Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
2,544 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Peechie is my first maltese and I am hooked on Malteses. Before I had Peechie I had a Yorkie CeCe for 14 1/2 yrs. who I loved dearly. Unfortunately I lost her to CHF. This time around I decided on a maltese. I've never seen a furbaby so smart.
She is also very sensitive. She could almost talk. Just curious if this is your first maltese or if you had them in the past??? Like to hear from you guys!!!

Peechie's Mom - Karen

·
Registered
6,614 Posts
This is my first Maltese as well!
I think Kodie has sooo much personality! Before Kodie I had a Beagle.

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
I had a maltese for 14 years that passed away about 3 years ago. Then I got Chloe who is almost 2 now. I thought maltese was the only breed I would ever own, I love the breed so much. However, my mom got me my yorkie Tinkerbell and now I am so glad I have both.

·
Registered
2,544 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Originally posted by chloeandj@Aug 17 2005, 12:54 PM
I had a maltese for 14 years that passed away about 3 years ago. Then I got Chloe who is almost 2 now. I thought maltese was the only breed I would ever own, I love the breed so much. However, my mom got me my yorkie Tinkerbell and now I am so glad I have both.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=91510
[/QUOTE]
Yorkies are also such great furbabies. It was a big decision for me to decide on a malt. I miss my yorkie!!!

Peechie's Mom - Karen

·
Premium Member
21,482 Posts
My first Maltese was Rosebud, who I got in January of 1990. She lived until June 2002. I got Kallie in 2002 and Catcher in 2004. I love the breed. I wouldn't want any other.....

I was totally overwhelmed when I got Rosebud... I wish I would have had SM back then!!

·
Premium Member
13,652 Posts
Scooby is my first pure bred Maltese, I have a Malt x Shih Tzu back home in Australia and he is a lovely little guy too. I have had Dobermans and a Rottie before and I have to say I have loved them all equally. The one thing though I have found with the Malt is they are very intelligent and absolute little bossy bums, but don't ya just love em? I know I do.

·
Registered
7,486 Posts
Sadie and Sassy are our first maltese. We have a Bichon Frise that we adore. I find the personalities to be almost the same. I do like the size and the hair better on S&S. Jolie is only 13 pounds but she looks like a german shepherd compared to the little girls. If I had one of the larger malts then I don't think I would find any difference between the Malt and the Bichon (other than the silky hair vs. the curly cottony hair on Jolie). We had a cocker spaniel for 14 years and I wouldn't have another - just our personal experience.

·
Registered
831 Posts
I remeber looking on the net to see what breed I wanted and came across pictures of maltepoos (sp?). when I saw the maltese pictures I realize that was the breed I want it.
Daezie is my first Maltese. She brought so much joy to my life that 6 months after I got Maya to keep her company.

·
Registered
7,840 Posts
Brinkley is our first malt.
Growing up we had a dalmation. Sweet dog, but wouldn't have another. I was also allergic to her.
My great-grandparents had a pug, but I was VERY allergic.
My husband's parents had a pug...again very allergic. That dog hated me. Would poop in the floor every time I came to visit.

When we got married, we got a Bassett, my husband wanted one. Sweet dog, but stupid and stubborn...wouldn't have another. Also very allergic.
The Bassett needed a friend, so I got a lab from the Rotary Auction in town...went to a great cause...she was the runt. She is THE BEST! Wish I could shrink her down and put malt hair on her, because I am again...very allergic!!!

Although I am hooked on Brinkley...and totally in love with what I know about Malts-I don't know that I wouldn't want to try another breed like a Shih-Tzu or Yorkie in the future...although I am sure I will have another malt first.

Unless they find some way to breed the malt and lab together....like the poodle and lab...we would have a maltador-or-labramalt! I just LOVE my lab's personality and temperament!!!

·
Registered
7,741 Posts
Parker is my first malt..i grew up with a cocker and a yorkie and loved that cocker so much (i really miss her) and the yorkie i love very much too! But I really like malts too. Heh i Love all fluffbutts! My mom will be getting another pup soon. I cant wait. It will either be a malt or a yorkie. Im so glad Park will have a younger friend to play with b/c the 7yr old yorkie cant keep up!

·
Registered
7,428 Posts
Lexi is my first maltese. She is 18 months old. I just got Nikki (my 2nd maltese) in June. She is now 19 weeks old.

Growing up I had a cocker spaniel puppy. Super mean. People would cross the street to get away from it. It got hit by a car and killed when it was 9 months old. I'm not sure if we would have kept it much longer because it kept biting people. My childhood friend has scars on her ankels for the puppy. About 5 years after the cocker spaniel we got Oreo, who is a black lab mix. She is the sweetest dog! She is now 14 years old. Not sure if she will make it much longer. She is starting to lose her hearing and sight. She is also having problems with her kidneys and heart. So far everything is under control and she is not in pain. But we all know that we will have to make that hard decision sometime in the next year or so.

·
Registered
496 Posts
Tuck is the first dog I ever owned. I was always more of a cat person. I had wanted a dog for a while, but my husband has a bad habit of telling me "no" the first hundred times I ask for something
Then I found a beautiful stray kitten about a year ago and just brought her home after he told me not to (I figured she was too cute and he wouldn't throw her out)
Well I named her Sophie. Then two months later my beautiful little girl turned into a boy, and apparently didn't like being called Sophie because he turned really mean (just to me, not Clay, go figure) and ran away.

So, I saved my money, found a good breeder and bought myself a puppy. I choose a Maltese because like tlunn I’m allergic to short hair breeds, but mostly because they are the cutest dogs ever.

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
Kylee is my first malt and my first dog. My family has a yellow lab, Cody. He is 16 and lives outside and we also had a dachsund/cocker spaniel mix when i was younger but it was realllllly mean and bit a lot of people and then one day it ran away. I live at home (with the fam) with my dog now but Kylee and I will be moving into our own apt. in a couple of days. Oh yeah, my brother has a pitbull, his name is Tyson. He is the sweetest dog ever. Oh and we have 2 cats!

·
Registered
1,597 Posts
Teddy is my first Maltese and I am so glad that I waited for him. I grew up with so many different dogs that and I was allergic to them all...and I never got attached because my parents always seemed to be changing them...never stayed for more than a year...sometimes less. It was sad.

Anyway, when my daughter was 6 my husband and I got a pup from the pound which they said had some terrier, chuaua (sp) Jessie was a sweatheart...He just passed away 2 years ago. After Bill (husband) died I moved into a condo so I knew Jessie would not like that...he loved the yard...so my aunt and uncle took him in and we visited all the time. We were devastated when he died...another connection to Bill gone.

Anyway, about Teddy. I will never have another kind of puppy...I have just a wonderful love affair going with this little boy. He is the little boy I never had. And I have no allergies from him. Even if I did I would love him just the same

1 - 20 of 29 Posts