Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
776 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When Jacky gets sleepy and I'm studying at the desk, he lays on my bed with his head on this silver-velour pillow I have, and just watches me with those adorable one-black, one-half-pink eyes...
:D I can't resist showing him off!

·
Registered
7,840 Posts
GREAT picture...you really captured him well there!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
285 Posts
what a little sweetheart. It looks like he doesn't have
any tear staining in the eye with no pigment? I wonder
if this might teach us something new or just a coincident?

·
Premium Member
21,482 Posts
Originally posted by lethalfire@Oct 11 2005, 08:06 AM
what a little sweetheart.  It looks like he doesn't have
any tear staining in the eye with no pigment?  I wonder
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=108324
[/QUOTE]

Hmmmm, that's is an interesting observation. I wonder if there is something to it?
Kallie has no pigment in her eyes and her eyes do not tear and she has no staining. Her face is always nice and dry and clean. Catcher, on the other hand, has lots of pigment and a little staining and tearing...his face is often wet.

·
Registered
776 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks for all the sweet remarks, you guys!!

Jacky is quite the cuddler too. If you met him, he'd run up to you, love all over you and try to climb into your arms --- and then he'd curl up with you and sleep. Usually right on your head, or your pillow, or on his back with his head thrown back against you...

As for the tear-stains, Jack actually has pretty bad staining -- but I keep the hair by his eyes shaved down to the skin to keep the hair from being wet all the time. It's easier to keep the skin dry than the hair!! So the reason his non-pigmented eye looks less dark is because the skin there is pink -- and the skin next to his dark eye is dark black from the pigment. Get it? Anyway... I will eventually take him to a vet-optho to see about the staining, because it's still bad even though he's done teething.. but i love him anyway

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
Originally posted by Kallie/Catcher's Mom+Oct 11 2005, 05:18 AM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-lethalfire
@Oct 11 2005, 08:06 AM
what a little sweetheart.  It looks like he doesn't have
any tear staining in the eye with no pigment?  I wonder
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=108324
Hmmmm, that's is an interesting observation. I wonder if there is something to it?
Kallie has no pigment in her eyes and her eyes do not tear and she has no staining. Her face is always nice and dry and clean. Catcher, on the other hand, has lots of pigment and a little staining and tearing...his face is often wet.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=108328
[/B][/QUOTE]

I don't think the two are related. Miko has no tear staining at all. His face is always dry and he has tons of pigment next to eyes (halos and eye rims).

1 - 17 of 17 Posts