci with me, so that's always a good time.

Super Moderator
Discussion Starter #12
Walter, what a beautiful picture, which I'm sure made for a beautiful walk.
Kathy, I have not seen my daughter in person in over a year now, so I understand. Hopefully, I can get to hug her soon.
Paulann, you look like you have an amazing green thumb. I tend to garden by trial and error, hoping something grows, haha. I'll have to try the pellets!
Maggie, that is quite an accomplishment. And 8K in 1:30 is fantastic!
I did not know my assignment was to do something fun today, so I ran errands. However, I took Baci with me, so that's always a good time.
Finding happiness should be every day's assignment

Reactions: Baci's mom

Premium Member
Today's assignment is to do something fun and that makes you happy. We are expecting temps in the 40s, so Casper and I will be taking a long walk this afternoon.

Sharing with you a picture from 2 days ago, as we were walking, we noticed mallards have returned to the Northeast. The peacefulness of them swimming gently down the river makes me feel so warm and happy. You need to zoom in a bit.
View attachment 275438

What brings you happiness today?
So serene! Thanks for sharing!

Lainie

1 - 13 of 13 Posts