Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
5,936 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Pipper is at the vet for his dental today. He was so scared in the car (as you can see in the pics). He always knows when something is up. Asking for prayers that everything goes smoothly. I want this day to hurry up and be over.

·
Premium Member
17,550 Posts
Holding you both in my heart & prayers today, Kathy! We are sitting on the bench beside you! Do you feel us here? Please let us know when he is home safely!

Reactions: pippersmom

·
Registered
5,936 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Holding you both in my heart & prayers today, Kathy! We are sitting on the bench beside you! Do you feel us here? Please let us know when he is home safely! View attachment 275065
Thanks Sandi and yes I do feel you beside me. Everyone here knows the worry we all go through with these procedures.
Sending prayers to you for Lisi's dental on Friday. Praying it all goes smoothly for her.

·
Registered
5,936 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I keep thinking I'm hearing him. When I was in the bathroom i thought i could hear him outside the door and just a second ago I could hear his little yelps he makes when he's waiting for food.

·
Super Moderator
9,717 Posts
He will be home before you know it. Hope all goes well today,

·
Registered
5,936 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm getting so frustrated. They had an emergency surgery to do before Pipper's dental so when I hadn't heard from them by 11:45 they said they had just sedated him and were going to do the dental xrays and would call me to let me know if he would need any extractions before they began. That was AN HOUR AGO and I still haven't heard from them. I don't have a lot of patience when I am waiting and then I start thinking all kinds of thoughts. Grrrrrrrrr I just want him home and I don't even think they have started yet. ;)

·
Registered
5,936 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Just heard from vet and he's going to need 4 extractions. It's teeth that were too crowded together and have some dental disease around them. She said these teeth were probably causing him some discomfort. I'm so glad I scheduled an appointment but feel so bad for my poor boy.

·
Registered
5,936 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
He's AWAKE!!!!!!! He can come home at 4:45 which is 1 1/2 hrs from now. Yay, I can't wait to see my boy. His pre -anesthia bloodwork was absolutely perfect too. Oh I am soooo happy now that its all over.

·
Super Moderator
9,717 Posts
Great news. I am glad he will be home soon.

·
Super Moderator
9,717 Posts
awwww!!!

·
Premium Member
17,550 Posts
Welcome Home Pipper! I know you & Mom will sleep well tonight! Thank you God that all went well.

·
Registered
5,936 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
I can tell he's uncomfortable and I feel terrible for him. My poor boy!
Didn't stop him from eating though. ;)
Not sure why he has such a dirty face. It didn't look like that when I took him there.

Ok now I just had a bit of a cry. He looks so sad and keeps looking at me with big sad eyes and he's whimpering and I feel like its my fault. I took him to the vet for a dental.

Hmmmm ok now he's out in the kitchen sniffing all over hoping that he might find a tiny dropped crumb somewhere . Thats a good sign that maybe he's not as uncomfortable as I'm thinking he is. He is also holding his tail curled up and I think if he was hurting a lot his tail would be hanging down.
I still feel so bad though for leaving him at the vet.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Great job Pipper!!! Don’t worry the whimpering is sometimes from the anesthesia, should be out of him by tomorrow. So Glad he is home!!! Dee 🐾💞

·
Registered
3,709 Posts
Great news that everything went so well for Pipper and that he actually was so hungry. Just wondering whether or not the Vet sent home some antibiotics or pain meds for him? I am sure that after a good night's rest that Pipper will be feeling much better tomorrow.

·
Registered
5,936 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Great news that everything went so well for Pipper and that he actually was so hungry. Just wondering whether or not the Vet sent home some antibiotics or pain meds for him? I am sure that after a good night's rest that Pipper will be feeling much better tomorrow.
Yes he's on antibiotic, metacam and gabapentin

·
Premium Member
10,194 Posts
Kathy, I meant to mention during our Facebook posts back and forth ... that Pipper might have little “boogies” in the corner of his eyes ... often near the nose area. That often happens to Snowball if he has been stressed. I just take a Q-tip and gently remove the boogey from his eye. (there is usually just one in each eye) Removing them helps keep the eyes tear stain free.

After Snowball had his tooth extractions he recovered almost over night. The gabapentin should help Pipper sleep well tonight. Wishing you both sweet dreams and a restful sleep tonight. ❤

·
Registered
5,936 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Kathy, I meant to mention during our Facebook posts back and forth ... that Pipper might have little “boogies” in the corner of his eyes ... often near the nose area. That often happens to Snowball if he has been stressed. I just take a Q-tip and gently remove the boogey from his eye. (there is usually just one in each eye) Removing them helps keep the eyes tear stain free.

After Snowball had his tooth extractions he recovered almost over night. The gabapentin should help Pipper sleep well tonight. Wishing you both sweet dreams and a restful sleep tonight. ❤
I figured out that I think the dirty face is from the stuff they put on his leg around the shaved area where the IV was. He was licking the IV area and I think the colour came off on his face. I won't want to wash his face for a few days until I can be sure I won't hurt him. I am just soooooo happy its all over with but I feel so bad that the vet said the teeth must have been causing him some discomfort but dogs just don't show it. I made the appointment a few months ago when I noticed a bit of tartar but it took this long to get in. Breaks my heart thinking of him hurting.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts