Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
11,074 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
...and wanted to let you all know what I've been doing to keep so busy I can't even keep up with my SM family.

This past month I've been renovating the new store, packing up the old store, and moving! Friday was my first official day of being open in the new store so..... I'm back!!

Here are some pics to show you what I've done. Hope you enjoy them cuz there are TONS! :whistle:

This is one view of the store before I did anything to it. Pretty dark.

The ceilings are so high that I was even at times on a ladder on TOP of the scaffolding! They are the original gorgeous tin ceilings and I hope...if all goes well...to take down the ugly fluorescent lighting and put some beautiful time period lights.

This is mid-paint job. I was soooo relieved when I could tell how much the new paint was going to light up the place.

And now we'll start with the finished tour.

This is the new awning and what the front of the store looks like.

Same view from the back of the store looking towards the front of the store in my 'before' pic.

Looking towards the back of the store

The beginnings of the food area

Looking towards the south side of the store in the middle of the store. You can see some of my beds on the right and on the left are my grooming products, collars & leashes, and Apawthecary area.

Where Jett, Callie and I hang out most of the day. See the gorgeous Carnation Malt on the counter that Tammy, Benny and Emma sent? It's still looking as fresh as the day I received it!

The bakery area. There are two bakery cases but the other one wasn't filled yet so I didn't take a pic of it. They should be completely filled this week.

And my first display window in the new store. View from the outside:

And view from the inside:

And last but not least, my two precious little helpers Jett and Callie. For some reason they want to hang out right behind the bakery case. lol

So I hope you are all up to me making a pest of myself on here again because hopefully things will get back to a normal routine! I've been living on approx.3-4 hours of sleep a night this past week and a half and am enjoying my first day off in over a month. Starting next Sunday, downtown Goshen is promoting their 'Shop outside the box' program where all the downtown stores will be open on Sundays to entice people out of the big box stores and to shop local stores downtown. So I'll be working 7 days a week from then until Christmas. Soooo....I think I'll go take a nap! :thumbsup:

Love you all and hope you still remember us!

xoxo
Crystal, Zoe, Jett & Callie

·
Registered
2,327 Posts
Welcome back, girlfriend!!! It's so nice to see you and to know that you survived such a monumental task. Crystal, the store looks awesome ... color scheme, layout, display window, cases, accessories. All I can say is WOW!! All the best to you. No one deserves it more!

·
Premium Member
24,178 Posts
many long hours:sweatdrop: of sweat, but oh my gosh look at your store:aktion033: it's wonderful:chili: I'm so happy for you Crystal, I wish the very best.

·
Registered
2,331 Posts
:aktion033::aktion033: I'm so happy your back!!!:aktion033::aktion033: The store looks wonderful, all your hard work will pay off. I think Jett is licking chops waiting for one of the baked goods!!! As for Callie :wub: she sure is a cutie.

·
Premium Member
6,090 Posts
Oh my word! I love, love, love your new store! :chili::chili::chili::chili: You have done a great job!:aktion033::aktion033::aktion033: I wish you lived here and had a store. I guess its a good thing we have the internet! Here's a pat on the back, too!:smilie_daumenpos:

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
The new store looks gorgeous :D I'm impressed with the amount of renovations you did, great job! :chili:

·
Registered
598 Posts
the new store looks gorgeous!!! Best of luck with your new space. I,too, wish I lived closer to you as I'd love to shop in person at your store, but guess I'll have to settle for the internet!

·
Premium Member
6,469 Posts
As I have said all along - I LOVE IT!!!! I can't imagine that Goshen is a huge travel destination but it is our #1 place to visit!!!! Hunter is drooling on my keyboard as we look at these pictures and I can see so many things that we LOVE!!!

Great Job Crystal - it truly is an amazing store!

·
Registered
5,433 Posts
Oh my Crystal!! Looks awesome, wish we could visit. You have made a perfect little winter wonderland there. ;) Love the blue paint colour too. It is hard to get a good blue.

·
Premium Member
2,493 Posts
Crystal it looks beautiful!!!

All your efforts and hard work has certainly made a fantastic store.

Wishing you much good fortune!

·
Registered
3,528 Posts
Wow!! Your new store looks GREAT!!! I love the colors, the window display- all the goodies!! It's easy to see how busy you've been. Congratulations Crystal!!!! I wish you lived near me!! We would be at your store..waaayyy too much!! lol!

Who is baking the doggie treats? Are you doing that too?

·
Super Moderator
10,242 Posts
Crystal - I've been waiting patiently for the pictures - congratulations!! It look absolutely fabulous!!!!! I guess we really are going to have to take a road trip soon . . .

·
Premium Member
20,059 Posts
*sigh* it's looking wonderful!!! Looks like my very favorite kind of store in the whole world. A very cool place that one can meander around and check out every single thing! I want to visit!!!!!! How far away from South Jersey are you? :unsure:

1 - 20 of 58 Posts