Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
7,741 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
its switching for me...it was only 2 pics right?

·
Registered
4,515 Posts
i see both, i love noodle, he has been one of my favorites of all time

·
Premium Member
21,482 Posts
Originally posted by DMZ dogs@Mar 18 2005, 10:45 PM
Yeah, just two pictures.

Okay, so long as everyone ELSE gets treated to seeing Noodle, I can do without...after all...I've got framed pics of him on the wall in front of me and he's looking incredibly cute snoozing away on the bed behind me.  :D

THANKS!
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=44367
[/QUOTE]
Do the other avatars switch out... such as mine and LadyM's? If those also don't fade in and out with two pics then it is probably due to a setting on your new computer. I had this happen to me once on a web site and it was due to my Java Script not working right.

·
Premium Member
21,482 Posts
Originally posted by DMZ dogs@Mar 19 2005, 08:51 AM
I only see Kallie in your avatar...how do I fix this?  I want to see EVERYONE's pics.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=44392
[/QUOTE]

Ah... something is wrong then...

Here is a web site that has the large picture at the left that fades in to another picture. Does it do that for you? If not, then I believe your Java setting may need to be fixed. This is done in the Internet Explorer tools where your settings are. You may have Java turned off ????

Web Site with Images Fading in and Out

·
Premium Member
21,482 Posts
Originally posted by DMZ dogs@Mar 19 2005, 08:58 AM
Yeah, those pictures fade into other pictures....disappointed that they weren't Maltese-related.....

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=44394
[/QUOTE]

Sorry they weren't more interesting... it is just the only site I could think of quickly that had images that fade. Gosh, I don't have any other ideas why this could be happening... Did they fade on your laptop? If so, you may want to see if your settings are the same for your laptop and new computer.

·
Premium Member
21,482 Posts
Originally posted by DMZ dogs@Mar 19 2005, 09:10 AM
Yeah, they worked just fine on the laptop.  Unfortunately, it's in my classroom now and it's 11:00 pm on a Saturday night.  By the time Monday rolls around, I'll remember that there is something I want to see on the laptop, but I'll have no idea what it is. 

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=44398
[/QUOTE]

Shall I remind you!

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
Originally posted by Kallie/Catcher's Mom@Mar 19 2005, 08:54 AM
You may have Java turned off ????

Web Site with Images Fading in and Out
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=44393
[/QUOTE]

Java no longer comes with windows (unless something has changed again) so a newer *windows* computer won't have it... I believe you need to get it yourself manually and that can be done here
Sun Java Latest Version

If you have it already though, maybe reinstalling wont hurt

Good luck!

·
Premium Member
21,482 Posts
Originally posted by DMZ dogs@Mar 19 2005, 09:49 AM
How do I know if I already have it?  Where would it be?  (I'm on Windows XP if that helps)
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=44410
[/QUOTE]

The fact that you could see the images fading on the web site url I gave you confuses me even more because I think that it uses Java ??? This is too weird....

You could go to the Java site to download and it will likely search your computer to see if you already have it and will let you know.... I'm guessing but that is the way things usually work! Keep us posted!

·
Premium Member
21,482 Posts
Originally posted by DMZ dogs@Mar 21 2005, 12:33 AM
Oh, and I cannot install JavaScript because I don't have a legal copy of windows xp, it turns out.  There were legal copies galore for a laptop, but I was told that there weren't any for a desktop.  Though, why there is a difference, I cannot understand.  Anyway, my computer has an illegal copy on it...if I find a legal one, I can change it, maybe....They tinkered around with it a lot to get the OS changed to English.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=44810
[/QUOTE]

I didn't think there was a difference between XP for a laptop or desktop. That doesn't sound correct to me. I'm almost positive that software is interchangeable between laptop and desktop. I've never seen any software advertised as being for a laptop or desktop. It's either for a PC or for a Mac. You can buy either an XP upgrade from Windows 98 or a complete installation of XP. I would be worried about an illegal copy.... I would be surprised if it worked right, which may be why you're having problems already with the images not switching back and forth, etc.

You might be able to find useful info at Microsoft's site: Microsft's Site - Windows XP Product Information

Good luck!

·
Registered
4,515 Posts

·
Registered
3,483 Posts
Originally posted by Joe@Mar 25 2005, 08:45 PM
this pic was all it took...
HEY! Is that you in that picture frame? I SEE YOU!!! Look at that Hot Mama! Too bad the picture isnt bigger! :D

·
Registered
7,428 Posts
Originally posted by Kallie/Catcher's Mom+Mar 25 2005, 08:12 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-DMZ dogs
@Mar 21 2005, 12:33 AM
Oh, and I cannot install JavaScript because I don't have a legal copy of windows xp, it turns out.  There were legal copies galore for a laptop, but I was told that there weren't any for a desktop.  Though, why there is a difference, I cannot understand.  Anyway, my computer has an illegal copy on it...if I find a legal one, I can change it, maybe....They tinkered around with it a lot to get the OS changed to English.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=44810
I didn't think there was a difference between XP for a laptop or desktop. That doesn't sound correct to me. I'm almost positive that software is interchangeable between laptop and desktop. I've never seen any software advertised as being for a laptop or desktop. It's either for a PC or for a Mac. You can buy either an XP upgrade from Windows 98 or a complete installation of XP. I would be worried about an illegal copy.... I would be surprised if it worked right, which may be why you're having problems already with the images not switching back and forth, etc.

You might be able to find useful info at Microsoft's site: Microsft's Site - Windows XP Product Information

Good luck!
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=46348
[/B][/QUOTE]

Laptops and desktops both use the same XP. The only different version of XP is for the tablet computers, which is XP Tablet or something like that.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts