Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7,486 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone. I just realized that I've posted 20 times and haven't introduced myself. We got our first maltese a week ago. She is really my 22 year old daughter's dog. My daughter graduated from Vanderbilt in May with a degree in Spanish and is taking 3 more science classes this year at a local university to get ready for Dental school next fall (my husband is an oral surgeon). She is a little lonely in her apartment and wanted to get her puppy through puppyhood before beginning graduate school. Her new little Sadie is 15 weeks and is at our house about half the time. Our Bichon Frise is warming up to the baby. My husband and I are already thinking about a 2nd puppy for us. We are just in love with Sadie and hate it when they return to school on Sunday afternoon.

I love hearing all of your stories and the help has been invaluable. The information on the internet helped us locate a wonderful breeder and taught us so much about the breed. While we didn't buy her on the internet we were able to use resources from the American Maltese Association to find breeders in the south.

Susan

·
Registered
2,863 Posts
i hope you can post pics of sadie and your bischon. so if you think you'll buy a puppy, are you planning on getting a maltese?

·
Registered
939 Posts
Welcome Ms.Magnolia, Sadie and the Bichon! What is the name of your Bichon? Sadie is a cutie I would love to see a picture of your other dog also. Are you planning on getting a maltese when you get another puppy?

Judi

·
Registered
7,486 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hey everyone,
Thanks for the warm welcome. Our Bichon's name is Jolie and she is a sweetie. Every day she warms up a little more to Sadie. Sadie nips at her ears and neck and wants whatever Jolie wants. They are hysterical to watch but Jolie is being very stoic. She's let out a few warning growls and has fussed at Sadie once or twice. This weekend we went up to our daughter's apartment for a football game and Jolie was on Sadie's turf. I think that was a very good thing for both dogs. I have already spoken to Sadie's breeder about another. I don't know that I want a maltese this minute, but we just love Sadie and could see ourselves having another in the near future. I will get a photo soon for you to see both dogs. While Jolie doesn't look like Sadie now, because of the cottony Bichon hair, they sure looked a lot alike as puppies. We would have gotten another bichon in a minute, but our daughter wanted a smaller dog that could travel on planes more easily. I think we made a very good choice, don't you?

Sadie's breeder is a lady from Georgia. She doesn't have a website but I was put in touch with her through a lady from Alabama whose name was on the list from the American Maltese Association. One of her little champions had sired pups with this woman's female and she knew that one of the pups was going to be sold rather than shown. Sadie has some pink in her pads, and I guess that this is a fault in the show ring. I don't think that I should list the breeders name or info without her permission. She is not in the dog breeding business bigtime. Instead she breeds her dogs very rarely to get show dogs. She stays busy with smaller shows and recently finished the beautiful maltese that she's been showing. Her puppies are raised in her home and she hates to give them up. I made wonderful contacts with a couple of the breeders that I corresponded/spoke to. I guess there are some unethical breeders but the few that I contacted were well informed and helpful. We didn't want to pay an unlimited amount for a puppy, but we were more concerned about breeding than price. I'm just crazy about Maltese.
Susan

1 - 9 of 9 Posts