Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
522 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Izzy Bella loves to sleep on top of people. If she can't perch on top of my head when I'm reading in the recliners, she will climb to the highest spot and sleep there. I was scrapbooking (that's the jumbled mess in the background) when I decided to snap this shot. My DH leans way back to play his online poker and Izzy is always right there.

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
Mine are the same way! Sir N is right now sleeping on the bedding. That is a mattress folded into sixths, three pillows piled on top of that, and then two soft cushy blankets on top of that. Little C can't get up that high which is probably another reason Sir N likes it so much up there. If Little C could find a way to climb to my neck, she'd be draping herself like a scarf while I'm at the computer instead of insisting on sleeping on my legs until they are painfully asleep.

·
Registered
7,840 Posts
AW....
how sweet!
Cute picture.

·
Registered
6,614 Posts
haha.. awwww... does she do that when your holding her and standing? When i'm holding Kodie and standing he will climb up to my shoulder and look over it. ummm.. come to think of it Kodie does that in bed too. He always ends up sleeping by my head. Seems that our little ones like to always be closest to your face doesnt it?

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
Awe! Great picture! I think it's the Napoleon syndrome. They try to be as big as they can by getting as high as they can. It could also be a dominance thing too with them trying to get higher than us. Fantasia does this all the time in bed, on the couch, in my arms. She's always trying to get as high as she can! She started getting on the back of the couch last year (after being at my brothers where the back of his couch is all pillows and she loves to be on pillows). But in the past few months she has been getting on the back of our couch more and more (every chance she gets even if we get her down the gets right back up) and a few weeks ago she jumped off the back of the couch twice! It freaked us out so bad that we decided to get those Chinese folding walls to put behind the couch (because she can't jump off the back of the couch if there is a wall there). Hopefully we will get them soon and she will stop. I don't want her to break her little legs.
She fell off the bed last night! I was coming back from changing her pad (we were in bed when she went potty) and she was barking at me and trying to jump at me when I was coming back to bed and she just fell off the bed! I watched her as if in slow motion with her legs flailing and her inner thigh hit a computer that's on the side of the bed (waiting for a friend to pick it up) and it was so loud when she hit. I got down to see if she was all right because she is now on the floor and she ran under the bed. She didn't make a sound and I was in a panic trying to get her out from under the bed and see if she was ok. She finally came out and ran back up the stairs to the bed and she was fine, but it sure gave us a big scare!

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
I had to laugh at the picture of your DH (darling hubby?) because that's the way mine uses his computer. For our anniversary one year I bought him a top of the line Lazy Boy recliner/rocker (against my wishes) and he put it on a platform to raise it up and uses it as his office chair! I have to admit it is a comfy way to surf the net all kicked back and feet up and relaxed. Pico loves it too. He begs Dad to let him up and Dad lowers the foot rest and Pico races up it to his lap. I find them both asleep there from time to time.

Izzy sure is an integral part of your lives, isn't she?

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
hahahaha - I wonder how many times my husband is playing poker with your husband! He loves his online poker. Chloe loves to snuggle up like that - just under the chin. I can just picture both guys lying way back with their little girls perched up on them like that. :D

·
Registered
3,483 Posts
HAHA! Great picture.

·
Registered
522 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
hahahaha - I wonder how many times my husband is playing poker with your husband! He loves his online poker.

Candice, my DH plays under the name Dapainter923 on PokerStars.com. What's your DH name, I'll tell him to look for him if he goes to that site. My DH always lays almost flat to play his online poker. After hours and hours and hours and hours... I guess it's the most comfortable way.

·
Registered
7,840 Posts
Originally posted by 20202@Apr 9 2005, 10:47 PM
hahahaha - I wonder how many times my husband is playing poker with your husband! He loves his online poker.

Candice, my DH plays under the name Dapainter923 on PokerStars.com.  What's your DH name, I'll tell him to look for him if he goes to that site.  My DH always lays almost flat to play his online poker.  After hours and hours and hours and hours... I guess it's the most comfortable way.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=51018
[/QUOTE]

Mine plays online poker too-husband AND my 7 year old son!
I don't know his online name though...probably something to do with Tennessee Vols...I think he plays on the Pokerstars site...but I don't know. I just know it is fake money...ha ha...that is all I care about really.

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
Ha ha - I'm not sure which name he plays under - I'll have to ask him. I know that he has different names for different games - poker, halo. Oh yes - he's very productive on the computer

I'm just getting this visual of all these tough sounding guys lying back in their chairs with Malts perched on their bellies.

TLunn - I'll bet your son is probably the big winner time and again.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts