Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there- My Maltese Massimo is not loving sweater weather. I had him in his fleece vest and wrapped in a blanket but he was still shivering like a leaf on our last car ride.... and it was in the mid-50s! Any tips on keeping your dog cozy this fall and winter?
Dog Dog breed Carnivore Companion dog Toy dog

·
Premium Member
Sandi-- w/Kitzel (Kitzi) & Lisel (Lisi)
17,928 Posts
What does Massimo weigh?

·
Super Moderator
Walter & Casper with Lucky (forever in my heart).
10,046 Posts
Casper actually does better in cooler weather, but he is in near full coat.

Reactions: Liz2838

·
Premium Member
Sandi-- w/Kitzel (Kitzi) & Lisel (Lisi)
17,928 Posts
My two don't like to be too hot---esp. Lisi---she does not ever want to be under the cover.
He is big enough so he should not be getting cold. Have you had thyroid tests done?

Reactions: wkomorow

·
Super Moderator
Walter & Casper with Lucky (forever in my heart).
10,046 Posts
My two don't like to be too hot---esp. Lisi---she does not ever want to be under the cover.
He is big enough so he should not be getting cold. Have you had thyroid tests done?
That's a good idea!

·
Registered
Kathy & Pipper
6,112 Posts
Pipper loves this cooler weather. He hates the heat. The only time he's ever shivered from being cold was when he had low thyroid levels.

·
Registered
248 Posts
My Cody is approximately 6 lbs and tends to shiver anytime my house gets to 69 degrees . I put his fleece sweater in the microwave to warm it first and raise the heat up. They do sell for dogs thermal sweaters that heats up the dogs own body temperature when they wear them. You may have to just google that. That may seem good for your pup.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
My Cody is approximately 6 lbs and tends to shiver anytime my house gets to 69 degrees . I put his fleece sweater in the microwave to warm it first and raise the heat up. They do sell for dogs thermal sweaters that heats up the dogs own body temperature when they wear them. You may have to just google that. That may seem good for your pup.
Oh that sounds very promising! Thank you!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts