Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
942 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This site is so much fun to come to...it is very addicting.

I have learned so much and I am happy I can come here and post in a friendly environment.

~Elegant

·
Registered
2,863 Posts
tell me about it! im always refreshing every 2 minutes!!!

·
Registered
7,428 Posts
I am so addicted to this website. I think I check it 3-4 times a day. I love that the posts get posted right away. It drives me nuts on the other site that it could be hours before the posts are posted.

·
Registered
323 Posts
Lexis mom, I loved the photo album it is great, I don't think there is a Malt out there that isn't adorable, and yours is absolutely adorable....and very well loved

·
Registered
7,428 Posts
Thanks! I have only had Lexi for almost 4 months but it is hard to remember what life was like BL (Before Lexi :lol: ). She is absolutely spoiled rotten. When we go to visit my parents (3 hrs away), who I am very close with, my mom has to say hi to Lexi as soon as she gets out of the car. Before she even says hi to me. :lol:

I am so glad I got my digital camera. I love taking pictures of her. It is so nice to take as many pictures as I want and not be wasting film. The other day I must have take at least 50 pictures of Lexi and her friend Ellie. I think only 10 of them turned out. I had a lot of butt shots, blurred pictures, and so on. We had wanted to get pictures of them with there other friend, Marvin, but I was having enough problems getting pictures of 2 that I could not imagine trying to take pictures of 3.

·
Registered
2,863 Posts
totally try teaching them to sit stay. once all three know how to do it, then they can do it together.

im thinking about just getting a nice 35 mm camera because i know what you mean about the blurry shots. at least with a regular camera, you can get one with a fast shutter speed. then if their running--i can get a shot thats not blurry. it just sucks that you have to go ALL THE WAY to a store that develops film...it seems like a pain in the butt.

i took a photo class at COC (my junior college), my teacher told me that for under $1000 (well, i think she might've said under $500) i could set up my own darkroom and all that stuff. like if i bought used materials and stuff.

but yeah, trust me, getting all three to sit stay for a few pics isnt hard. just a little time consuming. and use lots of treats at first. lol!

·
Registered
7,428 Posts
Right now Lexi will only sit for about 5 seconds and that is only if she knows you have a treat. lol! We are starting a Basic Training, level 2 obedience class on August 16. When I told my neighbor about it he asked if it was doggy boot camp. :lol: I am planning on doing 1 more class after this one. We will have to see if it actually works out that way.

·
Registered
2,863 Posts
5 seconds, cool!
i start school august 16th also!! :D i feel like im in doggy boot camp. lol. the stuff we're doing seems so hardcore. and we train every morning and every afternoon. :wacko: its exhuasting!

·
Registered
7,428 Posts
I was going to take a couple of months off and work on the training myself. Yeah right! All we seem to work on is the sit, down and stand. And that is only maybe once or twice a week. I keep forgetting to work on the walking nice on the leash and come. When we are in class I seem to practise with her more.

·
Registered
7,428 Posts
Technically me and Best Buy's credit card company own my camera. Best Buy has 0% financing on the digital cameras for 12 months. Plus the day you sign up you get the 0% on your other purchases. So I bought a $300 camera plus the card and case. It came to around $450 by the time I got done. I got my camera in March before I got Lexi. So I have until next March to pay it off. I have been paying $50 each month. It should be paid for by Dec.

·
Registered
2,863 Posts
i saw some digital cameras on www.overstock.com they might not be as good quality as a 35 mm, but a digital camera under $100 isnt bad. i dont know the brand though. you can get an early christmas present. :D

·
Registered
2,863 Posts
Oh yeah, i totally forgot about that! we used that deal to pay for a washer and dryer (well, for part of it). my limit was $500. remember to put totall HOUSEHOLD income. lol. i should've done that.

·
Registered
323 Posts
Dr Cathy and Lexi's mom I like how your pictures that come up now have a slide show of your dogs, it is great! Dr Cathy the one that is sleeping in yours-which one is it? They are all so adorable......

·
Registered
2,863 Posts
2happymalts, the one sleeping is sprite, it was taken a year ago. so sprite was a year old in that pic. she looks like a little baby, huh! lol.
and that was before homecooked food, so thats why she has all that staining. it used to get really bad.

sprite also has an overbite, theres this really cute pic of her sleeping (well, theres a bunch of pics like that) and she has her little teeth sticking out.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts