Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good evening everyone. Well they are saying that we are going to getsnow, a lot of snow. :new_Eyecrazy: I hate snow!!!!!! So tomorrow I'm going to make a big pot of beef stew and do a few things that need doing being that I have to stay home anyway.
How's the weather where you all live. It's times like this that I'm sooooooo glade that JASMINE is pad trained.

BETTY

·
Registered
7,741 Posts
its was a beautiful day here in Baton Rouge, Louisiana with a high of 72, and a low of 58. it's sad i spent most of it in a class room. will be outside tonight though. my class is having a big party (A Horay we r going to clinics to be little Veterinarians party, LOL) it is a cookout outside, so i'm glad the weather is nice. kinda silly to have the party though b/c we still have 2 weeks left of classes but next weekend is the weekend before finals and the next is Mardi Gras weekend!...Cant take Mardi Gras away from us LOL! well n e ways enough about me how is everyone else's weather?

·
Registered
3,615 Posts
We're supposed to get 20" here at the Jersey Shore. Either we get socked or we get nothing...now I'm going to have to figure out how to potty in that much snow! Poor thing...I might just let her have accidents until it's cleared. What does everyone else do about that much snow and potty time?

·
Registered
7,486 Posts
Our weather is South Miss is basically the same as LadyM's. It was a glorious day. We're expecting lower temps by Sunday, though. UGH

·
Premium Member
21,482 Posts
Originally posted by saltymalty@Jan 21 2005, 10:42 PM
We're supposed to get 20" here at the Jersey Shore.  Either we get socked or we get nothing...now I'm going to have to figure out how to potty in that much snow!  Poor thing...I might just let her have accidents until it's cleared.  What does everyone else do about that much snow and potty time?
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=30794
[/QUOTE]

Hi, If I were you I'd get some potty pads. At potty time, put her on the pad and use your potty word. I think she'll "go". The smell of the potty pad should encourage her to go. Nasty weather is one reason I really love the inside pottying. When they have to go, they just go running in to the laundry room and I'm not involved... today it is freezing cold and rainy here and I'm so glad they (and I) don't have to go out in this mess.

·
Registered
2,836 Posts
Originally posted by saltymalty@Jan 21 2005, 09:42 PM
We're supposed to get 20" here at the Jersey Shore.  Either we get socked or we get nothing...now I'm going to have to figure out how to potty in that much snow!  Poor thing...I might just let her have accidents until it's cleared.  What does everyone else do about that much snow and potty time?
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=30794
[/QUOTE]

We had over 2feet of snow for Christmas. I hated going out in it but honestly Oliver loved it. I made sure I shoveled a path of sorts and he figured out that he could go anywhere b/c it all looked the same to him!
The best place that he found was...in the road(of course he's on a leash)..but no one was driving and if/when the plows come through, that was the lowest place that had the best access.

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
Snowing here too! Lots and lots of the fluffy, white stuff. Lacey hasn't been outside since November. Thank goodness for piddle pads. I tell Lacey that if she went outside we would lose her...she's white, the snow is white.

·
Registered
939 Posts
Originally posted by Laceys mom@Jan 22 2005, 05:51 PM
Snowing here too!  Lots and lots of the fluffy, white stuff.  Lacey hasn't been outside since November.  Thank goodness for piddle pads.  I tell Lacey that if she went outside we would lose her...she's white, the snow is white.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=30860
[/QUOTE]
UGH ! here on long island new york we already have 6 to 9 inches i think it looks prettty but when hubby retires off the force i want to go somewhere warm

·
Registered
660 Posts
Originally posted by RAZMO@Jan 21 2005, 07:32 PM
Good evening everyone. Well they are saying that we are going to getsnow, a lot of snow. :new_Eyecrazy: I hate snow!!!!!! So tomorrow I'm going to make a big pot of beef stew and do a few things that need doing being that I have to stay home anyway. 
  How's the weather where you all live. It's times like this that I'm sooooooo glade that JASMINE is pad trained.

BETTY
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=30763
[/QUOTE]

The snow is bigger then Flurry but it did not stop him from venturing out the doggie door and running around the yard like a nut! He loves the snow he came in with little snowballs all over his fur. He loves to run in snowflakes footprints too. NY has lots of Snow! I am ready for spring!

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
Sylphide went snow swimming and loved it! She's wee wee pad trained and doesn't have to go out, but is her feelings get very hurt if Ozzy gets to go out without her. So we had a VERY quick walk earlier, and Sylphide swam all the way...the snow was high then, I'm sure it's much higher now! Both Sylphide and Ozzy just love the snow, they go crazy for it.

·
Registered
478 Posts
Originally posted by LadyMontava@Jan 21 2005, 08:37 PM
its was a beautiful day here in Baton Rouge, Louisiana with a high of 72, and a low of 58.  <div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=30765
[/QUOTE]

Listen at LadyMontave brag.. you outta be ashamed of yourself!!!!

I live in South Central Kentucky and we have a famous slogan during this time of year.... too much cold and not enough snow.

It always seems to miss us.

a month ago we were expecting anywhere from 4-6 inches of snow- we got a half an inch and gone the next day. I hate that. If it is going to mess the roads up, then it needs to snow waist high or not snow at all.

Here, the current temperature is about 15 degrees with a wind chill of 0 (72 degrees in doors!!) and the ground is covered with just a dusting of snow. The roads were slightly covered last night, but this morning when I came into work at 4:30AM the roads were, for the most part, fine.

Sure wish the snow in NY and MA would turn around and head just over my head!!!

Yall have a great day!

Scott

·
Registered
7,840 Posts
Originally posted by scottchelf+Jan 23 2005, 07:54 AM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-LadyMontava
@Jan 21 2005, 08:37 PM
its was a beautiful day here in Baton Rouge, Louisiana with a high of 72, and a low of 58.  <div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=30765
Listen at LadyMontave brag.. you outta be ashamed of yourself!!!!

I live in South Central Kentucky and we have a famous slogan during this time of year.... too much cold and not enough snow.

It always seems to miss us.

Scott
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=30894
[/B][/QUOTE]

Sounds like northwest Tennessee too...the snow always goes to the eastern part of the state. We got some nasty sleet and snow the week before Christmas that shut us down for several days, but it wasn't even fun snow because of the sleet and ice underneath it... -_- My kids are hoping for a really good fluffy snow and a few days out of school...
I always say when it is this cold (18 degrees with a windchill of 6!) that it is just not fair to not have snow to go with it! Plus, today is going to be deceiving because the sun is shining, so it looks much warmer than it actually is.

·
Registered
219 Posts
It's 9am Sunday-we have 16-17 inches already....

My Dobe went out and it hit his belly, he leaped in the air and rushed in....

I hope he can hold it.....

1 - 16 of 16 Posts