Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,521 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If anyone is familiar with the Jane Iredale products, what base would you suggest for someone with very oily skin? I got a sample kit with the right color mineral foundation, but it's the Purepressed Mineral Foundation and i was wondering if i would get more coverage from the Amazing Base Loose Mineral Powders? I've been using the Absence Oil Control Primer with the Purepressed Mineral Foundation and it seems to seperate towards mid day and my makeup looks very blotchy. I use the Aubrey Organics skin care line for Oily Skin and i really like it. I did find a place that sells the Jane Iredale products, but it seems as if all they want to do is make a sale and tell you need everything. Do i need something else to help get good coverage for my skin because of the rosacea and help control the oil and look fresh all day? TIA

·
Premium Member
6,469 Posts
I'm not sure of these products. I actually had never heard of them and had to google them so I really can't help you but I do agree - often it feels like you are being told to purchase items not because they are needed but because the sale is wanted. I have slightly oily skin and funny enough, I find it to be less so when I am religious about moisturizing at night. I like Origins line of moisturizers - I can't live without them!

Let us know what you think of these products!

ETA: just finished posting this and an ad for these products was just below the banner - AWKWARD!

·
Registered
6,246 Posts
I love Jane Iredale products and have been using them for years. It's a reputable company and their products are very pure.

Unfortunately, they are only sold online or by dermatologists who usually want to make money by selling you everything in the line. So I don't buy Jane Iredale locally. I buy from Jane Iredale direct online, or dermstore.com. I haven't tried the loose foundation, as I really like the pressed compact foundation. I have combo skin and it doesn't separate or make me blotchy. I don't use the oil control primer. Have you tried the brush me matte finishing powder with the foundation? That is what I use.

I would be careful using Origins, as many of their products, like Aveda products, contain wheat.

·
Premium Member
8,521 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
No, i haven't tried the brush me matte finishing powder and i think i'll give it a try. Now that i have the correct shade i'll be ordering online.
I also want to thank you for telling me about the Aubrey Organics, i'm really loving their products. I first bought the one for combination/oily skin and it was too heavy for right now with the humidity. I purchased the cleanser, astringent and moisturizer for oily skin and i just love it, doesn't make my skin feel tight and i think it's helping with the rosecea and not irritating it.

·
Registered
389 Posts
I like the loose powder and have been using it for years. I recently tried a cheap L'oreal loose mineral powder (comes with brush stuck to lid) and it seems to go on smoother!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts