Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
219 Posts
Oh YEAH. You're on the money, as they say. Her adult dogs look terrible, and why is she selling a 4 year old for 200.00??? That's a money making operation right there.
Just the fact that she has more than 2 breeds makes me suspicious. The website is poorly done, and looks kinda seedy. lol.

And last, but not least- WHO SPECIALIZES IN PET QUALITY PUPPIES??????

·
Registered
7,428 Posts
She isn't on any the Puppymill list or Broker list. She only has 3 breeds of dogs, that isn't too bad. It depends on how often she has litters.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
LOL thought so .. and shes basicly admiting shes a BYB!..... she even has pics of where they keep the dogs and its not inside!....... scrool down to where the INDEX is and u will see em!

·
Registered
894 Posts
From the looks on the picture of where she keeps all the puppies, it seems like a lot of sectioned off area's, she must have quite a few pups. I also question the different numbers of breeds she has. I would strongly suggest you NOT purchase from them. There are many of us here that made this mistake in the past.....we all have "pet quality" puppies, some have many health issues. A responsible breeder would not do what this person is doing.....

·
Registered
608 Posts
I would not go as far as to say she is a puppymiller or her dogs look terrible. Are they well bred no probably not. Is she a byb yes looks to be. But the general condition of her dogs seems decent. But I sure wouldn't buy from her

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
I wouldn't buy from her either and am glad you asked here (even though you already knew in your heart the answer) about this "breeder" She is definitely a BYB/boarder line puppy mill.

·
Registered
7,428 Posts
Originally posted by puppylucy@Apr 25 2005, 05:08 PM
what a horribly designed website!

charmaine, you should offer your services! only kidding.

definitely doesn't look reputable to me
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=56513
[/QUOTE]

LOL!! That is what I thought when I saw it yesterday. I didn't spend much time looking at the site after that.

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
I would say she is definetly a backyard breeder. A puppy mill I can not say. I am not familiar with pugs and Lhasas so I can't judge based on their appearance. I am not too happy about her puppy contract though!

·
Registered
2,942 Posts
Originally posted by CharmyPoo@Apr 26 2005, 09:42 AM
I would say she is definetly a backyard breeder.  A puppy mill I can not say.  I am not familiar with pugs and Lhasas so I can't judge based on their appearance.  I am not too happy about her puppy contract though!
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=56755
[/QUOTE]

I agree with the other posters that this is at least a BYB, possibly more. As for the contract, I don't like it either. One thing I would like to point out is her requirement that one purchase the vitamins. This is a way for her to continue making money from you as this company sends her a commission check when she sells them. The company contacted me, after seeing my website, and offered to do the same. I declined. Also, with having sold six Maltese pups in three years, I don't think I'm one they would want to fool with.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts