Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 20 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hasn't Jay Bianco always said on the Maltese Forum that he's not a breeder?

I met a lady the other day -- she works for my eye doctor -- who has two Maltese. She said she got one from a Jay Bianco. I thought, that must be a coincidence! I *know* I've seen Jay say that he doesn't breeder! I asked if this Jay Bianco had a wife named Bev, and she said, "Yup, that's the guy."

????

(Incidentally, she said she loved her dog very much but was NOT very happy with the quality of the breeding. She said he had curly hair and lemon markings and strongly resembled a bichon.)

·
Registered
994 Posts
My opinion on a real good breeder is one that stands by there speeches about how much they love this breed and do it basically for a hobby and when they find a real good family won't take them to the cleaners money wise i have found a few that price there litters very high and than when they speak with you they will come down in price because they want there litter to go to a loving family. I have tested a few for the heck of it and there are some real good honest ones out there but i think its far and few between most are in it for the money.. They will also tell you they dont sell to pet stores but i believe its because they want the full price
you need to really do your research... I didnt but i lucked out and i really got a wonderful beauiful furbaby but that is because i put alot of love and time into Maxi to me he is my baby ... oh one last note it really upsets me when the breeders put the so called bitches up for sale at 3 and 3 years old when they feel they are over the hill so to speak to me how oculd you give up a 3 year old makes me angry

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Maxismom, I adopted my Macy at age 4 when she had been retired. (She'd had two litters but had complications the second time.) Her breeder is a wonderful person, and I think that she made Macy available so that she could go to a home where she could get more one-on-one attention. But she told me she would ALWAYS take her back if we ever couldn't keep her, for any reason. (Not that that would EVER happen!) She said, "I bred her, and I feel responsible for her for the rest of her life."

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Nichole, I wonder if that's why Jay always adamantly refuses to believe that breeders don't make money off puppies. (I wonder how much money HE made off HIS?)

I do visit MO occasionally -- my last username was banned for saying we should be able to talk about breeders -- so I have a new one, which I won't disclose here

The funny part was that I was never TOLD I was banned. But every time I tried to log in under that username, I got a message that said, "Server busy. Try again later."

Btw, have you noticed that some users have a big red "restricted user" by their names? How childish.

·
Registered
346 Posts
I agree totally with Maxismom. A breeder who really loves their breed is not in it for the money. they are doing it to make sure the breed line is kept healthy and the pups go to loving homes. The whole point for breeding to make sure the breed is kept free from genetic defects and to try to rid the breed of the defects that are there. Usually a good breeder does not make one penny and usually ends up in the hole or will break even financially when it gets down to selling them. The breeder will and should ask just as many questions as the perspective new parents.

I have three dogs in my house and to think about just turning my back on one and getting rid of it FOR ANY REASON, I just can't fathom the idea. They are simply a part of my family. I think of the them on the same level as my children..since my children are now all grown, they ARE my children! lol

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yes, but a breeder can't afford to keep EVERY dog he or she breeds around for ever. To continue bettering the breed, they sometimes need to re-home the dogs who aren't producing.

I think Macy's breeder made the smart, ethical choice. Macy was not capable of having more puppies. She is a dog who likes a lot of love and attention. Chris sold her to us (for a very reasonable sum), and now she is a very happy, very loved girl

I do agree that good breeders should be more worried about finding good homes for their dogs and bettering the breed than making money. (Though I disagree with some of the folks out there -- not here, specifically -- who think breeders should charge next to nothing for their pups!)

·
Registered
2,863 Posts
Ok, i wasnt really going to write anything:

but yeah, i had though a few years ago that someone mentioned that the bred maltese. im not suprised that someone wasnt happy with the quality---jay and bev dont seem to know much about anything.

i remember i met so many people that said "how much did you pay for your dog" and i had sprite at the time and i said "1,200" and like 5 of the 20-something people were like "ok, if you breed her, i'll pay you 1500". the other people were like "oh, wow, thats a lot" and walked away. lol.

i know nothing about breeding, it looks like it hurts the dog, and I was planning on spaying her before i even bought her. i really really dont like how ignorant jay and bev are.

·
Registered
2,863 Posts
Ok, I found something...isnt this somewhere to post that you're a breeder:

Bianco's Maltese
Jay & Bev Bianco
Box 383
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
USA 15349
724-324-5379
e-mail: [email protected]om

http://www.1000petstores.com/Dogs/Maltese/maltese.html

1000PetStores.com is a global pet portal bringing the public to animal breeders, petshops, and pet industry suppliers.

thats the site i got it from. they're listed the 32nd one down. something like that.

·
Registered
2,863 Posts
geez...you're really making me search! lol. i spent the last 10 minutes looking---i cant find anything for florida. but i thought i found something in florida before. i dont know. i dont have that great of a memory.

i did find that people on here write on auspet.com. it seriously feels like a small world, huh? and there was another site kellyco.com or something. which i saw that jay posted there.

·
Registered
382 Posts
Sanvean, I thought they had retired from breeding and do the rescue thing. I also thought they had moved from Florida to PA, maybe it was the other way around. I have a friend on another forum whom breeds, shows and lives in Florida. She sometimes gives me some inside dirt & tibits. I'll see if she can shed some light. Do you know that on one of my post about puppy mills a year or so ago that Jay edited and added things to my post. I thought it odd that he would take the liberty to do this.

·
Registered
4,515 Posts
if you search on google, you will find that bev has "hinted" at breeding from the time they were in PA to the time in Daytona, Jay is going to do anything to protect his "business"

·
Registered
4,515 Posts
Originally posted by Luvmypupster@May 22 2004, 09:18 PM
Do you know that on one of my post about puppy mills a year or so ago that Jay edited and added things to my post.
as I have said, Jay will do "anything" to protect his business

·
Registered
346 Posts
Funny how he got on here and tried to make it sound like we were just so terrible and he was such an innocent victim, turns out that everything that was suspected of him was true? That is why he was in such an uproar at anyone on here who told it like it was. I actually feel bad for him. He did an awfully lot of preaching, he should have been listening to himself and taking heed to his own words.

·
Registered
382 Posts
Originally posted by kit001@May 23 2004, 02:57 AM
Funny how he got on here and tried to make it sound like we were just so terrible and he was such an innocent victim, turns out that everything that was suspected of him was true? That is why he was in such an uproar at anyone on here who told it like it was. I actually feel bad for him. He did an awfully lot of preaching, he should have been listening to himself and taking heed to his own words.
Who got on here? was it Jay or are you talking about the troll?

1 - 20 of 69 Posts