Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi, i was told by a shop that this is a Pure Breed Maltese but I have my doubts. I'm no expert but it looked different to me. He is 7 mos old and is pretty big. The photo is not very clear, but can anyone confirm for me if he is?

Attachments

·
Premium Member
596 Posts
Max

Hi:

This is Max my almost 5 month old baby boy. Loves to eat and enjoys it :w00t: !

This past Monday I asked the Vet why he is so [email protected] 5.5 already and she said that he is standard size. Not big or little. His legs are short but his thighs are huge. His mom is 5lbs :HistericalSmiley:super active. Max is sweet and has loving personality but he is a fattie :blush:

Attachments

·
Premium Member
4,623 Posts
Yup, Marina is my go to girl for dog identification. That girl knows her dogs for sure!

·
Premium Member
10,616 Posts
Well to me it looks like a Coton de Tulear. They're from the same ''family'' as the Maltese though.
I agree that he looks very much like a coton. You have to ask yourself what is the pricetag? Nobody is going to substitute a coton for a malt if they are only looking for the money. Cotons from comparable breeders still cost at least 25% more than a well bred malt. I know, because I have both. Many people have told me that my coton looks just like their Malt. But my malt is so much more delicate and refined, than my incredibly handsome, amazingly smart coton. I dearly love both breeds. All I am saying is that I can't imagine anyone would misrepresent a coton as a Malt...cause cotons cost more.

·
Premium Member
1,466 Posts
The people I work for have a Coton and he is a big ole furry boy! He looks like he stuck his paw in an electrical socket! LOL But I agree he looks like a mix or just a big maltese. My Dixie would have been a big girl on the 8+ lb size. Her parents are double the size of Samson and Delilah are. But I know they are full Maltese.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts