Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

is yours crazy about........what happens if

2K views 15 replies 10 participants last post by  joe 
#1 ·
Benji only tries to get to tissues and cottom balls all the time he even got some and swallow it what next are those things very harmfull for them to digest?

#5 ·
Oh, yeah! Pico makes the rounds of our small trash cans in bedroom and bath looking for tissues, discarded nylons or cotton cosmetic pads. He also loves dental floss and those tiny dental brushes.....he took the one my husband was using and had set down and was happily cleaning his teeth in his bed :lol:

I purchased some of those oriental wooden stands that the decorative planters sit on and raised the height of our trash cans but he still makes the rounds just in case the trash is near enough to the edge that he can pluck it out without having to lean into it.

I am much more careful now with those items. I will walk all the way into the kitchen most times now to dispose of them in the large can he can get into.

#6 ·
Tiki also scopes out all the trash cans, he won't stick his nose in, but if something is hanging over the edge and is visible he goes for it.

The funniest thing he does happens when I open the mail, read a magazine, or go to the bathroom with the paper. He will start with him staring at me wagging his tail, then he will huff and huff with his front legs down and his fanny up in the air, finally if I don't give in he will bark and run in circles. All of this for an envelope, piece of paper or page from a magazine. It is just toooooo funny. He will grab it and run around the room showing it off and then put his feet on it and tear it into shreds.....shaking his head every few bits to show that paper he means business. He won't eat it but he will make the smallest pieces possible. He also likes the cardboard roll from the TP, paper towels or wrapping paper.

I think this all started because when we got him the breeder suggested giving him heavy toilet paper rolls to chew on rather than raw hide.

Judi

#8 ·
Oh, I forgot about napkins. We had a dinner party not long ago with some people who had never had dinner at our house. We are all sitting in the dining room having a nice meal when the lady sais "hey, what was that?". Sure enough Tiki had seen the napkin on her lap, snuck up, grabbed it and ran into the living room to shake it and shred it to pieces
. We all burst out laughing.... it was way to cute. Now we always remember to warn our guests that our dog does not beg at the table, but he is a napkin theif!

Judi

#16 ·
Sampson loves toilet paper, tissues and q-tips, Maggie seems like she could care less but she'll jump right in if Sampson "finds" some :D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.