Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner
1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
7,486 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got an email from Nordstrom with some new offerings for the holidays from Juicy. They have 2 pet bags. One is $275 and is the small size for pets up to 5 pounds. This one is $295 and has much bigger dimensions for pets up to 15 pounds. Is it possible that they've really begun making the larger bag again? Or is this a booboo?

http://store.nordstrom.com/product/product...StyleID=2881978

I don't need another Juicy bag, but am very tempted by that latch on the top. Anyone have a Nordy near them that can check it out?

·
Premium Member
21,482 Posts
Wow, it does look like they're making the bigger one again. The closest Nordstrom to me is an hour away or else I would be glad to check on it. The bag is adorable and I love all the color choices. I went to the Juicy site to see if they had any info but the site doesn't have much info and the "Contact us" link didn't work. When I clicked on "Shop" it took me to N-M and I didn't see the bag there and it didn't come up in a search.

·
Registered
6,614 Posts
Is it really a bigger one?? If anyone sees this bag in person... let us know if it truely is BIGGER! This will be on my wish list if it is bigger!

My sister is buying me a juicy bag for myself for xmas! I cant wait!

·
Registered
3,615 Posts
Susan, I called my handbag spy at Nordies and she said they got one in each color last week and they are all gone. Her information was exactly the same dimension as the website. I also had heard from a contact who deals with Juicy headquarters that they are going to be making a larger bag, although it would not be the same style as the old large bag. I wonder if this is it? I am tempted to order it to see, but my credit cards might explode.

·
Registered
7,486 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The email I got from Nordstrom said free shipping......

And since we don't have a Nordies in my state we don't pay sales tax either. I just don't think I'd better. I need a house first and new furniture. Plus Sadie and Sassy have Juicy bags, but I sure would like that like closure thingy!!!!

Anyone out there who was looking for a Juicy bag - this might be the time!

·
Registered
74 Posts
Hmmmmm wonder if I could put more than one baby in there at a time? I have never owned a Juicy bag, and it is cute.

·
Registered
7,486 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Melinda, I own 2 of the large ones that they made last year. They are great! Very roomy and my girls use those during the day to nap in (with the flap open). Unless your pups were very small, two dogs would be a tight squeeze. I'd say that two pups that were about 2-3 pounds might fit, but it would be a bit close.

·
Premium Member
21,482 Posts
I just don't think I'd better. I need a house first and new furniture. Plus Sadie and Sassy have Juicy bags, but I sure would like that like closure thingy!!!![/B]
Hmmm, maybe you could sell your Juicy Bags here on SM ... after your new ones are safe and sound with you, of course!!!
It might be a win/win for all!!

·
Registered
74 Posts
Melinda, I own 2 of the large ones that they made last year. They are great! Very roomy and my girls use those during the day to nap in (with the flap open). Unless your pups were very small, two dogs would be a tight squeeze. I'd say that two pups that were about 2-3 pounds might fit, but it would be a bit close.[/B]

Susan, thanks for letting me know. I am really thinking about those bags. LOL

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
I got an email from Nordstrom with some new offerings for the holidays from Juicy. They have 2 pet bags. One is $275 and is the small size for pets up to 5 pounds. This one is $295 and has much bigger dimensions for pets up to 15 pounds. Is it possible that they've really begun making the larger bag again? Or is this a booboo?

http://store.nordstrom.com/product/product...StyleID=2881978

I don't need another Juicy bag, but am very tempted by that latch on the top. Anyone have a Nordy near them that can check it out?[/B]
Susan, what is the difference in the latch on the top? I didn't see anything about the weight of the bag. Have you ever seen the LV dog carrier or which one do you like best? If I buy a Juicy Carrier I guess that I should do it now to avoid sales tax because Nordstrom is planning to build a store in the Nashville area.

·
Registered
7,486 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Julia,
The bags that I have do not have the latch on top. By this I mean that I zip up my bags but there is a little part at the top that Sadie and Sassy can wiggle their noses out of. I could probably rig up some sort of velcro closure and I would have to do this if I used the bags on a plane, etc. because my girls are small enough that they can get out of the bag if they really want to. The new bag has a little sliding latch to keep this from happening. If you look in my gallery I think that the photo of my bags are there. You could compare them to the one being offered from Nordstrom.

I love the Juicy bags. They have a great zipper compartment for your phone, a leash, credit cards, etc. so that you would be able to carry this bag and not have to carry your purse. I'm not sure about the LV bag, but I think it is bulkier than the Juicy bag. I would guess that it would be heavier too, because instead of fabric mesh it has metal mesh. The J. bags are not ultra light, at least not the larger ones. My bags did not come with a shoulder strap either. I like that the new ones have that long strap in addition to the hand straps.

If this is TRULY the size that they advertise then it is a nice bag. Beware, though, to those of you with larger Maltese. They say it fits pets up to 15 pounds. My bichon is 12-13 pounds and there is NO WAY she'd fit the bag. She is simply too tall. If I were ordering one (and I might) the first thing I would do is to measure it and if it isn't the size that they say I would send it right back. If I find that the new bag is really the large size I might consider selling my current ones.

A note for those of us who live in states that don't have a lot of high end stores - if you have stuff shipped to you, you really can save some money. When we were in Houston my girls had insurance money to replace things that they lost in the hurricane and we had everything sent home. I used to shop at Saks in New Orleans and I never, ever brought the stuff home with me - I always had my purchases shipped and paid no sales tax. Believe me, on an expensive purse or piece of jewelry it makes a big difference.

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
I have the larger Juicy bag (just like Susan) and I have to say that it is heavy!! It does depend on how much you plan to walk around with it but it will definitely hurt your shoulder after a while. My husband claims that alone the bag weighs 3 lbs -- I truly don't know if that's true. If we are going out to a place that involves lots of walking (like the mall) I tend to bring my cheapie bag from Petco which weighs maybe half a pound. Plus the shoulder straps are not comfortable in any way (my husband complains non stop about it). Honestly, I go through periods of loving my juicy bag and right now its just not that time!!
My dog really does love that bag but he loves the cheapie from Petco as well.

By the way, its important to measure height and length of your pup, which often differs from weight. For us, 14.5 inch length will be fine but I can imagine that for some dogs, its not long enough.

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
We just got the smaller one for Haley (the watermelon and green one) and I just love it, but in a way wish I got the larger one. Haley is only 3.5 lbs. and she can lay down but doesnt have much room to move around. The bigger one did feel a little too bulky for me.

I bought mine from a boutique, but I was at Nordstrom 2 weeks ago and saw both the smaller and larger ones, so they are making both sizes (I wasnt sure they had stopped). The larger size doesnt seem too much bigger to me, just a little bit taller and longer, but not much wider.

The new Juicy beds are also cute.

You can get all the Juicy stuff from GlamourDog also, I think they might give a forum discount of some sort, but maybe im wrong?

btw- the smaller size is $275 and the larger size is $295, I wonder why they are only offering one size...

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
I think the Juicy bags are adorable but difficult to carry. I have the smaller ones but the width is wide and the shoulder straps short so my arms are way out there! This one has even a bigger width so I wonder if it will be more awkward.

My feeling ... Juicy bags are good to look at and really comfortable for the pups .. but for us .. they are not the most comfortable. I find myself often using a more comfortable bag instead.

On a side note, I designed couple dog bags and have been looking at manufacturers to make them. I wonder how that will pend out. I am considering starting a side business. I love my Maltese and I know/love bags
so why not!

·
Premium Member
21,482 Posts
On a side note, I designed couple dog bags and have been looking at manufacturers to make them. I wonder how that will pend out. I am considering starting a side business. I love my Maltese and I know/love bags
so why not![/B]
Great idea! I assume you're getting it made in China? Most all bags, even designer names like Kate Spade, etc. have their bags made there. I design products for the company I work for and all you need to do is find a great "agent" to get your design to a factory in China and they'll make a prototype for you... then you can tweak it a couple times and then get it made. The lowest quantity I've seen is 1,500 pieces but sometimes you can piggyback on someone else's order that is using the same fabric and they'll let you go lower. Sometimes the minimum is 3,000 or more. The fabric is what generally drives up the quantity because, at least in my experience, it is custom made for your item. They really don't stock anything over there. I guess the most important thing is to get an "agent" who has great connections to the factories, to fabrics, etc. Good luck!! I can't wait to see your bags!!!! (For me it usually takes a minimum of 6-8 months ---usually longer -- from design to having the goods in stock.) If I can help in any way, please don't hesitate to ask me....

·
Registered
7,486 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I must agree that there are bags that are easier to carry than the Juicy bags. I am a big fan of Juicy bags (as you all know) but it probably should be mentioned that I carry my girls in the car in their bags. They rarely go to stores with us because there are two of them. We travel with them alot and I sit these bags in the floor of the back seat, facing each other and that seems to be a safe place for them. So for me the bags are great for going to the vets, the groomers, car trips, and for a nap at home. I would use them on the plane, but I wouldn't be able to handle both dogs. I would have to have someone with me to carry the other bag. I just really like the design of the bag and it fits my needs perfectly. I can see where it might not work for everyone in the same way.

·
Registered
28 Posts
so why not![/B]
Great idea! I assume you're getting it made in China? Most all bags, even designer names like Kate Spade, etc. have their bags made there. I design products for the company I work for and all you need to do is find a great "agent" to get your design to a factory in China and they'll make a prototype for you... then you can tweak it a couple times and then get it made. The lowest quantity I've seen is 1,500 pieces but sometimes you can piggyback on someone else's order that is using the same fabric and they'll let you go lower. Sometimes the minimum is 3,000 or more. The fabric is what generally drives up the quantity because, at least in my experience, it is custom made for your item. They really don't stock anything over there. I guess the most important thing is to get an "agent" who has great connections to the factories, to fabrics, etc. Good luck!! I can't wait to see your bags!!!! (For me it usually takes a minimum of 6-8 months ---usually longer -- from design to having the goods in stock.) If I can help in any way, please don't hesitate to ask me....
[/B]
Hmm.....since your getting it made in China, why not ask about a special deal on dog or cat fur?? Don't worry, this is my LAST post on this VERY hypocritical website.
Brenda

·
Registered
7,840 Posts
so why not![/B]
[/B]
Hmm.....since your getting it made in China, why not ask about a special deal on dog or cat fur?? Don't worry, this is my LAST post on this VERY hypocritical website.
Brenda
[/B]

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
Brenda[/B]
Brenda,
This type of attitute is not encouraged nor fostered here at SpoiledMaltese. You should think before you speak. Do you know what material I am planning to make my bags out of? You have no right to judge others.

Good Luck and I hope you find a site that supports the way you share your ideas.

If you are so interested in dog or cat fur from china, I can ask for you and send it your way.

1 - 20 of 61 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.