Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hellooo

i mix about 40 % adultfood for jongee (11months) and now her pooping schedule is really irregular now

i dont know if its a coincidence but usually she poops 2-3 times aday, usually on a fixed time..in the morning when we wake up, and about 9pm or 2am..

but now shes pooping like whenever after from adding adult food to her meal!!

and she still eats her poop so she eats it too more often without my knowing coz she poops whenever now..i go to my room and her poop is all scattered on the floor from eating ..yuck..

i used to stop her from eating her poop coz iknow when she goes potty but now i never know when she poops so she eats it more often behind my back

is it the adult food thats causing this???

i was just worried.. -_-

·
Registered
489 Posts
Since puppy food has more protien maby she needs more. Mine used to eat their poop when I was feeding them at intervals but now that I just leave a big bowl down all the time they nibble throughout the day and don't eat it any more. (unless they're pregnant) then they still do it. Good thing I have a strong stomach.

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yes, i always leave her food in her bowl all day too, so i dont think shes hungry or anything....i just came to the conclusion that eating her poop is just her habit and finds it delicious..

i think she'll be eating her poop for the rest of her life

even if i punish her whenever i catch her in the middle of the act she just does it again later..

anywayz, its her irregular pooping that im worried about now...sigh..i wish she could speak english and just tell me whats wrong !!

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Originally posted by adorableaccentsdogbows.com@Nov 29 2004, 08:04 AM
Have there been any other changes in your houshold or are you worried or upset about anything? I find that mine are very intuned to things like that.

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=19131
[/QUOTE]

hmmm...im upset about school and my finals...im so behind with EVERYTHING !! all my designs sux !!!!!!!! i just wish it was winter break !!!!!!!

other than that, i have been adding some Solid Gold puppy food too to her food..maybe it might be that too..coz her poop is more dark than usual..

thank you !!

i'll "investigate" more

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Originally posted by DMZ dogs@Nov 29 2004, 08:28 AM
Hahahahahaha....why do you wish for her to speak English?  Why not Korean?  I don't know why I find that to be so funny, but I do!  
hahaaha i dunno..ive never imagined jongee to speak korean to me before..
all the command words like sit, stay, no bark, no bite, roll over, come here blah i taught her in english coz its basic commands, and since other ppl would tell her to do that too ,like vet, my freinds, it'll be better if she knew in english..if i taught her in korean, she'll be a foreinger and have communicatioin problems with "americans"

but then like when i just talk to her when i come back home from school, when iplay with her i speak korean to her like "aigoo ee bbuh ra" (ur so pretty!)
but i dunno..i never thought of her speaking back to me in korean..werid...

Originally posted by DMZ dogs@Nov 29 2004, 08:28 AM
As for eating poop....ewwwww, nasty!  Neither of my dogs has ever done that. 
neither has ANY of my other dogs have done this either !!!!
i only heard "ddong gae" (mutt) do this in korea !!

but ive came to a point that i just accept her as she is...

hahah ur Noodle and Cookie are funny !!

when i pick up jong-ees poop, she gets excited (she never eats it in front of me..whenever im not with her and she poops on her own, she eats her poop like its her dessert

but when im with her to clean it up, she has NO INTEREST in eating her poop , and she starts jumping around, races to the bathroom and watches the poop flush down the toilet..one of her joys in life to watch it go down..

i also have been giving her a treat whenever she goes potty too since she was a baby..but its not treats coz i'll be ending up giving her so much treats the whole day

so instead i just give her one kibble..

she knows that she gets handfed kibble whenever she goes potty coz right after she goes, she stands there and when i pick a kibble up, her mouth automaticcally opens up and waits for a kibble..its so cute, and then she runs out the room and becomes her crazy and wild self again

hmmmm..maybe i should give her a treat instead of a kibble???

Originally posted by DMZ dogs+Nov 29 2004, 08:28 AM-->
Perhaps she is just changing her poo schedule since she is growing a bit older. [/B]

ooo they do that????? maybe ur right !! but i liked the old pooping schedule better !!!

<!--QuoteBegin-DMZ dogs
@Nov 29 2004, 08:28 AM
this dog that is eating her own poop is the same dog you let kiss you on the mouth?  *Insert vomit smiley here*   Eeeewwwww!  Is because there are crusties on her lips?!
oh, yes, shes the same dog..poop eater, and likes to give mommy kisses on the lips..

hahaha

and as i mentioned before, i have accepted her poop eating-ness so i dont mind at all

i give her breath mints after a while she ate her poop so i guess its not THAT dirty

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
Originally posted by mee@Nov 29 2004, 07:07 AM
hmmm...im upset about school and my finals...im so behind with EVERYTHING !! i just wish it was winter break !!!!!!!

i'll "investigate" more 

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=19133
[/QUOTE]
I hear you! I am so ready to just be done, I did 2 papers last night and have 2 more due friday, then last tests are next week, and then finals after that. Last final is the 15th.... I am counting down!

·
Registered
6,614 Posts
omg... your baby eats her poo?????
gross.... i was lucky Kodie will NOT go near his poo at all.. he tries to cover it with the puppy pad ... or he will be upset and curled in a corner of his pen until i come home to clean it up...haha..

·
Registered
2,863 Posts
talk to your vet. my vet told me that as long as my dogs dont gain weight---they could continue on puppy dog food.

but now they're on homecooked diet...so we dont have to worry about that anymore. hint hint.

·
Registered
17,659 Posts
Rather than free feeding her, can you feed her on a set schedule twice a day? That way, her poops would be more predictable and you could clean them right up before she eats them.

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Originally posted by doctorcathy@Nov 29 2004, 10:27 AM
but now they're on homecooked diet...so we dont have to worry about that anymore.  hint hint. 

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=19165
[/QUOTE]

i wish i could cook for jongee too but i dont even cook for myself (i eat snacks for meals coz i HATE cooking)

maybe when i get married and really really have to start cooking i'll cook for jongee too

Lady'smom- i wish i could give food on a schedule too for Jong-ee but she never eats it so i just leave her food out..also i dont want her to be hungry just in case she does and then theres no food to eat and that would be sad

and is it bad to hand feed jongee like 90% of the time??

she wants me to hand feed her

·
Premium Member
21,482 Posts
Originally posted by mee+Nov 29 2004, 12:37 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-doctorcathy
@Nov 29 2004, 10:27 AM

but now they're on homecooked diet...so we dont have to worry about that anymore.  hint hint. 

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=19165
iand is it bad to hand feed jongee like 90% of the time??

she wants me to hand feed her
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=19201
[/B][/QUOTE]

Awwww, I think it is really sweet that she wants you to hand feed her. She'll outgrow that and then you'll miss it. I hand fed both Catcher and Kallie (and my first Maltese, Rosebud) until they didn't seem to want it anymore. I can't remember how long it was, but Catcher outgrew wanting it at about 5 months. But I loved doing it. Having that furry little mouth in my hand... just so sweet and bonding....

·
Registered
162 Posts
So true, so true. I never ever cook! My husband cooks when we want food. ha. Thank goodness i found someone who doesn't mind.

I hand feed Coco almost every day. She comes and sits in my lap and gets all cuddled in, and i get to hand feed. Although, sometimes she likes it when i put a kibble or 2 on the floor. She'll fly up to it and get her belly on the ground like she's gonna attack it, touch her nose to it reeeal quick, and fly back. She does that about 2 or 3 times before eating it. I think she just likes to play with her kibble and be silly.

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Originally posted by adorableaccentsdogbows.com@Nov 29 2004, 09:30 PM
Don't start cooking if you get married. Let your husband know from the get go what to expect. If you hate cooking don't( well maybe for your dog). 

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=19325
[/QUOTE]

hahhah OK !!!!!! i wont cook when i get married !!

(but will for jongee
)

·
Registered
2,863 Posts
adorable LOL!!! when i first started dating casey i was in the whole "martha stewart" mode where i wanted to learn how to cook and decorate----im over that! LOL. its too hard.

mee-- try adding baby food to jong-ee's dog food. you should get her to want to eat...and then you can start scheduled feeding times. you'll see that she'll start to eat more and she'll get more energy and stuff. it was sooo hard to get our dogs to eat...its still hard!! but i make them eat because i want them to be "healthy and strong" (thats what my mom would say to us).
i literally start putting baby food in their mouths if they dont want to eat. and after a while they'll eat all their food. and we used to have to hand feed ellie. we dont anymore. she actually enjoys her food now. anyway--try adding something to get her to eat. it will be easier then.

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Originally posted by doctorcathy@Nov 30 2004, 09:52 AM
mee-- try adding baby food to jong-ee's dog food.  you should get her to want to eat...and then you can start scheduled feeding times. 
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=19388
[/QUOTE]

oo ok, i'll try that too..but what time do u guys usually feed them??

6am? and 6pm ??

jongee usually eats like 2am ,mostly once a day, her eating schedule is werid....

and what kind of baby food is good???

·
Registered
755 Posts
mee, Stop kissing jongee after poop
eating!!!
I know how much you love jongee, but you don't want to get sick, do you? I'm just looking after my friend.

BTW, I love cooking!!! I usually cook breakfast, lunch and dinner for my bf. He LOVES my cooking. It makes me so happy when he's enjoying my meal. I can't wait to have my own family so I can make a lunch for my kids to bring it to school. And I'll be joinning PTA.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts