Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
13,404 Posts
Marsha, this late in the evening on a Friday night there is most likely no one available to take care of it. I'm sure tomorrow someone will.

·
Premium Member
5,487 Posts
To be honest I think a forum this size needs more moderators.

I believe there are 3 people who are able to remove posts etc?

On the forum I used to moderate - there were 4 of us who would remove spam, inappropriate posts, put up announcements etc and that forum was about 1/4 the size of SM.

·
Premium Member
20,073 Posts
I believe no one is watching what goes on here on a daily basis anymore. Poor Sher, she has done so much already, she can't possibly see everything going on, and she doesn't want that responisibliby.....and I don't blame her one bit! I believe we are left to fend ourselves during non business hours. ....and it's is a weekend now :w00t:

Of course, I could be wrong, it wouldn't be the first time, it's just my opinion lately.

·
Premium Member
24,028 Posts
Marsha, I saw that post last night and immediately hit the button on the lower left to report the post and sent the info when prompted. Didn't check this morning yet if it went away but also thinking whoever monitors us might be on a Monday-Friday normal work hour sked. A shame since a lot of this bad behavior occurs over weekends.

·
Registered
13,404 Posts
The thread is gone. Someone is working. :)

·
Registered
2,327 Posts
I reported it as soon as I saw it, too. The thread was started late last night and honestly I don't think we should expect or assume that any forum is or can be moderated 24/7. Even for a corporate-owned forum 24/7 monitoring is not feasible. The only real cure would be to screen all posts before they appear and that would just be horrible. So, in my opinion, the best course of action is to hit the "report" button found in the lower left corner of each post. And if the post is really disturbing then follow it up with a PM to the Admin Team. As Brit noted, someone is working. The thread has been removed. :aktion033: Thank you, Admin Team.

·
Membership Suspended
2,839 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Marsha, I saw that post last night and immediately hit the button on the lower left to report the post and sent the info when prompted. Didn't check this morning yet if it went away but also thinking whoever monitors us might be on a Monday-Friday normal work hour sked. A shame since a lot of this bad behavior occurs over weekends.
Your report makes three for the same incident.

The thread is gone. Someone is working. :)
Not only is the thread gone, so is "nicepuppy"! Yaaaaaaaay!!! :aktion033::aktion033:

To be honest I think a forum this size needs more moderators.

I believe there are 3 people who are able to remove posts etc?

On the forum I used to moderate - there were 4 of us who would remove spam, inappropriate posts, put up announcements etc and that forum was about 1/4 the size of SM.
Yes, since there are members from all over the globe, it would be understandable to monitor 24/7. Be careful Orla, you tipped your hand - maybe you'll be ask to be a monitor. Companies are always looking for experience. :HistericalSmiley:

·
Registered
4,515 Posts
i'll just chime in and say I think it's being monitored very well, no forums can be instantly moderated, it's just the nature of the beast, we respond as we can as fast as we can

as for more moderators in the future, it's possible :thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
20,073 Posts
Joe, was it you watching this morning? I brought some odd posts to Sher's attention and before she got to take a look, they were all gone!!

And that was pretty early!!! :aktion033:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts