Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Jolie has started to relax a bit too much when she gets happy to see us.... She has no idea she is peeing on her self, she even rolls over and conitues to pee
, so I have to try and keep her on her back legs so she dosen't need a shower everytime we come home. Anyone know why this would start now?

·
Registered
4,035 Posts
Peanut had a stage where he would pee all over my sister whenever she came home...all I was thinking was 'at least it's not on me'
but seriously, K/C's mom and Lady's mom recommended that I do a google search for "submissive behaviour". What my sister did was ignore Peanut when she came home for like 5 minutes and then she decided when she would greet Peanut. It worked soooo well and within a week the happy pee stopped, and we haven't had a problem since.

One thing I read was that the dogs don't even know that they are peeing when this happens.

·
Registered
2,863 Posts
ignore her when you get home. and just walk calmly with no eye contact, and just take her out to the backyard to pee. or near wee wee pads.

you're just not gonna be able to get her excited till she already potties in front of you.

she'll outgrow it...thats what happened to gruffi.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.