Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Maya is going to the vet tomorrow to get her last set of shots but I was wondering her tear stains have been pretty damp, is this a sign of anything bad? Also they dont smell very good, I know my yorkie has tear stains and they dont smell that good either but not like this. She is acting fine but I just thought I would ask...I hope we dont find anything out at the vet tomorrow

·
Registered
939 Posts
Could be a number of things...... a mild yeast infection, hair in her eye, allergies or teething are the first things that come to mind. Check with your vet tomorrow and he/she can rule out any problems. You may just need to clean her face each evening to help keep it clean.

Judi

·
Registered
3,483 Posts
DUDE, I thought I posted something in here already. I'm confused. I didn't go through?

Anyway, what I posted earlier was that Noriko had stinkiness in between her eyes. The doctor did give us something for it, but he wasn't quite sure what it was. It was some gel-looking stuff that was made to put IN there eyes. Wetness in between the eyes, I believe, is a sign of allergies. Whenever you notice it wet, try to use a tissue paper and pat it dry or something. The doctor will tell you what's up. I usually have SOMETHING to ask their doctor everytime I go. Hope it's ok. Let us know what happens!

·
Registered
17,659 Posts
How old is Maya? I bet she's teething. Tear staining can get really bad then.

Have you tried using cornstarch to keep her face dry? That will really help absorb the moisture and keep her face dry and good smelling.

Check her ears. Ear infections can cause tearing. Her ears should be clean and pink inside, no sign of any discharge.

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Originally posted by LadysMom@Nov 3 2004, 05:59 AM
How old is Maya? I bet she's teething. Tear staining can get really bad then.

Have you tried using cornstarch to keep her face dry? That will really help absorb the moisture and keep her face dry and good smelling.

Check her ears. Ear infections can cause tearing. Her ears should be clean and pink inside, no sign of any discharge.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=14587
[/QUOTE]

She is only 19 weeks! I will see what the vet thinks... Im sure she is teething

1 - 7 of 7 Posts