Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
522 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm sick in my stomach. I scared to death. My poor Izzy goes tomorrow morning for her spay. I've tried to remember everything that all the prior brave little ones went through. Izzy's food and drink has been removed from her so it's starting to feel real to me. She's getting pre-surgery blood workup, spayed, baby teeth removed and microchiped. She has no idea what is in store. I've insisted my DH take her to the vets so I can rush in at 5:00 p.m. to save her and rush her back home. Aren't I terrible?

Please keep us in your thoughts and prayers Monday.

·
Registered
4,035 Posts
Good luck lil Izzy!!! Don't worry linda, she'll be okay!
I know what you mean about wanting to 'rescue' her. I always end up being the bad guy
The boys and I are hoping for a quick recovery! Big hugs for Izzy!!!!

·
Registered
3,615 Posts
I am sure that little Izzy will be back to her usual self in a few days. Best wishes for a speedy recovery. I hope all went well.

·
Registered
841 Posts
Izzy will be home before you know it Summer had all those teeth 4 some deep
chip and herina fixed with in a week she was back to normal kinda like little kids the bounce right back
We'll be thinking about you

·
Registered
4,856 Posts
Good Luck little Izzy...she'll be up and running in no time!

·
Registered
3,287 Posts
I think its harder on us than our babies for things such as this! Dont worry,she will be back to her ole self in no time! Sending prayers & hugs to you and Izzy!

·
Registered
522 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well, she's there.
They said to call them around 3:00 p.m. I told them I didn't think so. I'll be calling around 11:00 and around 12:00 and around 1:00. Poor little thing, she's never been away from me and she's probably frightened.

·
Registered
1,597 Posts
My hand is reaching out and holding.
My prayers are with you and your little Izzy...she will be great once this is all over....and Mom will be able to relax too.

Susan

·
Registered
195 Posts
Izzy will do fine...don't fret too much. Deni has bounced back really well since her spay on Friday. She was about 90% on Saturday and is now 110%, running around harassing Ally and vice versa. It would've been nice if the vet would have called you after she gets/got out of surgery just to let you know how things went. Our vet has done that with all our furkids...

Speedy recovery, Izzy!!

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
Originally posted by 20202@Jun 13 2005, 10:49 AM
Well, she's there. 
  They said to call them around 3:00 p.m.  I told them I didn't think so.  I'll be calling around 11:00 and around 12:00 and around 1:00.  Poor little thing, she's never been away from me and she's probably frightened. 

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=72099
[/QUOTE]

Waaaahhh! One advantage of the anasthesia is that it makes them groggy, so once she's in surgery she won't notice her surroundings and won't be frightened. She'll have just started becoming alert by the time you pick her up.

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
How is Izzy? Since I am not sure what part of country you guys live in, I don't know what time it is for you - but is she home already? I hope she is doing well.

·
Registered
522 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
She's home.
We went to pick her up at 3 p.m. I wasn't expecting to get her that early but I was delighted. She had 10 baby teeth pulled. That seems like almost too much at one time. The vet said her adult teeth were pushing around all 10 of the baby teeth and she felt they needed to come out. The vet said that contributed to Izzy's bad breath.

DH or I have held Izzy since she came home. She sleeps on and off but doesn't seem to be in any pain. I'm wondering if I should give her pain meds if she doesn't seem to be in pain. I remember how the meds made some of the other furbabies sicker than the surgery. Izzy has eaten a bowl of crushed ice chips. She peed a lot on her pee pad. She ate a Tablespoon of baby Garden Variety Vegetables and I think she'd have eaten more if I allowed but the vet said to not feed her tonight but she was clearly hungry. She's walking around, occasionally trying to bite at the incision but the onesie is keeping her from doing that.

Am I forgetting anything? Should I be doing anything else? Advice? Oh, she weighs 4.3 lbs at 6 months old.

·
Registered
4,035 Posts
Whew!!! Yay Izzy!!! Sounds good to me! She must be so tiny, my Tic is 5.2 at 4 months
My little TANK! Peanut had 11 teeth pulled and after that he was like a whole new dog! I couldn't even comprehend the pain he must have had from all the teeth pushing around

Just keep her from being too active. no jumping on the desk tonight
Glad all is well and we're sending big hugs to brave lil Izzy
Hope her recovery is a speedy one

1 - 20 of 40 Posts