Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
1,237 Posts
Why do they have to have a meal of high protein aferwards? Kylee has become a horrible eater and I've been giving her Nutrical when she wont touch her food but I've never given the high protein meal afterwards...

· Registered
1,237 Posts
Originally posted by LucyLou+Sep 13 2005, 08:27 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-NewMom328
@Sep 13 2005, 08:15 PM
Why do they have to have a meal of high protein aferwards?  Kylee has become a horrible eater and I've been giving her Nutrical when she wont touch her food but I've never given the high protein meal afterwards...
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=99391

You don't want to give anymore of the high sugar substitute than necessary. The sugar will raise the bloodsugar, but it will also not sustain it. You feed the protein because it keeps the bloodsugar more stable. Regular feeding is good, but, with the little ones, I just keep the baby food on hand and use that, as it is richer in the protein. You can also use baby food, rice cereal, egg yolk, and a little pudding. They seem to love this.

If you could see how hard Baby Dash plays, you would understand that he needs careful monitoring. He is the smallest thing here (, but he thinks he is as big as the other guys. I had four or five playing chase in a circle around the furniture last night, and he was right in the middle of it. He's fine now.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=99400
[/B][/QUOTE]

So If I giver her baby food, rice cereal, egg yolk or pudding when she wont eat..will she ever eat dog food again?

· Registered
1,237 Posts
Thanks for all the input. I stopped at a store the other day and bought Kylee some new food to see if maybe she was just bored of her old food...and low and behold she ate the new food. I mixed it with her old food so she wouldnt get a belly ache but the little bugger wouldnt touch her old kibble and ate around it to get the the new kibble. SHe had some soft poop but at least she ate. I guess I will just have to keep switching her food up as she gets bored...Thanks for all the advice though!!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.