Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
4,515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After putting off ever buying the doggie drug "greenies" I finally did it last weekend, bought 2 of them, one for Sampson and one for Maggie, I gave them one each, Maggie proceeded to the living room and Sampson to the bedroom, a couple minutes later Sampson comes out, no greenie, I think maybe he dropped it, I found it in the bed, I gave it to him again, he took it to the bathroom and dropped it
I wait about 20 minutes, take it to him again, he wouldnt even take it
he doesnt like them, from what I have read they are irrestible

in the mean time I have checked on Maggie, she has ate 1/2 of hers, so I tested the "doggy drug" theroy and reached for her greenie, BIG mistake, she has never, ever growled, I didnt think she had it in her, it was one of those "try it Buster and I'll take your arm off growels" too, so I quickley asserted my alpha male status with a stern NO and tapped her on the nose with my finger and ended with a "BAD GIRL", I'm 6'1", i can take this 5# dog I thought to myself, so I reached for it again and she growled her displeasure so I repeated the above steps and the next few times she gave it to me no trouble, HA I tought her

anyway, she finished hers and found Sampsons a little while later where I had laid it beside him , Kim called for me and told me what was going on so I went and took it from Maggie without fisticufs breaking out and laid it on a table in the living room, Maggie circles the bottom of the table for a good five minutes trying to derive a way to "get it"

and in the mean time Sampson has shown NO intrest, I guess he did pay attention to those "just say no" commercials I made him watch as a young child :lol:

·
Registered
7,840 Posts
Brinkley started out loving them like Maggie...then he changed and now treats them like Sampson does...he takes them away and buries them and I find them in VERY weird places.
I don't know why his opinion changed, but very seldom will he actually eat one up now.

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
I don't know.... but Miko treats them as serious doggy "crack" (as someone once called it). He will do anything once he sees me holding one. While wearing an e-collar he didn't really want to (or even was capable) of chewing any bone but still, even then, he managed to destroy the greenie in his record time. I limit giving him greenies to 2-3 times per week, but we have a neighbor in our building who gives them to her maltese 2-3 times per day (I know, shocking) and her dog is still fine.

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
Not all of my kids like greenies. I have also noticed quality differences in the greenies. When I buy big packs, they refuse to eat them. But the individually wrapped ones, they all love. Isn't it strange!

·
Registered
7,840 Posts
Originally posted by CharmyPoo@Apr 30 2005, 05:17 PM
Not all of my kids like greenies.  I have also noticed quality differences in the greenies.  When I buy big packs, they refuse to eat them.  But the individually wrapped ones, they all love.  Isn't it strange!
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=58389
[/QUOTE]

Someone said somewhere before that it might be a freshness issue...someone even said they froze theirs when they came in the big bags...(I think I remember that anyway...
)

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
Originally posted by Joe@Apr 30 2005, 01:02 PM
  I guess he did pay attention to those "just say no" commercials I made him watch as a young child  :lol:
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=58341
[/QUOTE]
HAHA :lol: Caesar likes them, but he hides them first, then eats them later. He much rather perfers edible Nylabones :D

·
Registered
7,840 Posts
Originally posted by Caesar's Mommie+Apr 30 2005, 05:36 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-Joe
@Apr 30 2005, 01:02 PM
  I guess he did pay attention to those "just say no" commercials I made him watch as a young child  :lol:
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=58341
HAHA :lol: Caesar likes them, but he hides them first, then eats them later. He much rather perfers edible Nylabones :D
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=58392
[/B][/QUOTE]

Brink too, but ONLY bacon!

·
Registered
831 Posts
Daezie and Maya like greenies too. The trick with Maya is that she waits until Daezie chews her and doesnt want it anymore then Maya runs for it.
I guess Maya likes the soft part of it. Even if I give her a new one she would not eat it she just leaves it there and just waits patiently next to Daezie

·
Registered
2,863 Posts
my babies are funny.

if one is chewing on a stick....and the other one wants it. the other one will start barking like crazy and start running towards the window (where they watch people walking in front of our street)....so the one chewing will leave her stick---and the other one will grab it quick!

i hope that makes sense. it usually happens between gruffi and ellie. gruffi will want ellies stick.

·
Registered
552 Posts
What is a greenie? I have never heard of them. I have a lot of different treats for my baby and switch them from time to time so he won't get bored with the same old thing. Maybe he will like a greenie if I know where you can get them?

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
Originally posted by Baby Gizmo@May 2 2005, 06:30 PM
What is a greenie?  I have never heard of them.  I have a lot of different treats for my baby and switch them from time to time so he won't get bored with the same old thing.  Maybe he will like a greenie if I know where you can get them? 

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=59065
[/QUOTE]
Greenies are these little green edible chew bones. You can find them at Petsmart.

·
Registered
226 Posts
at first i didn't think tessa liked the greenies much either. but i have found with both my dogs that they like to hide their greenies in their secret hiding spots and then after awhile, when i've already forgotten about the greenie, it unexpectantly shows up in their mouth half done! i think they do it in secret... -_-

·
Registered
4,035 Posts
Originally posted by ilove_d&m@May 2 2005, 06:30 PM
Daezie and Maya like greenies too. The trick with Maya is that she waits until Daezie chews her and doesnt want it anymore then Maya runs for it.
I guess Maya likes the soft part of it. Even if I give her a new one she would not eat it she just leaves it there and just waits patiently next to Daezie 

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=59058
[/QUOTE]
What great team work

1 - 20 of 29 Posts