Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,225 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
You can make someone very happy. At the dog show in Topeka Kansas, I talked to a friend of mine who lives in MO. She grooms a Maltese for a woman and she has a friend who is mentally challenged that can't afford to buy a "real" Maltese. She called me about him on Saturday and then he called me. He wanted an older girl at first but after talking to him one of my puppies just jumped into my head. I have a few who aren't registered so I thought that Dennis wouldn't mind and asked him and he didn't care as long as it was a "Maltese". I told him as soon as I got his AKC registration I would get it to him so he could register "King Arthur". It just made me feel so good to be able to give Dennis something that he will cherish and take good care of. He has already called tonight to tell me how he is. He and Arthur really hit it right off. Here is a picture of him with his friend and Arthur.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,724 Posts
Oh. My. Goodness. That is just about the sweetest thing ever. :D I'm just sitting here smiling thinking about how happy you made him. Bless your heart! Thank you for brightening his life with your kindness!

·
Membership Suspended
2,839 Posts
That is sooo cool of you to do that!:supacool: Pet therapy is great, and I'm sure he will be a wonderful Daddy.

·
Premium Member
24,178 Posts
Tina you made my day, and you made Dennis have a reason to smile, life is tough and King Arthur is going to bring him many wonderful years of love and laughter. I wish more people would have kind giving hearts like you.

·
Registered
2,327 Posts
Tina, that just made my week. You have such a huge kind heart. Bless you for making someone special so very happy.

·
Premium Member
4,623 Posts
What a wonderful gift! I can only imagine what a pup will mean to this person. It will touch his life in the best possible way. Hugs to you Tina!!

·
Registered
7,915 Posts
Oh Tina, what a special blessing you have done. That is something to cherish. Now that is what it's all about :). How special!!!

·
Premium Member
Sandi-- w/Kitzel (Kitzi) & Lisel (Lisi)
17,700 Posts
You personify this poem:

We cannot know the grief
That men may borrow;
We cannot see the souls
Storm-swept by sorrow;
But love can shine upon the way
Today, tomorrow;
Let us be kind.

Upon the wheel of pain so may weary lives are broken,
So may our love with tender words be spoken.
Let us be kind.

(L.B. Cowman)

·
Registered
3,790 Posts
What a wonderful thing to do! I know how much joy a little maltese can bring to someone who is mentally challenged as Aolani brightens my brother's day each time he sees him. I'm sure Dennis will be a wonderfrul daddy to King Arthur. It's really great to see someone do something really nice for those that often get taken advantage of (referring to some of my bro's experiences). Thank you for sharing this wonderful story.

·
Premium Member
20,059 Posts
What a kind and wonderful thing to do for someone. I bet it did give you a great feeling - it should, you deserve it.

·
Registered
2,331 Posts
Tina, you are such a thoughtful and giving person. The joy you brought him is unspeakable. It does make you feel good when you can help others without thinking of yourself.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts