Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
my name is Kelly. I have four Maltese. Their names are Harry, Chocolate, Minerva and Hedwig. It's nice to meet people who love their Maltese as much as I do.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hi & Welcome! I'm new also but have already thoroughly enjoyed this website & the wonderful people who love their dogs!

·
Registered
831 Posts
Hi and welcome...How nice, you have big family! :D :D

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
Welcome Kelly! And welcome to your brood........you MUST tell us how you care for that many Maltese. Just keeping their fur in shape must be a full time job, not to mention feeding and all the other details involved in having these furbabies. I have often wondered how it's done. I think having 4 of these darlings must be such a fun trip and I get a big grin on my face just thinking about 4 of them running around the house all the time.

Like, what is a typical day for you like with them? And what sizes are they and how many males and females do you have. We want the whole scoop! :lol:

·
Registered
69 Posts
Originally posted by Pico's Parent@Aug 11 2004, 06:00 PM
Welcome Kelly! And welcome to your brood........you MUST tell us how you care for that many Maltese. Just keeping their fur in shape must be a full time job, not to mention feeding and all the other details involved in having these furbabies. I have often wondered how it's done. I think having 4 of these darlings must be such a fun trip and I get a big grin on my face just thinking about 4 of them running around the house all the time.

Like, what is a typical day for you like with them? And what sizes are they and how many males and females do you have. We want the whole scoop! :lol:
Totally agreed! :lol: :D

J

·
0 Posts
Welcome from me and Lacey. Please do tell how you take care of all 4 of your precious babies. Lacey is a fulltime job for me, but she is well worth it.

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I always tell people , my dogs are my therapy. A normal day starts out at about 6:30am. I get up before the rest of my family for selfish reasons,(time with my dogs). I let them out,feed them,give them their filtered water, grab a cup of coffee, let them have some treats and sit down on the couch to have my coffee (covered with Maltese). Then I go through the rest of my day. Once the kids get up I have to share them but I love to watch them interact with my children. I get my time with them at night after everyone goes to bed. Thats when I groom them. I have three girls and a boy.

·
Registered
2,863 Posts
how do the girls get along? do any of them gang up on one dog? i always feel bad for gruffi when the girls gang up on him.

i wake up at around 5am every day (its horrible! lol). anyway, when i wake up i have 5 minutes to get into the shower or else my sister yells at me...and in those 5 minutes i give sprite hugs and kisses (while shes still sleeping.
) and then after my shower (i have to get out by 5:30) we take all three dogs out for a walk. its dark and cold...but the dogs love it! so thats why we do it. a couple of months ago we had to get ready for work quickly so we didnt take the dogs out for a walk, casey went to my house at around 9am (i forget why) and he asked my mom if she wanted him to take gruffi for a walk, my mom said "no" and casey left. 20 minutes later my mom calls me all freaked out....gruffi peed on her bed!(he's been housetrained and hasnt had an accident since he was 2.5months old) i guess he was mad at her. so now we make sure all of them go on a 15 minute walk EVERYDAY, and gruffis not allowed in my moms room alone anymore. :wacko:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts