Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
17,659 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
From the katrinafoundpets.com website:

A TRUE MYSTERY, ! WHICH DOG IS REALLY SNOWBALL ?,

We think this could be the original boy and the puppy "Snowball", the photo was taken in the Superdome on 9/1/05

"God bless the little boy who jolted our national conscience and made us look repugnantly at ourselves and how we treat our animals" …

We think another child Romello and his mother took care of "Snowball" above and they are now in Texas. ( where the original child is that cried and vomited we do not know yet! )

Fort Worth Star-Telegram (TX)
September 11, 2005

Romello Freeman is 8, a third-grader from New Orleans who got a blue backpack with school supplies for his first day at Luella Merrett Elementary on Wednesday.
What did you do? he was asked.
"Let me see: work, PE, lunch, play, work, leave."
He has big brown eyes and braided hair, and he is utterly smitten with his new dog, a tiny Maltese he named Sunje.
The dog had run into his mother's long dress as the family stood in line to leave the Superdome last Friday. They picked her up and took her with them.

·
Registered
7,840 Posts
It just breaks my heart!
I thought they took the dog to the pet shelter when they took him away?
Did they just leave him running the streets when the bus left?
Awful horrible people!

Well, regardless of who this dog belongs to, or if it is Snowball....it sounds like someone loves him and took him in.

He is CUTE!!!!!!

·
Registered
17,659 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's what is confusing... The boy on the bus who cried and threw up when he couldn't take his dog, the one that has gotten so much media attention, is apparently a different boy/small white dog pair.

The dog in this picture is supposedly the "real" Snowball, but not the same dog everyone has gotten so upset over.

And yes, it seems like the "other" Snowball may have just been left to run the streets. They weren't worrying about saving pets in the early days and weeks.

I hope this Snowball is okay. Being taken in by a homeless family who has lost everything is a less than ideal situation. I know many of the dogs now being rescued are being taken to shelters all over the country so they have a good chance of being adopted by a stable family.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts