Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner
21 - 40 of 61 Posts

· Registered
2,743 Posts
On a side note, I designed couple dog bags and have been looking at manufacturers to make them. I wonder how that will pend out. I am considering starting a side business. I love my Maltese and I know/love bags
so why not![/B]
Great idea! I assume you're getting it made in China? Most all bags, even designer names like Kate Spade, etc. have their bags made there. I design products for the company I work for and all you need to do is find a great "agent" to get your design to a factory in China and they'll make a prototype for you... then you can tweak it a couple times and then get it made. The lowest quantity I've seen is 1,500 pieces but sometimes you can piggyback on someone else's order that is using the same fabric and they'll let you go lower. Sometimes the minimum is 3,000 or more. The fabric is what generally drives up the quantity because, at least in my experience, it is custom made for your item. They really don't stock anything over there. I guess the most important thing is to get an "agent" who has great connections to the factories, to fabrics, etc. Good luck!! I can't wait to see your bags!!!! (For me it usually takes a minimum of 6-8 months ---usually longer -- from design to having the goods in stock.) If I can help in any way, please don't hesitate to ask me....
[/B]
Hmm.....since your getting it made in China, why not ask about a special deal on dog or cat fur?? Don't worry, this is my LAST post on this VERY hypocritical website.
Brenda
[/B]
BYE BYE

· Registered
274 Posts
charmypoo make sure you show us the finished product when its done! oh & don't mind that idiot brenda or whatever the heck her name is. she must have no life. how sad.

no one wants her here anyway.

goodbye brenda. WE'RE GLAD IT WAS YOUR LAST POST.

· Registered
7,668 Posts
Just my opinion...
but when we respond to posts in such a manner, we are no better than the person who started the mess...right?

Again, just my opinion...but sometimes it is better just to let it go.

· Registered
3,206 Posts
Just my opinion...
but when we respond to posts in such a manner, we are no better than the person who started the mess...right?

[/B]
I agree with you 100% Traci,thats why I have not posted on this thread.Or even the other one. Sometimes it is better to just ignore stuff like this.JMO I really do not want to get "caught Up" in stuff like this.

· Registered
327 Posts
I don't know what went on there..

I just wanted to say that I actally saw that juicy bag in the original post in a store called Sporting Life. (I'm in Canada.. so you guys probably don't know this store...)
They had both the small and big one. The small one is pretty small. Probably not good for long trips. The big one seem like they would fit my Pudding more comfortably...

· Registered
27 Posts
I am really sorry that I offended ANYONE with this thread or my other one. ( BTW, I DO know how to spell hypocritical, I was just soo upset when I posted that I didn't even realize that I had misspelled it.) I WASN'T going to post on here again, but after reading all of the personal attacks on me, I felt as though I needed to. (I DO still read this board because there IS alot of info on here about Maltese.) I am NOT an idiot OR a loser & I DO have a life. I don't need to resort to personal attacks on ANYONE because their opinion differs from my own. Honestly, when I read the first line in the post about making bags in China, I THOUGHT it was in sarcasm. When I realized that it WASN'T, I actually was apalled. Wasn't there a thread on here about boycotting China? If you KNEW me, I don't think that you would be attacking me personally just because my views on something differ from your own. I am a member of ASPCA, Humane Society of the United States, Peta, etc. I receive alot of info from plenty of orginizations & I read it. Yes, maybe I shouldn't have titled my thread "hypocritical" (hypocrital, I guess it actually was.) I didn't realize that some people would think that I was calling THEM hypocritical. What I had meant was the "Thinking" seemed hypocritical to me. Also, in the thread I stated that I assumed it would upset people, it WASN'T started for that reason. (BTW< I didn't even know what a TROLL was until I read about it on this website.) I personally don't care if someone buys leather, eats meat, whatever they want to do. It just upset me because the first thread I read was the China one & IMMEDIATELY after that I read about the Juicy bag. I started the thread because I was upset at some of the thinking. Honestly, I wish Joe would close this one. Again, I AM sorry that I offended anyone. But, I am also THANKFUL that I DIDN'T resort to personal attacks.
Brenda

· Registered
1,482 Posts
Just my opinion...

[/B]

Yeah....I tried that for a while with just READING what was going on...and THOUGHT it was over. Then got finally got caught up in it. SHAME ON ME.

Maybe Joe can close this thread as well. It's getting Old Already.

· Registered
7,533 Posts
Hmm.....since your getting it made in China, why not ask about a special deal on dog or cat fur?? Don't worry, this is my LAST post on this VERY hypocritical website.
Brenda[/B]
Perhaps there's another forum out there for you to frequent that would be more to your liking. I suggest you look else where to smear your distasteful remarks and leave us here at SM wallow in our "hypocritical" site.
Have a nice day.

· Registered
238 Posts
I am really sorry that I offended ANYONE with this thread or my other one. ( BTW, I DO know how to spell hypocritical, I was just soo upset when I posted that I didn't even realize that I had misspelled it.) I WASN'T going to post on here again, but after reading all of the personal attacks on me, I felt as though I needed to. (I DO still read this board because there IS alot of info on here about Maltese.) I am NOT an idiot OR a loser & I DO have a life. I don't need to resort to personal attacks on ANYONE because their opinion differs from my own. Honestly, when I read the first line in the post about making bags in China, I THOUGHT it was in sarcasm. When I realized that it WASN'T, I actually was apalled. Wasn't there a thread on here about boycotting China? If you KNEW me, I don't think that you would be attacking me personally just because my views on something differ from your own. I am a member of ASPCA, Humane Society of the United States, Peta, etc. I receive alot of info from plenty of orginizations & I read it. Yes, maybe I shouldn't have titled my thread "hypocritical" (hypocrital, I guess it actually was.) I didn't realize that some people would think that I was calling THEM hypocritical. What I had meant was the "Thinking" seemed hypocritical to me. Also, in the thread I stated that I assumed it would upset people, it WASN'T started for that reason. (BTW< I didn't even know what a TROLL was until I read about it on this website.) I personally don't care if someone buys leather, eats meat, whatever they want to do. It just upset me because the first thread I read was the China one & IMMEDIATELY after that I read about the Juicy bag. I started the thread because I was upset at some of the thinking. Honestly, I wish Joe would close this one. Again, I AM sorry that I offended anyone. But, I am also THANKFUL that I DIDN'T resort to personal attacks.
Brenda[/B]
1. You're not sorry, or you would not be hijacking this thread

2. I will state again...if you think that you are going to come on here and start a ruckus, get over yourself...it ain't gonna happen

When you have something positive to contribute to this forum....please let us know....assuming we don't all have you on "ignore" by then.

Charmaine...I'm very sorry for the rude, uncalled-for comment that was directed towards you. If you are still checking this thread...I would really enjoy hearing about this line of handbags that you are designing. I also apologize to everyone for this thread going so far off topic....hopefully we can either get it back on track or start a new one. We have one sour apple trying to spoil the bunch....let's just move on and concentrate on the real reason we are all here...to brag, spoil, and share stories about our furbabies.

· Registered
1,879 Posts
I don't know what went on there..

I just wanted to say that I actally saw that juicy bag in the original post in a store called Sporting Life. (I'm in Canada.. so you guys probably don't know this store...)
They had both the small and big one. The small one is pretty small. Probably not good for long trips. The big one seem like they would fit my Pudding more comfortably...
[/B]
What a cute puppy you have! Did you get him/her from a breeder here? I live in Toronto and I have never seen the Juicy bags carried here .. I never thought of Sporting Life though. I had my ordered and delivered to my friend in the US.

· Registered
1,879 Posts
Brenda,
Personal attacks are never called for but I do understand that sometimes we are so passionate about a topic that we let it get to us. I just feel you have no right to attack others without any basis. It is not our fault that you cannot see broader than two threads.

What does it mean that you are a member of your local humane society? Does that make you better than me? In addition to being a member of my local humane society and donating to it every month, I am also members of local rescue groups. I regularly foster dogs and volunteer my services in creating and maintaining their websites for free. In addition, I participate in fundraising events.

How can you boycott China? Have you looked around your house? Do you understand how many products are manufactured in China? I won't be surprised the nails used to build your house are manufactured there.

I think you have to start boycotting Walmart too. Walmart provides you with the prices they do by pressuring their suppliers and vendors. The suppliers are forced to go to china to meet those pricing demands (http://www.fastcompany.com/magazine/77/walmart.html).

· Registered
27 Posts
I think that last post was directed at me, not Angela. I NEVER said I was boycotting China. I said that it was posted in a thread on this website. (My house is over 100 years old, so I highly doubt the nails were made in China.) If you are going to attack me, please make sure you are attacking the RIGHT person & also the RIGHT thing. I think maybe it isn't about "seeing broader than two threads", I think it has more to do with reading the "Whole" thread before attacking someone & calling them names & making assumptions. (BTW, I NEVER said I was better than you or anyone else on here.)
Brenda

· Registered
2,286 Posts
Brenda[/B]
1. You're not sorry, or you would not be hijacking this thread

2. I will state again...if you think that you are going to come on here and start a ruckus, get over yourself...it ain't gonna happen

When you have something positive to contribute to this forum....please let us know....assuming we don't all have you on "ignore" by then.

Charmaine...I'm very sorry for the rude, uncalled-for comment that was directed towards you. If you are still checking this thread...I would really enjoy hearing about this line of handbags that you are designing. I also apologize to everyone for this thread going so far off topic....hopefully we can either get it back on track or start a new one. We have one sour apple trying to spoil the bunch....let's just move on and concentrate on the real reason we are all here...to brag, spoil, and share stories about our furbabies.

[/B]
I agree -- I don't think you are sorry since you are continuing to post about it. You may say that you are okay with people having different views but clearly you are not. You just need to have more respect for members of this forum and people in general.

Just my opinion...

[/B]
I think that's an easy statement to make when you are not directly attacked. I do happen to own a juicy bag and I still consider myself to be an animal lover. Thus, I feel insulted by her comments and I feel the need to say something.

· Registered
1,879 Posts
Just my opinion...

[/B]
I agree but it's a little tough when people are hypocrites and don't hold true to their own word.

I must say I agree with the other posters. It is easy to take the stance of being the bigger person until you are personally being attacked.

· Registered
27 Posts
Would somebody please read this WHOLE thread????
I haven't personally atacked ANYONE. (Actually, I'M the one being attacked.) Charmypoo, when I made the sarcastic post about having bags made in China out of dog or cat fur, it WASN'T directed at you. It was made in response to the suggestion that you have your bags made in China AFTER someone had posted on here about boycotting China because of them skinning dogs & cats. Also, like I said in my other posts, I DON'T CARE IF YOU WEAR FUR, EAT MEAT, WEAR LEATHER!! READ my post. BTW, thanks for changing Angela's name to mine. She might have wondered what the heck SHE did wrong.

· Registered
7,668 Posts
On a side note, I designed couple dog bags and have been looking at manufacturers to make them. I wonder how that will pend out. I am considering starting a side business. I love my Maltese and I know/love bags
so why not![/B]
Great idea! I assume you're getting it made in China? Most all bags, even designer names like Kate Spade, etc. have their bags made there. I design products for the company I work for and all you need to do is find a great "agent" to get your design to a factory in China and they'll make a prototype for you... then you can tweak it a couple times and then get it made. The lowest quantity I've seen is 1,500 pieces but sometimes you can piggyback on someone else's order that is using the same fabric and they'll let you go lower. Sometimes the minimum is 3,000 or more. The fabric is what generally drives up the quantity because, at least in my experience, it is custom made for your item. They really don't stock anything over there. I guess the most important thing is to get an "agent" who has great connections to the factories, to fabrics, etc. Good luck!! I can't wait to see your bags!!!! (For me it usually takes a minimum of 6-8 months ---usually longer -- from design to having the goods in stock.) If I can help in any way, please don't hesitate to ask me....
[/B]
Brenda
[/B]

Just my opinion...

[/B]
I agree but it's a little tough when people are hypocrites and don't hold true to their own word.

I must say I agree with the other posters. It is easy to take the stance of being the bigger person until you are personally being attacked.
[/B]

I see what you are saying, but I saw it as more of a smart-butt comment to try and get a last word in more than a personal attack on anyone. More of an attack on the forum in general.
Anyway...just thought it was better to ignore than to fuel the fire.

I'm done here. Don't know why I even started reading b/c I don't have a Juicy Bag and have no interest in them right now...
Sorry, should have kept my nose out of it-as usual.

21 - 40 of 61 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.