Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
522 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

We left here yesterday morning much to our dismay realized the trip was much longer than we anticipated. When we got to the breeders, Izzy was even more adorable in person. Because of the long drive, the fact that Izzy has been totally weaned for two weeks, and the fact that the breeder is going out of town next week, she said we could take her home early. She's now 10 weeks old, she was going to let us take her at 11 weeks.

She's rolly polly, very playful, very curious and super smart. On the drive home she started fussing and whining and I spread newspaper on the front floor of the car and she squatted and peed and peed a big puddle. When we got home we put her on a pee pad and she peed again and pooped ON the pee pad. I think she's 3/4 house broken already. When she has to potty she whines and fusses, then hurrys to her pee pad, which is in her playpen with her crate and circles madly.

She fell asleep suddenly last night, flopped over in that puppy instant sleep and slept until 4:30 a.m. We heard her crying but we didn't go to her and after five minutes she fell back asleep and didn't get awake until we got up at 6. I'm so excited that she's here and now I can start training her and teaching her. She is now 10 weeks old. I feel bad for Sissy's Mom because we were supposed to be waiting together but the joy I feel is remarkable. I'm so happy, so thrilled, so excited all rolled together.

I'll be having a ton more questions, thank you all for this great board.

·
Registered
7,486 Posts
Oh my gosh, Linda! She's just adorable. Sounds like she's off to a good start by sleeping through the night. What kind of food has the breeder been giving her? Aren't you glad that you've been buying stuff so that you don't have to do a mad dash to the pet store today! Bet y'all were really excited.
Susan

·
Registered
894 Posts
IzzyBella is just ADORABLE!! Yes, Linda, we were suppose to be waiting together!! I am so happy for you!! She sounds like one smart puppy, but then I have not heard of a dumb Maltese!! Keep me posted on the trials and joys of new "motherhood"!!

WELCOME HOME BABY IZZYBELLA

·
Registered
3,483 Posts
Wow! She does sound super smart! Congrats to you!

·
Registered
7,840 Posts
Congrats!!! She is beautiful!!!!

·
Premium Member
21,482 Posts
Congratulations!!! It sounds like things are going just great.

Due to circumatances, Catcher came home at 10 weeks also. My breeder normally waits until 12. I saw a big difference between that and when I brought home Kallie at a little more than 7 weeks.

My vet actually thought it was the perfect time because he said something about 10-12 weeks being a bonding period... or something like that! Anyway, best wishes for much happiness!!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts