Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
First day here.
Second day with a totally broken heart. We were blessed and privileged to have two precious Maltese sisters. Bailey 13, Mia 15. Both of our beloved babies made their final journey to the Rainbow Bridge 3 months apart. Mia made her journey on Monday. Mia was my lil fighter. She had a collapsing trachea. But, she never gave up. And neither did her mommy. My hubby and I and are grieving. It is the first time in over 30 years that our home is empty. We have decided that in our babies honor and memory we want to invite another baby into our home. We had heard about the possibility of adopting retired show
dogs. would anyone have any information regarding these beautiful
dogs? Thank you.

Premium Member
Pam, My heart cries for you. Loosing one is hard enough but loosing two in such a short time just isn't fair! I'm hoping you find comfort in knowing we here at SM care, and many here have walked the path you are currently walking and understand what you are going through. Our hearts, arms, and prayers are extended to you. Please let us know if we can be of any help to you. I know you will be guided to the perfect new little fluff to once again fill your home with their amazing presence. Not to take the place of Bailey or Mia but to live on in their memory. My sincerest condolences.

I'm thinking if you let us know what state you are in it will help in getting responses to breeders that may have retired show dogs available.
馃惗 馃惥馃尰

Registered
I'm so sorry for you loss of Bailey and Mia. Someone here will be able to give you advice to help you with your search for another baby to love.

Registered
Discussion Starter #4
Pam, My heart cries for you. Loosing one is hard enough but loosing two in such a short time just isn't fair! I'm hoping you find comfort in knowing we here at SM care, and many here have walked the path you are currently walking and understand what you are going through. Our hearts, arms, and prayers are extended to you. Please let us know if we can be of any help to you. I know you will be guided to the perfect new little fluff to once again fill your home with their amazing presence. Not to take the place of Bailey or Mia but to live on in their memory. My sincerest condolences.

I'm thinking if you let us know what state you are in it will help in getting responses to breeders that may have retired show dogs available.
馃惗 馃惥馃尰
Oh my, thank you so much for taking your time to reply. Your words of comfort brought tears. I鈥檓 not wanting to move on. I haven鈥檛 put aside her vitamins and supplements etc. They remain on the counter. Her doggie stairs and all the doggie beds remain in place. Even Bailey鈥檚. I never put hers away. It seems I cant go on. I havent left the house for three months. Mia became so anxious and stressed when she would loose sight of me she couldn鈥檛 breath. Her every waking moment I spent with her. It seems like I am dishonoring them by even considering a new family member. But, my husband is a pilot. And he is away so much and I鈥檓 all alone now...

Registered
Discussion Starter #5
Oh my, thank you so much for taking your time to reply. Your words of comfort brought tears. I鈥檓 not wanting to move on. I haven鈥檛 put aside her vitamins and supplements etc. They remain on the counter. Her doggie stairs and all the doggie beds remain in place. Even Bailey鈥檚. I never put hers away. It seems I cant go on. I havent left the house for three months. Mia became so anxious and stressed when she would loose sight of me she couldn鈥檛 breath. Her every waking moment I spent with her. It seems like I am dishonoring them by even considering a new family member. But, my husband is a pilot. And he is away so much and I鈥檓 all alone now...
Oh, I live in Huntersville, NC. Charlotte. NC

Premium Member
Maggie, here, works w/a rescue group so hopeful she will jump in w/some infor for you!

Registered
Hi Pam,

I am so very sorry for your loss of your two girls :( I'm sure the house is much too quiet and lonely. I immediately thought of Katherine Kasten of Adura Maltese in Texas, since she often places retirees and several members here have her dogs. According to her website, she has a 2.5 year old female coming available. I've never heard anything but good about her. I don't know if you could fly to pick up your new baby or have a nanny bring her. Katherine would probably also have good leads for you.

Best wishes, and keep us posted :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts