Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
522 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We came home tonight and to our horror we discovered that Izzy was on the desk top crying pitifully. Apparently she climbed up on a chair and got on the top of the desk and couldn't get back down. Part of the desk is in her gated community. The desk is the entire length of one wall in an L shaped, with her community at the short end of the L shape.

To give you an idea of what I'm talking about, here are two pictures showing Izzy's gated community.

The poor little thing. I'm horrified thinking she was up there all evening. She had the run of the whole desk top but she didn't get into anything which means she was too frightened to be an inquisitive puppy. My DH hopes that she had just climbed up right before we got in the door but based on her exhaustion tonight, I think she was stuck on the desk all evening. We were gone from 5 till 10. Normally she needs lots of playtime after being cooped up that long but like I said, she's exhausted. Poor little thing.

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
POOR IZZY!!!! After finally learning how to jump, Miko for a long time used to be able to jump onto coach but not jump down. So a few times after coming home from work and seeing a dehydrated, scared baby who spent 8 hrs on the coach, my husband taught him how to jump down. Of course that turned out not to be a good thing in our case. And of course Izzy should never jump from the desk! Poor Izzy!

·
Registered
17,659 Posts
My Petie did something like that when he was a puppy. I gated him in the hallway/laundry area off the kitchen at night since my ex refused to have a dog sleep in the bed. Petie hated to be separated from me and learned to climb the gate so I had 2 baby gates, one on top of another. I woke up one night at 3:00 in the morning to horrible crying. He had climbed both gates, ended up on the kitchen counter and got stuck in the sink!

BTW, by 3 months my ex husbandgot tired of the howling and Petie got to sleep in the bed. He never made another peep! Petie that is. My ex continued to grumble about pets in the bed and cat hair so I had to kick him the curb!

Then Petie got the other half the king size bed to himself! He used to paw the bedspread down during the day so he could put his head on the pillowcase. I swear he was gloating that in the end, HE got to stay in the bed!

·
Registered
1,597 Posts
Poor Izzi,

The trama and no mommy to help
....glad she was OK when you got home.

Susan

·
Registered
3,483 Posts
OH My GOSH! That is crazy! Poor Izzy and Petie! LOL. They will forever amaze us! So goofy!

·
Registered
608 Posts
Poor Izzy. I remember when Ranger was around 8 months old and we were trying to gradually move him to no crate when we were not home. We had him gated in the kitchen, I came home one day to find him sitting in the kitchen sink eating the plastic decor fruit. Needless to say Ranger is still cratede when we are not home.

·
Registered
1,597 Posts
Izzi's Mom,

I had to write again because I know how Teddy would be with those windows...he would want to look out...so any way of giving her safe passage to do that. Teddy loves to watch the scenery out the window and actually watch for me to come home. I live on a park so there are only squirels etc to look at...and of course the gardeners once a week which is just horrible for Teddy, but overall he loves to look out.

Could that be what your little one was doing?

Susan

·
Registered
522 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
had to write again because I know how Teddy would be with those windows...he would want to look out[/B]
Izzy has never shown any interest in looking out the windows but who knows. Another theory we have is that while we were gone I was running my i-robot vacuum cleaner, which Izzy is terrified of. We think maybe the vacuum cleaner bumped into her gate and sent Izzy fleeing for higher ground.

Needless to say, Robbie the Robot won't be run when we aren't home to save poor Izzy from his menacing ways.

·
Registered
3,615 Posts
I am so glad poor Izzy didn't get injured during her adventure. Our puppy has no inclination to climb or jump. Our "baby gate" between the kitchen and dinning room is long box that is about 8" tall. She cannot get over it. She also cannot climb stairs. She's too small. She has tons of room between my kitchen and family room. There's enough for her to explore, and I think she's afraid to go up the stairs because that's where I give her a bath!

·
Registered
894 Posts
Originally posted by LadysMom@Jun 3 2005, 05:48 AM
BTW, by 3 months my ex husbandgot tired of the howling and Petie got to sleep in the bed. He never made another peep! Petie that is. My ex continued to grumble about pets in the bed and cat hair so I had to kick him the curb!

Then Petie got the other half the king size bed to himself! He used to paw the bedspread down during the day so he could put his head on the pillowcase. I swear he was gloating that in the end, HE got to stay in the bed!
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=68518
[/QUOTE]

I have not laughed so hard in many, many days Marj, thank you!!

Izzy is a devil incarnate!! Poor baby, they may be small but they can get into HUGE amounts of trouble.......glad she didn't jump, that could of been very bad.....
No more Robbie......

·
Registered
2,004 Posts
poor Izzy, I'm glad she did not try ot jump off. I would suggest removing the chair from her area while your gone so she has no way of climbing up on the desk when your not home. Eventually she will learn to jump off when she gets older.
Chelsey would never jump off our bed , one day a noise from her toy scared her and she jumped off and ran down the stairs. The toy has one of those sqeezie in it . It really starteld her. It took hours to get her to play with it again.

·
Registered
1,597 Posts
Poor Izzy,

I have a feeling you are right about the vacume robot...Teddy would have been beside himself...Give kisses from both Teddy and I.

Susan

·
Registered
6,614 Posts
awwwwww.... POOR LITTLE IZZY!!!!
That would break my heart to come home and find my baby upset and scared!!! I'm glad she is okay though. Make sure to give her a BIG hug and Kiss from Kodie and me

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
Off the topic, but I just have to know - Do you like the i-robot vacuum? Does it clean well? I am tempted to buy it since I am just so lazy when it comes to house work!

·
Registered
522 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I have the Roomba Vacuum and it works great. It does a better job than I do with my full size vacuum. The Roomba has a beater brush that spins out to the side and gets along the baseboards and it fits under the couch and chairs and recliners. I run mine often and he always gets a full load of dirt. I don't know where it all comes from!! Izzy doesn't like it one bit. When the Roomba senses it's battery is about to die, it will slowly turn and make it's way back to it's base and climb in it's charger. Izzy follows it barking, she thinks she is sending it home.

I would caution you to stay away from the generic no name ones, if you want a good one, be prepared to pay between $250 and $300 but it is totally worth it. You'll never regret it.

·
Registered
2,119 Posts
Originally posted by 20202@Jun 4 2005, 12:54 PM
When the Roomba senses it's battery is about to die, it will slowly turn and make it's way back to it's base and climb in it's charger.  Izzy follows it barking, she thinks she is sending it home.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=68946
[/QUOTE]

how cute

1 - 20 of 20 Posts