Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I live in the midwest and it gets quite cold and snowy in the winter. Titi is not litter trained so she has to go out to potty. I need to get a new jacket for her this year. Her last one shrunk in the wash.
I want something that is good quality and waterproof. The poor girl gets so cold when romping through the snow. Anyone have any good recommendations?

·
Registered
313 Posts
i live in california, but will be taking l.e. to the snow a lot this year. i was wondering the same thing about the jacket and the shoes...

·
Registered
17,659 Posts
I have bought lots of sweaters, jogging suits and jackets for Lady over the years, but my favorite (and the one I use everyday in the winter) is a red nylon jacket with black furry lining. It's made like a horse blanket with velcro at the chest and a tummy strap so it's super easy to get off and on.

I'm sure all the catalogue places and Petsmart have something similar. I would really recommend it.

·
Registered
4,856 Posts
I am going to order a harness/jacket from chloeandj. She has great stuff!

·
Registered
7,428 Posts
Lexi has 2 jackets. The one I don't like because the strap that goes around the belly isn't actually attached to the jacket. It just velcros around it. The jacket allows gets bunched up weird and doesn't stay put.

The one she has that I like is a blue corduroy fabric that has a fake sheep skin lining. It looks like a little kids jacket and has snaps down the belly.

I need to get one for Nikki yet.

Where in the midwest do you live? I'm in Des Moines, IA.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Originally posted by Brooks@Nov 2 2005, 12:48 PM
Do you get her little shoes too? I'm just wondering, we don't get too cold here in Louisiana.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=115970
[/QUOTE]

Yup! She has little shoes, but she HATES them. I put them on her anyway because it definitely makes a difference. They make her walk funny.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Originally posted by Lexi's Mom@Nov 2 2005, 01:49 PM
Lexi has 2 jackets.  The one I don't like because the strap that goes around the belly isn't actually attached to the jacket.  It just velcros around it.  The jacket allows gets bunched up weird and doesn't stay put.

The one she has that I like is a blue corduroy fabric that has a fake sheep skin lining.  It looks like a little kids jacket and has snaps down the belly.

Where in the midwest do you live?  I'm in Des Moines, IA.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=115983
[/QUOTE]

I'm in northwest Illinois...probably about 3-4 hours from you if I remember correctly. I know Des Moines isn't horribly far.

·
Registered
7,428 Posts

·
Registered
7,428 Posts
Originally posted by dianesand+Nov 2 2005, 04:42 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-Lexi's Mom
@Nov 2 2005, 01:49 PM
Lexi has 2 jackets.  The one I don't like because the strap that goes around the belly isn't actually attached to the jacket.  It just velcros around it.  The jacket allows gets bunched up weird and doesn't stay put.

The one she has that I like is a blue corduroy fabric that has a fake sheep skin lining.  It looks like a little kids jacket and has snaps down the belly.

I'm in northwest Illinois...probably about 3-4 hours from you if I remember correctly. I know Des Moines isn't horribly far.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=116046
[/B][/QUOTE]
How far are you from the IA, IL, WI border? I grew up in Dubuque, IA which is right on the border.

·
Premium Member
13,652 Posts
Scooby goes out in the snow without shoes simply because he refuses to wear them. He doesn't stay out long though, just long enough to go potty then he scampers back inside quick smart.
He just wears a sweater most times but if the wind is blowing and it is extremely cold then I put a warmer outfit on him. He has a waterproof jacket like a raincoat with a hood on it but he hates it and sulks if I put it on him

We also are in the mid west and it does get very cold, but last winter we didn't get a lot of snow.
Today was in the lower 70's and that is pretty good here for November too.

Here are a couple of pics of Scooby, one in his raincoat and one of us out in the snow. These were taken before we had our fences up so he had to be on a leash otherwise he would run off down the road to his girlfriend's house.

Attachments

·
Registered
6,614 Posts
I have a jacket thats water proof on my site.. everyone loves it that has purchased it so far... maybe check it out... it comes in white or black...
jackets

·
Registered
2,474 Posts
The one I like best is waterproof and the zipper is on the back- not the stomach. If you live some place with a lot of snow- they tend to sort of sink down into the snow- and I would think the cold/wet metal zipper or snaps would be too cold on the tummy. It is normal for us to have temps of -25 and below! Also I think it's easier to zip it up on the back- he sort of steps into it and then I close it.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Originally posted by Lexi's Mom+Nov 2 2005, 04:43 PM-->
Originally posted by [email protected] 2 2005, 04:42 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-Lexi's Mom
@Nov 2 2005, 01:49 PM

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=116046

[/QUOTE]
How far are you from the IA, IL, WI border? I grew up in Dubuque, IA which is right on the border.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=116048
[/B][/QUOTE]

I am in the Rockford area, which is really close to the Wisconsin border. Dubuque is quite easy to get to, just hop on 20. =)

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Originally posted by Scoobydoo@Nov 2 2005, 04:58 PM
Scooby goes out in the snow without shoes simply because he refuses to wear them. He doesn't stay out long though, just long enough to go potty then he scampers back inside quick smart.
He just wears a sweater most times but if the wind is blowing and it is extremely cold then I put a warmer outfit on him. He has a waterproof jacket like a raincoat with a hood on it but he hates it and sulks if I put it on him

We also are in the mid west and it does get very cold, but last winter we didn't get a lot of snow.
Today was in the lower 70's and that is pretty good here for November too.

Here are a couple of pics of Scooby, one in his raincoat and one of us out in the snow. These were taken before we had our fences up so he had to be on a leash otherwise he would run off down the road to his girlfriend's house.

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=116057
[/QUOTE]

Aww!!! Such cute pictures of Scooby!!!

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
Here is a picture of Miko's jacket:

I really like it becuase its cute, super easy to take off and on and it was fairly cheap (around $25 I think).

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.