Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,932 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I told in another post about a crazy lady in PetSmart this afternoon about a Maltese she bought that has a big underbite. The poor thing's face also looks a tad funny and the body looks way longer than other Malts I've seen. She told me where she bought her and it's a place that's recently opened that sells puppies. The people who own it used to sell puppies at a flea market near there. A few weeks ago, I met a couple who'd bought two Pomeranians from the same place. They were very tiny. The first one was over a year old and weighs about 3 lbs. then they went back to these people several months ago and bought another one. This new one, however, is not doing so well. It got where it couldn't use its back legs and they found out something is wrong with the spinal cord where it didn't develop normally and they are facing some very expensive surgery if they can find a way to raise the money. The surgery isn't guaranteed to work. The couple tried to talk to the people at this store, but they don't want to discuss it or help. It's sounding like the people who are selling these puppies have no business doing so and don't know what they're doing. Is there anything that can be done about a place like this?

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

·
Registered
5,480 Posts
Maybe you should contact a local news station in your area so the place would be known for
What they are dong. So sad for these fluffs. : (

·
Registered
2,610 Posts
You could organize enough peaceful protesters to harass the store and stand out front with posters that they close....around here they heckled the customers of one store and shouted out things to passing cars... the store did eventually close down. Not quite my taste but eh...

·
Registered
3,231 Posts
They Are Trash, All Just to make a Buck And These Poor Little Doggies, This Makes Me Sick/ Shame on those kind of people.
Wish I Could Write What Iam Really Thinking==Wouldnt be lady like.
Nickee In Pa*

·
Premium Member
5,783 Posts
The best thing to do is Educate and Advocate! At EVERY opportunity, tell people the horrors of using back yard breeders and puppy mills. On Google you can search the company and leave a very negative review. You could try: contacting area political leaders and begging them for legislation, contact animal control, contact the news, post stories like these on FB, file a complaint with the Better Business Bureau....

·
Super Moderator
10,170 Posts
There have been a lot of peaceful protests that have been great at raising awareness.

The media is a great idea too - either as a regular news piece or maybe some sort of "What's Your Problem". Our news (both print and otherwise) do both types of reports when there's a problem like that.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts