Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi does anyone know about Danielle Reid in VA? Got her from AKC. I am new here & have been reading a lot on this forum & have gotten so much valuable info. I’m going to call her but I’d love to get your expert opinions. Thanks!

·
Premium Member
24,024 Posts
I looked on the website of that breeder and there are a lot of red flags. Our suggestion if you're going for a breeder is to find one who actively shows, has Champions in their line and doesn't breed other breeds.This breeder's page shows that she breeds all kinds of dog breeds, she doesn't show, she just sells puppies to make money not for the betterment of the breed as reputable breeders do. I also don't like that she writes "adopt" one of our dogs so it makes you think you're doing something good. You are not adopting from them you are buying a dog. I work in adoption and those dogs are truly adopted out. I would suggest you go to the American Maltese Association's website and look under breeders listed by state whom they endorse as they're the parent breed organization. For breeders being part of AKC means they pay some money to get their dogs registered. It doesn't hold weight about what kind of breeder they are. Please read more about what to look for in getting a Maltese in our stickies. There are many scam as well out there so beware.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for answering. That website isn't hers, even though it has the same name. I had originally eliminated her bc of that. But her bio on AKC sounds much better than that. I appreciate your time.

·
Premium Member
17,565 Posts
I agree totally w/Sue (Snowbody). AKC means little in terms of quality.

Reactions: zen’s mom
1 - 4 of 4 Posts