Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
7,428 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, it snowed last night. This was Lexi's first time seeing snow. It was so cute! She loved it. Here are some pictures: First Time Seeing Snow

When we came in she had little balls of snow frozen to her legs. I ended up having to melt them with the hair dryer.

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
Awe she looks so cute in her little coat! She looks like she had a ball.
You guys got alot of snow, we just bearly got a dusting. I couldn't take Fantasia out in it though because I was sick and didn't want to get any worse before we leave Wed night for NC!
I was going to take her for a long walk today while the apartment complex shampoos the carpets but it's way too cold and I just can't afford to get any worse than I already am. He's just going to have to figure out how to shampoo around us lol.
By the way, that hair dryer is a great trick to get those snow balls off your furbaby. Fantasia hates the hair dryer though so I use a towel and warm water.

·
Registered
6,614 Posts
Awww.. she so cute!
You dont use little boots? Does she get frost bite at all? BTW.. love the coat too!

·
Registered
7,428 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
No she was fine. We were only out for 30 minutes total. We went inside for a little bit after about 10 minutes and then came back outside.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I bought Bulilit a coat at petsmart the otherday. I put it on him there to see the fit and he seemed to like it. Well, the temp got down into the teens and Bulilit wanted out. So I'm thinking it's a good time to try out the new coat. I put it on him and he barks (I think he's happy) and we go to the door. He won't budge ! Now what? I pick him up and place him outside the door... He just stands there. I move away from the house to see if he'll follow (like usual)...He's not moving, but he is barking (a LOT). I open the door and he goes back inside and rubs on the couch to get the coat off, so I take it off. I sit back down and he jumps up into my face and starts kissing (a sign, that I've finally learned, that he needs out) So again I get the coat, but this time he's having none of that (he ran away to Ling). Ling says that he just needs his mommy to put on his coat so she puts the coat on him. Again, He's not moving. So I force him out with the coat on (remember it's very cold...in the teens with a wind chill factor of -9 degrees) I take him to one of his favorite spots (I had to carry him) thinking he'll get used to the coat and just do his business. Not Happening....When I put him down, he runs to the door and barks to be let in (and naturally Ling opens the door and lets him in. So now the coat comes off again and before I can get my coat off and sit down, he's at the door barking (Loudly) so Out we go, without the coat and he happily goes potty all over the yard (he really had to go). He just doesn't like the coat so I wasted $25.00. :excl: Should have just bought him a new toy.

·
Registered
7,840 Posts
Originally posted by Lexi's Mom@Dec 21 2004, 09:39 AM
Well, it snowed last night.  This was Lexi's first time seeing snow.  It was so cute!  She loved it.  Here are some pictures: First Time Seeing Snow

When we came in she had little balls of snow frozen to her legs.  I ended up having to melt them with the hair dryer.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=24636
[/QUOTE]

SOOOO cute! What an adorable coat!!! We are supposed to get some snow sometime between tonight and Thursday! But we don't have a cute coat like that
. Oh well, I am a snow/cold woosy anyway..I won't stay out that long...cute pics though!!!!

Originally posted by Bulilitsdad@Dec 21 2004, 12:47 PM
I bought Bulilit a coat at petsmart the otherday.  I put it on him there to see the fit and he seemed to like it.  Well, the temp got down into the teens and Bulilit wanted out.  So I'm thinking it's a good time to try out the new coat.  I put it on him and he barks (I think he's happy) and we go to the door.  He won't budge  ! Now what?  I pick him up and place him outside the door... He just stands there.  I move away from the house to see if he'll follow (like usual)...He's not moving, but he is barking (a LOT).  I open the door and he goes back inside and rubs on the couch to get the coat off, so I take it off.  I sit back down and he jumps up into my face and starts kissing (a sign, that I've finally learned, that he needs out) So again I get the coat, but this time he's having none of that (he ran away to Ling).  Ling says that he just needs his mommy to put on his coat so she puts the coat on him.  Again, He's not moving.  So I force him out with the coat on (remember it's very cold...in the teens with a wind chill factor of -9 degrees) I take him to one of his favorite spots (I had to carry him) thinking he'll get used to the coat and just do his business.  Not Happening....When I put him down, he runs to the door and barks to be let in (and naturally Ling opens the door and lets him in.  So now the coat comes off again and before I can get my coat off and sit down, he's at the door barking (Loudly) so Out we go, without the coat and he happily goes potty all over the yard (he really had to go).  He just doesn't like the coat  so I wasted $25.00.  :excl:  Should have just bought him a new toy. 

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=24672
[/QUOTE]

That is hilarious!!! I was tired just reading it
...I felt his frustration with the coat, and your frustration with him...ha ha...

·
Registered
2,863 Posts
lexi is ADORABLE!!!!!!

i have no idea how my dogs would do in snow. im hoping to go to Frazier park (like 45min north...its snowing there) to see how they do.

and about bulilit not likign the coat...the same thing happened when we put the e-collar on gruffi when he got neutered. he was soo scared of it he would walk backwards into a corner and just shake. LOL. i felt so bad for him. so i put a leash on him (use a harness) and just make him walk outside. just keep tugging and walking. he'll realize the coat wont hurt him! lol.

doggies are soo cute!!

·
Registered
1,812 Posts
Originally posted by Bulilitsdad@Dec 21 2004, 11:47 AM
I bought Bulilit a coat at petsmart the otherday.  I put it on him there to see the fit and he seemed to like it.  Well, the temp got down into the teens and Bulilit wanted out.  So I'm thinking it's a good time to try out the new coat.  I put it on him and he barks (I think he's happy) and we go to the door.  He won't budge  ! Now what?  I pick him up and place him outside the door... He just stands there.  I move away from the house to see if he'll follow (like usual)...He's not moving, but he is barking (a LOT).  I open the door and he goes back inside and rubs on the couch to get the coat off, so I take it off.  I sit back down and he jumps up into my face and starts kissing (a sign, that I've finally learned, that he needs out) So again I get the coat, but this time he's having none of that (he ran away to Ling).  Ling says that he just needs his mommy to put on his coat so she puts the coat on him.  Again, He's not moving.  So I force him out with the coat on (remember it's very cold...in the teens with a wind chill factor of -9 degrees) I take him to one of his favorite spots (I had to carry him) thinking he'll get used to the coat and just do his business.  Not Happening....When I put him down, he runs to the door and barks to be let in (and naturally Ling opens the door and lets him in.  So now the coat comes off again and before I can get my coat off and sit down, he's at the door barking (Loudly) so Out we go, without the coat and he happily goes potty all over the yard (he really had to go).  He just doesn't like the coat  so I wasted $25.00.  :excl:  Should have just bought him a new toy. 

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=24672
[/QUOTE]

Too funny! Tuffy isn't big on "walking" when he is in clothes.. not that it's stopped me from dressing him.

·
Registered
1,812 Posts
Originally posted by DMZ dogs@Dec 21 2004, 09:41 PM
If I put one of those four-legged outfits on Cookie, she thinks that she is paralyzed.  Even if she is just wearing a two-legged sweater, she is not nearly as active as when she's in the nude.  I love this.  I can keep her nice and calm whenever that is needed by simply dressing her.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=24837
[/QUOTE]
I thought I was the only one who used clothing for a nefarious purpose! I'll throw on a bandana or short sweater on Tuffy to get him to sit so I can groom him!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts