Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondered if anyone happened to catch the Jay Leno show a couple of weeks ago when he had Dennis Miller on and some TV star (she was a young gal and I don't remember her name).
Anyhew...she was telling Jay that she had just bought a little Maltese puppy from a couple of men who were breeders (I use the term lightly).
They insisted on bringing the puppy to her home and when they got there she asked them "how much is the puppy?". They told her $12,000.00 (not a typo). She said " I just wrote a check out".
Jay (with tongue in cheek) asked her "Didn't you think that $12,000.00 was a little high for a dog"? And she told him that she really didn't know the price of dogs and she loved the cute little pup.
Jay and Dennis Miller had a hard time keeping a straight face

Did anyone else see this program? It was hilarious!
$12,000...duh...If I could remember her name I would be tempted to call her and tell her I have a 'bridge for sale' :lol:

·
Registered
1,812 Posts
I think I read somewhere that it was Jena Malone.. she doesn't look like the brightest bulb :lol: There really is nothing better than a dim celebrity with lots of cash to burn, apparently you can get them to pay obscene amounts of money for just about anything.

·
Registered
7,428 Posts
On Jay Leno's site I found something that said "Tuesday, August 03:
A Simple Life 2 star Nicole Richie describes her ordeal of having adopted an $8,000, sickly miniature Pomeranian puppy from a couple of cheatin' scoundrels..."

·
Registered
7,428 Posts
If it is Nicole Richi I would not be supprised. I heard she spends a fortune shopping. On Jay Leno's website it said it was sick and the only dog that I have heard she has is a Shih Tzu or a Las Apso, so maybe she got rid of it.

·
Registered
205 Posts
I hope these little hollywood girls are getting these puppies because they want to love & care for it and not because its trendy!!
I can't believe that one site had a puppy for $10,000! :eek:
What type of puppy was it?

·
Registered
7,428 Posts
Here is what it said on the website:

dob: 5/26/04
Show Prospect AKC Female
from top lines
1.5 pounds at 10 weeks
$10,000

That means it is only 12 weeks old today. It is a cute puppy, but I would not pay $10,000 for a dog. If I wanted a show dog and wanted to spend top dollar I would go to one of the top breeders. <_< You just know some rich person is going to come along and buy it so that they can brag that they spent $10,000 for a Show Prospect AKC Female Maltese.

·
Registered
994 Posts
im shocked that she is only putting up a 1000 now raised to 5000 for tinkerbelles return
God forbid that was maxi i would first of all have a nervous breakdown but i would put up everything i own to get him back

as far as them buying the pups for all that money maxi is way cuter than the 10K pup and i got him for 1700 even though she is adorable anyone who sells a pup for that much money is greedy

·
Registered
7,428 Posts
I know. I just read about that on CNN or Yahoo News. I thought she would have a bigger award. But yet if you think about it if she offers too much some idiot would think it was a good way to make a lot of money and try to still the dog again.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Lexi's Mom~ Thank you for posting that ad! Thats insane!! I agree w/ you, if I had all that $$ I would go to the top breeder!

Maxi's Mom~ Have to agree w/ you also about Paris! I have to give credit to Trumps daughter who was raised better and shes going to school and getting an education to earn her money and who is planning to work!

·
Registered
145 Posts
I saw on one of the gossip news programs that Tinkerbell and Paris have been reunited....who knows if this is really a good thing!

...Ignorant people with lots of cash can be dangerous...!

·
Registered
447 Posts
Actually you guys, Paris is a very sweet and smart girl

You have to understand that Trump built himself from the ground up, so his family has different values with more emphasis on business and education

Paris' parents are heirs themselves and her dad has his own business which he was able to create from family money. They are really nice people though

Paris L.O.V.E.S. animals! I can remember my best friend Amber, who went to school with her, telling me her father gave her some cash and she went out and bought a llama instead of a fancy purse or shoes! SHe has animals of all types and she loves them all! She also volunteers and gives lots of money to different resue groups... but that usually doesn't make headlines

As far as the Simple life, its a show, and it would be boring if Paris did all the jobs correctly and didn't "act" at all.

I mean if you took one of the rural people and dropped them off in Bev Hills, Im sure they wouldn't know how to plan a debbie ball or how to find Fred Siegel or how to walk down a runway. Just like Paris doesn't know to milk cows and stuff! All the rest is just acting crazy for entertainment

We are products of our environment.... but anywho, thats just my two cents

Paris really loves Tinkerbell, she does everything for that dog! And Im glad they are back together...

1 - 17 of 17 Posts