Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2,942 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a very limited website, but I get at least a couple requests for pups a day. Today, I had someone who wanted a six week old pup. This is not the first one like this. When I get an email like this, I try to take the time to explain why this isn't a good idea. I also try to refer people to reputable breeders who might have pups. I'm not putting anyone else on my waiting list at this time as I do such limited breeding.
Well, I got an email back from the lady today telling me she did not know six weeks was too young. Guess what I did next? I invited her to join us here on the forum.

What do you think about my inviting others to join?
After all, where could they find such nice folks
, helpful information
, and dancing
?

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
I sure wish I knew about this site when I was searching for a puppy!! I think its wonderful that you let her know about us! There is just so much to learn before you get your puppy!!

·
Registered
7,840 Posts
Great idea!!!

I learned so much before I got my pup...(even though it was from the "other" site
) just from lurking!!!

·
Premium Member
21,482 Posts
Great idea!!! I didn't know about the "12-week rule" back when I got Kallie... I wish I would have had this site then..... so send 'em this way!!!

·
Registered
2,942 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Originally posted by Kallie/Catcher's Mom@Jun 2 2005, 06:35 PM
Great idea!!! I didn't know about the "12-week rule" back when I got Kallie... I wish I would have had this site then..... so send 'em this way!!!
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=68332
[/QUOTE]

I thought of asking the woman who got my pup I want back to join, but then we have really expressed our opinion on that. I'm still furious at her vet for suggesting the tattoo.

·
Registered
7,840 Posts
Originally posted by LucyLou+Jun 2 2005, 06:45 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-Kallie/Catcher's Mom
@Jun 2 2005, 06:35 PM
I thought of asking the woman who got my pup I want back to join, but then we have really expressed our opinion on that. I'm still furious at her vet for suggesting the tattoo.

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=68336
[/B][/QUOTE]

Ha ha...maybe she should SEE our opinions!

Ha ha....j/k...but seriously, maybe it would make her realize how ridiculous that whole thing sounds!

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
i check the craigslist every now and then, and i search for MALTESE in the pet section

and if i see ppl that are looking for maltese puppies (t-cup, too young pups, stud service/breeding etc.) i email them and tell them to join spoiledmaltese.com and tell them to read the forum to get lots of info

i dont think anybody joined tho but at least im trying

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
Yeah thats proubly a great idea, I think most people who make 'mistakes' with their dogs its just becuase they didnt know any better. I can say personally I did some crazy stupid stuff with dogs I have had in the past (but then again when I had dogs in the past it was really more my parents responsiability, I liked to pretend they were mine though lol) that I would never ever consider doing now that I know better.

·
Registered
17,659 Posts
I think that's a wonderful idea. I invited a bunch of people I knew from other forums when I first joined this group.

From a personal standpoint, the main reason I am always posting links to articles on pet shops, puppy mills, byb's, etc. and sharing with people Lady's laundry list of health problems is to try to alert people to the connection and hopefully spare them the financial burden and emotional roller coaster having a poorly bred Maltese can be.

One article I read (and posted) recently said people spend more time researching what brand of microwave to buy than they do the place where they buy a pet who will hopefully be a family member for 15 years. I admire anyone who takes the awesome responsibility of getting a dog seriously enough to do their homework first.

So bring 'em on, Lucy Lou!

·
Registered
3,287 Posts
Good for you thats a great idea.Im always telling ppl. from other forums I belong to ,to come join us! So far though Maltesemomma has been the only one,but I keep trying.I know at the time I joined I was just surfing looking for a good Maltese Forum,and Im so glad I found this one,its far and above the best of them all.Now I rarely go to the others I belong to.

·
Registered
1,597 Posts
Originally posted by LucyLou+Jun 2 2005, 06:45 PM-->

[/B][/QUOTE]

Any news yet from the "&^&*^%**%" (I am trying to be nice) about what they will do?

Susan

·
Registered
2,942 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Originally posted by Teddyandme+Jun 3 2005, 09:35 AM-->
Originally posted by [email protected] 2 2005, 06:45 PM

[/QUOTE]

Any news yet from the "&^&*^%**%" (I am trying to be nice) about what they will do?

Susan
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=68564
[/B][/QUOTE]

I haven't heard anything from the folks. I sure hope they read my email about how barbaric and cruel I felt it was to do the tattoo. Remember, it was the vet's idea to do it. I said I didn't believe anyone could be so uncaring. Maybe they are having second thoughts about listening to her.

·
Registered
2,119 Posts
Originally posted by LucyLou+Jun 3 2005, 11:47 AM-->
Originally posted by [email protected] 3 2005, 09:35 AM
Originally posted by [email protected] 2 2005, 06:45 PM

Susan
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=68564
I haven't heard anything from the folks. I sure hope they read my email about how barbaric and cruel I felt it was to do the tattoo. Remember, it was the vet's idea to do it. I said I didn't believe anyone could be so uncaring. Maybe they are having second thoughts about listening to her.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=68631
[/B][/QUOTE]

is there a legal way you can the poor puppy back?

·
Registered
179 Posts
I think it is a great idea to spread the word!

I went without a forum for over a year, because I didn't know you guys were here!

I had been on the "other" site, Maltese Obnoxious.com and waws treated with a rudness I cannot explain by the administrator. I felt like he was a Maltese hitler! I was so glad to find ya'll I did a snoopy dance!!!!!

The way I look at it, the more the merrier!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts