Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone, I've already introduced myself a couple of months ago but yesterday I got my baby so I figured it was her turn for an introduction. I was really torn about the name but I decided on Mea. She is 12 weeks and weighs 3 lbs. She is very frisky but doing really well so far. She is kinda dirty from the plane ride and all but I didnt want to give her a bath yet since I dont think she needs that stress while she is still settling in, but boy do they get dirty easily! She also steps in everything, her pee, her poop, her water, her food...if its on the floor she steps in it so you can only imagine the color of her little paws- dark brown! Oh yeah and I also did something funny when I got her off the plane. I got her out of the carrier and looked her over and I immediatly thought she was a boy! I was so mad I thought I got sent the wrong dog. I ever called the breeder. In the meantime, before the breeder called me back, I brought her to the vet to double check and it turns out she was indeed a girl..but I didnt know girls looked like that down there!!! haha I felt really stupid but oh well. I wil post some pictures when I take them and load them onto the computer. I'm sure I will be back with lots of questions. Thanks, Lori and Mea

·
Premium Member
21,482 Posts
Hi and a big CONGRATULATIONS on getting your new baby!! I see you spell Mia in a unique way... does it have a special significance?

All the very best for much happiness with her for many years to come!!!

·
Registered
2,942 Posts
Originally posted by NewMom328@Jun 18 2005, 11:14 AM
Hello everyone, I've already introduced myself a couple of months ago but yesterday I got my baby so I figured it was her turn for an introduction.  I was really torn about the name but I decided on Mea.  She is 12 weeks and weighs 3 lbs.  She is very frisky but doing really well so far.  She is kinda dirty from the plane ride and all but I didnt want to give her a bath yet since I dont think she needs that stress while she is still settling in, but boy do they get dirty easily!  She also steps in everything, her pee, her poop, her water, her food...if its on the floor she steps in it so you can only imagine the color of her little paws- dark brown!  Oh yeah and I also did something funny when I got her off the plane.  I got her out of the carrier and looked her over and I immediatly thought she was a boy! I was so mad I thought I got sent the wrong dog.  I ever called the breeder.  In the meantime, before the breeder called me back, I brought her to the vet to double check and it turns out she was indeed a girl..but I didnt know girls looked like that down there!!! haha I felt really stupid but oh well.  I wil post some pictures when I take them and load them onto the computer.  I'm sure I will be back with lots of questions.  Thanks, Lori and Mea
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=73637
[/QUOTE]

Congratulations on your new baby. I hope you have many happy years together.
As for stepping in the pee/poo, I've never had one here that does that. I would think it is from living in a crate so that they don't know to get out of it. The dark brown feet say that she has been trained to do this. Also, they don't get dirty on the plane. Good grooming before they leave, and you will have a clean pup. My boy who came to me from Italy, which was probably a lot longer flight arrived as white as could be. I would suggest a puppy pad in a playpen area to help train her for the proper place to go.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Congradulations and Welcome to the wonderful world of being owned by a Maltese!
I am sure you will have many wondeful years with your precious Mea. If you don't want to bathe her yet, you could always get some baby wipes to clean off her little paws for the time being. I can't wait to see more pictures of that little darling! Have fun and take care!

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Originally posted by Kallie/Catcher's Mom@Jun 18 2005, 11:45 AM
Hi and a big CONGRATULATIONS on getting your new baby!! I see you spell Mia in a unique way... does it have a special significance?

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=73643
[/QUOTE]

Well I originally wanted a very original name for her like savannah or maddox but all of the names I thought of didnt have anything simple that I could shorten them to and I couldnt see my self calling "savannah" every time I called her name. So my mom suggested Mia and I decided her whole name would be MiAmor and since I wanted something original I decided since the name was kinda plain I would go with an original spelling and so came Mea. Thanks for asking though and thanks for the warm wishes!

·
Registered
3,483 Posts
Just wanted to say WARM WELCOMES!

·
Premium Member
21,482 Posts
Originally posted by NewMom328+Jun 18 2005, 04:17 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-Kallie/Catcher's Mom
@Jun 18 2005, 11:45 AM

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=73643

Well I originally wanted a very original name for her like savannah or maddox but all of the names I thought of didnt have anything simple that I could shorten them to and I couldnt see my self calling "savannah" every time I called her name. So my mom suggested Mia and I decided her whole name would be MiAmor and since I wanted something original I decided since the name was kinda plain I would go with an original spelling and so came Mea. Thanks for asking though and thanks for the warm wishes!
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=73678
[/B][/QUOTE]

Well, I thought there may be a little story that went along with it... thanks for the scoop!!

·
Registered
7,840 Posts
Congrats!

Can't wait to see more pictures! :D

·
Registered
2,004 Posts
My girlfriend middel name is mia , I just love it. I don't know it just sound sweet and hevenly.
I know you spell it diffenent , which I like too. congrates on your new baby.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts