231 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
4 small baby pups
Dog
Maltese Mix

Size: Small
Sex: Male
I.D: CL-M

Notes: CALL MELINDA AT (304) 552-6022 AFTER 7PM, PLEASE or E-mail Canterbury Tails. These small maltese mixes are 5 weeks old and almost ready to go to a forever home. please contact Melinda or Canterbury Tails for more info. Updated 10/5/04

Found it at Petfinder.com

if they are only 5 weeks!!!!

·
Registered
493 Posts
I got Abby at 6 1/2 weeks old - but there was a reason. She wasn't meant to go for a while longer (10-12 weeks) and the breeder had a "family issue" and had to leave for Sydney ASAP.... with a lot of advice, regular check-ups and getting to thet vet ASAP, she has turned out just fine..

I dont' know why someone would just get rid of pups at that age if they could look after them longer... but I guess - maybe they are thinking that if they have to take care of them longer, then they have to pay for the shots etc. As far as I am concerned, if you want puppies, then you have to accept that responsibility - shots and check-ups, worming etc and all in the package! Abby had one lot of shots and stuff when I got her. The breeder has also gotten her registered etc.. papers should be here soon!!! YAY!!

·
Registered
493 Posts
But I agree... maybe it is just so she can screen potential "parents" and find the best people!!

I know that the original advice from my breeder was, after talking etc, yes you can take her.... when she is ready (originally 12 weeks until the unfortunate dramas)

·
Registered
7,428 Posts
When I was looking for a puppy I came across a breeder that let their puppies go at 6 weeks. I was shocked. I told this to the breeder I ended getting Lexi from and she said that a lot of breeders don't want the expense of the shots you start giving them at that age so they let them go then. Basically they are in it to make money and don't want to spend anymore then they have to.

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
Originally posted by Lexi's Mom@Oct 6 2004, 07:39 AM
When I was looking for a puppy I came across a breeder that let their puppies go at 6 weeks.  I was shocked.  I told this to the breeder I ended getting Lexi from and she said that a lot of breeders don't want the expense of the shots you start giving them at that age so they let them go then.  Basically they are in it to make money and don't want to spend anymore then they have to.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=11266
[/QUOTE]

Geez that is terrible. Those type of 'breeders' should not be able to breed. They are definantely in it for the wrong reasons.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts