Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
3,483 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone own a pair of Abercrombie jeans or Lucky Jeans? Wanted to know what you guys think of them and also if you know how the sizes run. I wear a size 3/4 at Express and the sevens jeans at Arden B, I own a pair of sz 2, but I can fit in size 1, too.

Are there any other brands that you guys like?

I don't like Levi's or Calvin Klein because they make my hips look HUGE!

I try to avoid jeans that are so low, my undies/crack show. I feel that if I'm wearing jeans, I shouldn't have to wear thongs! But I do like the low rider jeans. Just not TOO low.

·
Registered
2,119 Posts
I love jeans shopping.

Ok, Abercrombie jeans generally run the same size as all your other ones if not a LITTLE bigger. They're usually really lowrise and long, or at least on 5'2 me lol.

Lucky jeans are my favorite actually cuz they fit soo perfectly - they also run big.

·
Registered
6,614 Posts
I always have to find jeans that are smaller... I buy guess jeans and the marciano jeans.... I have bought miss sixy jeans in NYC..
I hear seven jeans fit nice and hide any love handles! I have to try those!
I wanna try diesel jeans... they look nice too.
I have never tried lucky jeans but the store always looked kool... i just never had extra money to buy jeans... haha..

·
Registered
3,483 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I don't know if diesels are sold in nashville or not. I use to only buy jeans from Express but lately, they don't fit too well. So I'm trying to other brands but it sucks because they are so expensive. I'm going to have to look through ebay for jeans because I don't know about spending 90 bucks on jeans...even though they're pretty worth it because they lasts for years. I'm not use to spending so much on clothes. I'm so cheap hahha. But the better quality, the longer lasting.

I only tried one pair of guess jeans and I didn't like it. Even their pants fit just OK on me.

Thanks!

·
Registered
6,614 Posts
haha.. i have to agree... jeans are gettin EXPENSIVE! I just bought marciano jeans... (which are made by guess.. its their new line) and they were $128!! I have a pair of Von Dutch jeans too.. their octane ones.... they were $190!
The only problem i am learning now is that i have gained weight and some of these jeans dont fit me anymore... sooo either i have to lose the weight or stop buying expensive jeans!
You prob wont like maricano jeans.. they are form fitting (looks like u painted them on..haha).
You ever try paper and denim? They are kinda expensive but are bigger made and very comfortable. Nice fabric.

·
Registered
707 Posts
I totally hate jean shopping. It's so hard for me to shop for my body type. I have the big JLo butt so the jeans always fit me tight on my butt but super loose on the waist. I'm also very small (not my butt of course but we've already covered that) so I don't fit into express or banana republic or most of those brands. I have found that the brazilian jeans fit me the best. There's a great store here in Miami that I have bought most of them. Sorry I'm not much of help but just like you I just can't justify expending $100+ in jeans right now so I don't bother with sevens or miss sixty and the others...I just closed on my house so I'm super BROKE!

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
Ahhhhh, the not fitting into jeans... should I loose weight or buy new jeans... haha that is always my cue that I need to drop a few! :new_Eyecrazy: :new_Eyecrazy: :new_Eyecrazy:

I used to LOVE Express jeans, but I don't think they make them how they used to. I like A&F but my undies tend to show and I don't care how cute/young you are. It is not attractive on anyone!

I actually have a few pair of American Eagle jeans, and I really like them, they are SUPER long though (I like to believe I'm 5'3).
From what I heard Seven jeans are like the absolute best, but you can't get them for less then $170! I wish I had money like that to spend on jeans! I'm a shop-a-holic, so I won't even let myself go there!

·
Registered
3,483 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
MyLilBella--Hey! If you had to chose between expensive jeans and a house, the house is the best choice!
CONGRADULATIONS! Have you heard of the, I think, Apple brand? I think it's made by Nelly's clothing line. It's made for ppl w/a nice bootie! LOL Even Oprah had it on her show.

Kodie--I use to spend no more than 40 on jeans and was like "DANG, I dropped alot of money." But now I find my butt only looks nice in expensive jeans! LOL I'm horrible. I HATE to buy clothes full price! That's why I like working for clothing stores! LOL And I dont think I'd like marciano jeans! I like it snug but not uncomfortable!

Nataliecmu--I feel ya on the express jeans. They just don't fit you right in certain spots and their fabric seems so much thinner. I never tried 7's from dept store. Mine came from Arden B so I'm not sure if they are made the same. At arden b, the most expensive pair is only 128. I have an old pair of 7's jeans from Express and they are sooooooooooooo tight and uncomfortable. They are not REAL 7's jeans. And I don't care for undies popping out of your pants either. Leave some stuff to the imagination, please!

I like a pair of jeans that's snug on the butt (but not tight) and snug on the thighs and have a cut between a bootcut and flares. Ya know what I mean? I have long legs and I like it looking long. The CK jeans made my legs look short because it made my hips look HUGE. I only tried 2 pairs of CK jeans and I reallyl don't think short ppl should be wearing CK's.

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
I love jeans! I would LIVE in jeans! But since the big "M", my belly makes it impossible to get a good fit. I'm size 8 top, size 12 middle and size 10 bottom! Is that fun? After being a perfect size 8 most of my life this is frustrating to no end.

·
Registered
3,287 Posts

·
Registered
7,840 Posts
Originally posted by sheila2182+Feb 22 2005, 10:04 AM-->
Originally posted by Lexi's [email protected] 22 2005, 09:46 AM
<!--QuoteBegin-ButterCloudandNoriko
@Feb 22 2005, 12:34 AM
I wear a size 3/4 at Express and the sevens jeans at Arden B, I own a pair of sz 2, but I can fit in size 1, too. 
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=36842

Just so you know I think I hate you!

JK!

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=36885

[/QUOTE]

ME TOO!!!HAHA
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=36894
[/B][/QUOTE]

:eek: MEEE TOOO!!!!!

I skipped right over THOSE sizes! I went from a pre-teen to 5-7...and I was not even fat until after college...Anyway, I will NEVER see those sizes again! My nice post-baby hips/butt will take care of that...
I would be very content to COMFORTABLY get back in a 12....ideally in a 10!!!! Then I would have a HUGE party if I got into a 10!!! Anything below that is wishful thinking!

·
Registered
3,483 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
PuppyLucy--So maybe I should get a size 2 (26) for both abercrombie and Lucky? I tried both pair awhile back and I forgot what sizes I wear. Why cant people just put down the REAL SIZE!?!? I get so confused on what my size is.
Also what length? Should I wear Long? I'm about 5'6-5'7. I might buy abercrombie first since it's cheap. I told you I was cheap, right? HAHA.

Lexi'smom & Tlunn & Sheila2181--Shut up!
Blame it on my mommy and daddy...they're the ones that made me
. At least ya'll have boobies! I'm flat as the wall. Thank goodness for padded/wired bras. I would tell you my other insecurities (well, I'm not THAT insecure), but you'd probably think I'm on crack or something. Sheila, I never saw a picture of you but I'm assuming you have big boobies too! LOL You having 3 maltese is something to be jealous about too!

·
Registered
7,840 Posts
Originally posted by ButterCloudandNoriko@Feb 22 2005, 12:24 PM
PuppyLucy--So maybe I should get a size 2 (26) for both abercrombie and Lucky?  I tried both pair awhile back and I forgot what sizes I wear.  Why cant people just put down the REAL SIZE!?!?  I get so confused on what my size is.
Also what length?  Should I wear Long?  I'm about 5'6-5'7.  I might buy abercrombie first since it's cheap.  I told you I was cheap, right?  HAHA. 

Lexi'smom & Tlunn & Sheila2181--Shut up! 
Blame it on my mommy and daddy...they're the ones that made me
.  At least ya'll have boobies!  I'm flat as the wall.  Thank goodness for padded/wired bras.  I would tell you my other insecurities (well, I'm not THAT insecure), but you'd probably think I'm on crack or something.  Sheila, I never saw a picture of you but I'm assuming you have big boobies too! LOL  You having 3 maltese is something to be jealous about too!
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=36948
[/QUOTE]

Yep! I DO have those!!! They are not ALL they are cracked up to be all the time...I got a little TOO much for my 5'2" -shortwaisted body!

·
Registered
3,615 Posts
I really like the Nordstrom's Halogen brand of jeans. They are low rise in the front, but ride higher in the back. The do run larger though and I wear a size 0 extra, extra long. I am normally a size 2, and I'm about 5'7.5" tall (without my usual three inch heels). I also do really well at Old Navy because they usually stock extra longs. One of my favorite cuts is the lowrise flares. I've bought some jeans there on clearance for $1.97!! I like Lucky brand, but they are cut a bit fuller through the leg. Gap, Old Navy and Banana Republic all cut their smaller sizes 2 inches shorter in the inseam (although they say only 1 inch, by the time they shrink, it's at least 2"). I really Citizen's of Humanity, although they are pricey...but when you can find them on sale, you can get them for a reasonable amount.

·
Registered
3,483 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Tlunn--Would you rather not have any boobies like me? lol

·
Registered
7,840 Posts
Originally posted by saltymalty@Feb 22 2005, 12:39 PM
I really like the Nordstrom's Halogen brand of jeans.  They are low rise in the front, but ride higher in the back.  The do run larger though and I wear a size 0 extra, extra long.  I am normally a size 2, and I'm about 5'7.5" tall (without my usual three inch heels).  I also do really well at Old Navy because they usually stock extra longs.  One of my favorite cuts is the lowrise flares.  I've bought some jeans there on clearance for $1.97!!  I like Lucky brand, but they are cut a bit fuller through the leg.  Gap, Old Navy and Banana Republic all cut their smaller sizes 2 inches shorter in the inseam (although they say only 1 inch, by the time they shrink, it's at least 2").  I really Citizen's of Humanity, although they are pricey...but when you can find them on sale, you can get them for a reasonable amount.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=36958
[/QUOTE]

Of course you found them on sale for 1.97 because most people have meat on their bones and could not even think about a size 0!!!
They should just call 0's and 2's -"BONES"...except MY bones are probably a size 5!!!

Anyway, you know I am just kidding with ya b/c I am jealous!!!

·
Registered
7,840 Posts
Originally posted by Kodie+Feb 22 2005, 02:04 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-ButterCloudandNoriko
@Feb 22 2005, 12:39 PM
Tlunn--Would you rather not have any boobies like me? lol
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=36959
I feel your pain...
and i too am a size 0 or 1 depending on the pant.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=37012
[/B][/QUOTE]

:eek: How many "skinny" people are on here...
Imma gonna go look for a "fat" friends maltese board!
I love my magnet on my fridge that says...
"Dear Lord,
If I can't be skinny, please make all my friends fat!"

Again, just jealous here!
I miss those days when I didn't have to worry/think about my weight..

1 - 20 of 57 Posts