Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is your maltese a climber? I swear Chloe likes to climb as high as she can. I find her on the kitchen table and counters. She naps regularly on this chair. She can not be contained by any baby gate, she can scale it in 2 seconds flat. She has the balance of a cat!

·
Premium Member
1,959 Posts
I thought I'd brought home a mountain goat not a puppy!!!! Ty's favorite spot is the back of our couch (see avatar!!). He's never so happy as when he is scaling your chest and trying to climb on your head!!!

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Chloe too. I keep my make up container on the back of the toilet sometimes and Chloe will jump on the toilet to get my eyeliner pencil. She likes to eat it. I have to watch her so closely!

·
Registered
4,035 Posts
Originally posted by chloeandj@Jul 7 2005, 04:31 PM
Chloe too. I keep my make up container on the back of the toilet sometimes and Chloe will jump on the toilet to get my eyeliner pencil. She likes to eat it. I have to watch her so closely!
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=79083
[/QUOTE]
Lol! That's where Tic steals all the tissues that he likes to shred so much

·
Registered
161 Posts
:D Yep...Maggie loves the back of our couch...I think she loves it when we are sitting there ourselves, the best, as she loves to get on the back and lay down on the couch, right against our shoulders....kinda hard to explain but we always say she thinks she's a cat..or perhaps a toy mountain goat!

Don't cha just luv em, though? :lol:

·
Premium Member
8,543 Posts
Yep, they like the top of the couches. We don't close the baby gate anymore when we are not home because he will climb it too. We even took a picture at my daughter's house when he climbed her baby gate.

·
Registered
486 Posts
Prissy doesnt climb or jump. Shiner on the other hand is nuts. He doesnt climb to baby gate he just leaps over it like its nothing. Shiner also likes to sit on backes of chairs. we had a chihuahua that did this as well. If I remember right it is a way of showing domance to be up high. I dont know if its true but it matches with the personality of our dogs. just a thought

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
Beastie's jumps are worthy of an Olympic gold (while mommy worries about his little knees). As for climbing, he tells me he has hired a sherpa and plans for Mt. Everest next. He's bored already with the sofa back.

·
Premium Member
8,543 Posts
I think they love the back of the chairs and couches because they are so low to the ground and when they are up there they have a better view of what's going on around them.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Deni has always liked to climb onto the top of the back of the sofa, she now climbs across the corner table to the loveseat. She's less than 6" tall at the shoulders so she uses stairs to climb on/off the sofa and bed. Today she's discovered that she can hoist herself onto the door of the dishwasher if it's left down. I'm gonna have to take some pics of that the next time she does it!! She also climbs across the end table to get to the Kleenex box to shred the tissues to pieces and leave those tissue shreds as a gift to mommy all over the living room!!

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Originally posted by sassy14830@Jul 7 2005, 09:43 PM
Prissy doesnt climb or jump. Shiner on the other hand is nuts. He doesnt climb to baby gate he just leaps over it like its nothing. Shiner also likes to sit on backes of chairs. we had a chihuahua that did this as well. If I remember right it is a way of showing domance to be up high. I dont know if its true but it matches with the personality of our dogs. just a thought
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=79242
[/QUOTE]

Yes! Chloe is leader amongst the other dogs in our house. Not in a mean way, but she never lets anyone get ahead of her when they are all running to the house from outside and she can go up and take anyone's bone or treat without any hassle. She has put the rules down and they follow. I don't know how she does it???

1 - 18 of 18 Posts