Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
478 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How do you post a "user image post" in your posts????

Example, if I wanted to post a picture here.. MY PICTURE HERE.... how would I do it? I've learned that I simply can't cut and paste my picture. All help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

·
Registered
3,261 Posts
Originally posted by scottchelf@Aug 10 2005, 05:53 PM
How do you post a "user image post" in your posts????

Example, if I wanted to post a picture here.. MY PICTURE HERE....  how would I do it?  I've learned that I simply can't cut and paste my picture.  All help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=89243
[/QUOTE]
I wish I could help you, but I dont think that I understand your question completely. Sorry, I'm a little slow today

Do you mean just post a regular pic? I can help you with that.

·
Registered
478 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yes.. if I wanted to post a picture this this page.. this post.... how could I do it?

JUST IMAGINE IF THIS SENTENCE IS SUPPOSED TO BE MY PICTURE.

How do I get my picture here????

·
Registered
3,261 Posts
Originally posted by scottchelf@Aug 10 2005, 05:57 PM
yes.. if I wanted to post a picture this this page.. this post.... how could I do it?

JUST IMAGINE IF THIS SENTENCE IS SUPPOSED TO BE MY PICTURE.

How do I get my picture here????
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=89247
[/QUOTE]
Ok, lets say you wanted to post a pic from your gallery. Right click on the picture and press "Copy image location" Then, go to reply, and press the "img" button on the menu. Then right click on the line, and press paste, then press "ok" Your picture will appear.

·
Registered
478 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
ok.. so I can not post just post a picture from my hard drive to HERE. It has to be in my gallery... is that correct?

·
Registered
478 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
this is the error message i get. Do I have to have a "host".. is SM not a host? I've simply added a picture from my hard drive to the SM gallery. Then I've tried to take that picture and put it in a post as in HERE IN THIS SENTENCE. but I still can't do it.

THE FOLLOWING ERROR(S) WERE FOUND
You are not allowed to use that image extension on this board. A valid format is: http://www.domain.com/picture.gif, an invalid format is: http://www.domain.com/picture.one.gif

·
Premium Member
21,482 Posts
Originally posted by scottchelf@Aug 10 2005, 08:09 PM
http://spoiledmaltese.com/forum/index.php?act=module&module=gallery&cmd=si&img=2751
<div align="right">[url="index.php?act=findpost&pid=89268"][/url][/QUOTE][/B][/QUOTE]
Scott, see your other thread, I posted instructions...

·
Registered
478 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
for some reason, when i right click on the picture in the gallery, i can copy it. then i go back to the post that I where i was going to place the picture, then i click on the IMG button. then it brings up a box for me to place the url. i right click there and it doesn't give me the paste option. the only option available for me is to "select all".

so I've tried when I go to the page, I cut the URL, return to the page that I'm going to post the pic, and click on IMG, then the box pops up for me to place the url. I right click and paste the url. then hit ok. then i click on post, and the link the the only thing to shows up in my post.

any ideas???

Joe????

·
Premium Member
21,482 Posts
Originally posted by scottchelf@Aug 10 2005, 08:13 PM
for some reason, when i right click on the picture in the gallery, i can copy it.  then i go back to the post that I where i was going to place the picture, then i click on the IMG button.  then it brings up a box for me to place the url.  i right click there and it doesn't give me the paste option.  the only option available for me is to "select all". 

so I've tried when I go to the page, I cut the URL, return to the page that I'm going to post the pic, and click on IMG, then the box pops up for me to place the url.  I right click and paste the url.  then hit ok.  then i click on post, and the link the the only thing to shows up in my post.

any ideas???

Joe????
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=89270
[/QUOTE]

Scott, generally when the "paste" option isn't shown it means you did not click on "copy" on the image. That happens to me sometimes. If you don't see the "paste" option, go back to your image and try again clicking on "copy" and then see if "paste" shows up. You can also use Ctrl then v to paste without having to right click. First click Ctrl and then the v and it is the same as "paste". (Ctrl + c is the same as "Copy". )

·
Registered
7,840 Posts
It is easier for me to host it through Imageshack or whatever...any imagehosting site. Hit their "browse" button, upload from your hard drive....hit "host" on their page...and wait for the image URL to come up. I always use the "direct link" to the photo. A plain URL. Then I copy and paste THAT into the IMG box above and "voila"! It is there.
I try to resize mine to no bigger than 600 pixels so it is not HUGE!

·
Registered
7,428 Posts
Originally posted by tlunn@Aug 11 2005, 08:20 AM
It is easier for me to host it through Imageshack or whatever...any imagehosting site. Hit their "browse" button, upload from your hard drive....hit "host" on their page...and wait for the image URL to come up. I always use the "direct link" to the photo. A plain URL. Then I copy and paste THAT into the IMG box above and "voila"! It is there.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=89349
[/QUOTE]
Hey you want to do some directions on on how to do it, like I did for Photobucket and the sm Gallery?

·
Registered
7,840 Posts
Originally posted by Lexi's Mom+Aug 11 2005, 08:22 AM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-tlunn
@Aug 11 2005, 08:20 AM
Hey you want to do some directions on on how to do it, like I did for Photobucket and the sm Gallery?
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=89351
[/B][/QUOTE]

Where did you put that?
I will, I don't mind. But I can't do it until I am at home...and our internet is down there right now. I can't get on imageshack or most of the picture hosting sites at school.

·
Registered
7,428 Posts
Originally posted by tlunn+Aug 11 2005, 09:44 AM-->
Originally posted by Lexi's [email protected] 11 2005, 08:22 AM
<!--QuoteBegin-tlunn
@Aug 11 2005, 08:20 AM

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=89351

[/QUOTE]

Where did you put that?
I will, I don't mind. But I can't do it until I am at home...and our internet is down there right now. I can't get on imageshack or most of the picture hosting sites at school.

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=89387
[/B][/QUOTE]
No problem. I can do it next week if you don't have time. I post a thread in the Picture section about the SM Gallery and another one about Photobucket.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts