Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone! Hello all newbies!

I hope you regulars have not forgotten me. Brit'ny and I have been through some major changes in the last few months. I don't know if you all remember my last post; I was having trouble potty training Brit and problems regulating the discipline that my fiance was putting on Britny. Well things quickly escalated from not so good to down right horrible. My fiance became EXTREMELY verbally abusive and mean to me, and physically abusive to Brit'ny. I came home one day from my new job to find Brit'ny smushed between the backdoor and the screen, yes a maybe 1-3 inch space. What was his reasoning? Well I had not put her in the bathroom before I left and she barked and woke him up, and I was "lucky he didn't put her outside", it was storming that day. Brit'ny had grown so fearful of him, that while he was home she would hide in my arms or behind the couch. I knew it was time to go, I didn't care how much money he made or all the crap he was giving me at that point. i sucked it up and called "mommy"

My mother was ESTATIC about me moving back home (I'm 20, I haven't lived at home since I was 17). She said she had hated him all along and had been praying for me to come back home. She was upset that I had waited so long to escape, but I felt I was intruding on her, she just got remarried. But there was no where else for me to go at that point. Well, We are doing GREAT! Britny is having so much fun with my other dog, Cisco, the shih-tzu poo I have told you all about from time to time. They play ALL DAY LONG! Will, my stepdad loves Britny too and she loves to be held by both of her Grandparents.

Ive missed being here, but I had gotten so depressed I didn't even like doing things that I love.

Well Im back, we are happy, and I have a new boyfriend already hee hee. I don't stay down for long

·
Registered
7,840 Posts
Was wondering about you the other day!!
So glad to have you back and to know that things are looking up for you and Brit!!!
GRRRR...to the ex-boyfriend...nothing very pleasant to say about him right now!!!
You made the right choice!!!! You go girl!!!!

Welcome back! :D

·
Registered
7,741 Posts
aww so glad u r back. That is a horrible situation u were in, and i'm so glad the two of u left before one of you got seriously hurt! We missed you over here and look forward to hearing more about the adventures of Brit'ny and Cisco!

·
Premium Member
21,482 Posts
Welcome back.... I'm glad both you and Brit are away from the "mean man". Sometimes it is harder to go than to stay.... bravo to you for making the right decision....

·
Registered
3,615 Posts
Originally posted by Brit'sMom@Dec 14 2004, 07:34 PM
Hello everyone!  Hello all newbies!

I hope you regulars have not forgotten me.  Brit'ny and I have been through some major changes in the last few months.  I don't know if you all remember my last post; I was having trouble potty training Brit and problems regulating the discipline that my fiance was putting on Britny.  Well things quickly escalated from not so good to down right horrible.  My fiance became EXTREMELY verbally abusive and mean to me, and physically abusive to Brit'ny.  I came home one day from my new job to find Brit'ny smushed between the backdoor and the screen, yes a maybe 1-3 inch space.  What was his reasoning?  Well I had not put her in the bathroom before I left and she barked and woke him up, and I was "lucky he didn't put her outside", it was storming that day. Brit'ny had grown so fearful of him, that while he was home she would hide in my arms or behind the couch.  I knew it was time to go, I didn't care how much money he made or all the crap he was giving me at that point.  i sucked it up and called "mommy"

My mother was ESTATIC about me moving back home (I'm 20, I haven't lived at home since I was 17).  She said she had hated him all along and had been praying for me to come back home.  She was upset that I had waited so long to escape, but I felt I was intruding on her, she just got remarried.  But there was no where else for me to go at that point.  Well, We are doing GREAT!  Britny is having so much fun with my other dog, Cisco, the shih-tzu poo I have told you all about from time to time.  They play ALL DAY LONG!  Will, my stepdad loves Britny too and she loves to be held by both of her Grandparents.

Ive missed being here, but I had gotten so depressed I didn't even like doing things that I love.

Well Im back, we are happy, and I have a new boyfriend already hee hee.  I don't stay down for long 

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=23198
[/QUOTE]
Good girl. I am so proud that you stood up for yourself and your dog. No living creature should ever have to suffer at the hands (or words) of someone else. I hope all goes well for you in the future.

·
Registered
939 Posts
Originally posted by Mystify79@Dec 14 2004, 08:01 PM
I'm so glad you and Brit'ny are back!  You totally rock for getting you and Brit out of that relationship with your ex, a lot of people aren't strong enough to do that! 

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=23211
[/QUOTE]
Welcome back i am so sorry you had to go thru that but you are a smart woman and got out before any more damage was done to you and your sweet baby. So glad mom said come home!

·
Registered
4,515 Posts
WOW! what alot to go thru, i am glad things are looking up fpr both of you, i'm not a violent person but had i seen a man mush any dog between 2 doors, well, lets say i wouldnt be happy, best of luck to you both, sounds like things are getting better

·
Registered
7,486 Posts
So maybe Brit saved YOU! Even if you wouldn't have left for yourself, you took responsibility for her and did the right thing for both of you. And maybe his treatment of Brit made his true colors come out before things got too far along. Way to go!

·
Registered
365 Posts
Hi! I'm one of the newer members here... I'm sorry to hear about your what happened to you and Brit'ny!! I'm soo happy that you guys are okay now!! Also i'm glad you found out how your fiance is before you guys got married!!

·
Registered
3,483 Posts
WELCOME HOME! You and Brit are too cute to deal with that! You are very brave. Don't ever let a guy treat you like that again...I'm sure you already know by now

·
Registered
132 Posts
you are really strong leaving your ex, well done, it's hard.

u and brit will be fine. glad to see you back, have read many of your posts xxxx :D

·
Registered
84 Posts
Soooo proud of you
I am a bit older than you (26) but i know it took a lot of courage to walk out. You did the right thing.. you stood up for yourself AND your baby.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Hi Brits mom!
I'm a newbie, and I really admire your strength! Getting out before permanent damage can be done!! YAY for you and Brit'ny!!
I was in a bad relationship years ago (when God was a child)(Covered wagons)(On line was what you did after washing your clothes)
Anyway, I ran with the clothes on my back, and never looked back for a minute. It's great that you're moving on!

YAY!!

1 - 20 of 32 Posts