Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
YES! Maltese CAN be (and are!) performance dogs! And the Mighty Mite Small Dog Sports Forum is all about PROVING what little dogs can do! This is not a general topic forum (so you will still be on spoildmaltese.com! :D ) BUT this is a forum for people who ARE showing their Maltese or who train or would like to show or train (beyond housebreaking and not destroying the house!) Newbies and ol'timers alike are invited to join! We have an international membership and many small breeds are represented. Topics include, but are not limited to the following:

Conformation/exhibting
Agility
Carting
Flyball
Freestyle
Earthdog
Disc Dog/Frisbee
Competition Obedience
Rally-O
Tracking
Lure Coursing
Trick Training
Pet therapy/TDI testing
Clicker Training
Performance Nutrition
Show Coat Maitenance
General announcments of import to dog showers
and of course BRAGS!

<span style="font-family:Times">So . . . if anything you've just read sounds interesting . . COME JOIN US!

The Mighty Mite Small Dog Sports Forum
:welcometosm
: </span>

·
Premium Member
1,959 Posts
Thank you for this site!!! Ty and I have just started clicker training and hope to someday do agility. I have just recently become interested in Agility and discovered a WONDERFUL center and trainer in my area.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Originally posted by puppymom@Jul 7 2005, 02:29 PM
Thank you for this site!!! Ty and I have just started clicker training and hope to someday do agility.  I have just recently become interested in Agility and discovered a WONDERFUL center and trainer in my area.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=79042
[/QUOTE]

That's GREAT! Are you going to do obedience (competition or rally) first or are you just using the clicker to get the puppy "Basics" down?

There is a woman in my area (tri-state) who is a member of Maltese rescue. She does agility with her maltese who is quite good. She has, unfortunatly, decided only to do jumpers though because her rescue's knees aren't good - a problem that plagues many toy breeds.

Yes, please come join the forum and introduce yourself. If you have questions or ideas about clicker training, we encourage you to post! :D

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Originally posted by MomtwoMaltmuffins@Jul 10 2005, 11:39 PM
We had Digby in agility and even a competition.  I ended the competitive agility and just continued with an other club doing fun agility, she really loves agility.  I would have continued but at the time the competitive agility club held their competition in the middle of summer and Digby wilts in the heat, never failed the weekend of the comp it was in the 90's too darn for me too!  But now they have switched the date to fall, and new trainer in town so I may start up again with her, or try Rally O.  Casper has tons of energy so I may try him in agility, he has come along on our fun nights and had fun - he followed Digby everywhere, even the A frame, the teeter totter.

Agility is alot of fun.  Havent decided quite yet about the Rally O have to watch it in person to really get a feel for it.

I will be sure to check out your site!  Thanks
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=80281
[/QUOTE]

Thanks for sharing! Love to hear about those Mighty Mites! :D

1 - 4 of 4 Posts