Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
17,343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yep -- Jerry is still in Mayo. He has pneumonia on top of everything else. Besides a viral infection, they have also found 3 separate baterias none of which have responded to the IV antibiotics that he's been getting.

They are now going to try steroids but aren't certain that his system can handle the steroids, so he will be there another couple of days at least to monitor his reaction and to make certain that he's responding to them.

Theresa is back at her home with her DH. I owe her so much for spending this past week with me. She's been such wonderful company and such great help. Now it's just me and the fluffs. I'm feeling better each day, and plan on being back in the office on Monday. We'll see how it goes and if I'm not up to it, I'll leave early.

And my "crunched" HAGUAR (as DH calls the Jaguar) has to be in the shop on Monday morning to have the body work done from the crash where I was rear ended a few weeks ago. :(

·
Registered
7,915 Posts
Yep -- Jerry is still in Mayo. He has pneumonia on top of everything else. Besides a viral infection, they have also found 3 separate baterias none of which have responded to the IV antibiotics that he's been getting.

They are now going to try steroids but aren't certain that his system can handle the steroids, so he will be there another couple of days at least to monitor his reaction and to make certain that he's responding to them.

Theresa is back at her home with her DH. I owe her so much for spending this past week with me. She's been such wonderful company and such great help. Now it's just me and the fluffs. I'm feeling better each day, and plan on being back in the office on Monday. We'll see how it goes and if I'm not up to it, I'll leave early.

And my "crunched" HAGUAR (as DH calls the Jaguar) has to be in the shop on Monday morning to have the body work done from the crash where I was rear ended a few weeks ago. :(

Oh Dear Lynn, praying so hard for Jerry. Bless his heart and yours. I hope he reacts well to the sterroids. My goodness. Keeping him very close in my prayers.

Now for you my friend, why must you insist on going in on Monday? Your car has to go in the shop Monday anyway, that's alot of running around for you, for your first day back. I know you will go by how you feel, but please don't push it.

Love you.

·
Banned
1,869 Posts
Lynn,

Why Monday? Why not wait until after the holiday's? Isn't there a FML (family medical leave) there must be at your place of business.

You're pushing yourself too much Lynn - you could stay home, be quiet, rest - and catch-up on things - but the office, this soon? Also, couldn't a friend take the car into the shop for you?

If you're over tired, you won't heal well.

Oh Lynn, oh Lynn, oh Lynn.

I am sorry to hear about Jerry - thank G-d that you didn't go to see him - YOU could have caught an infection from him - that would have set you back for months.

I'm praying that he will respond to the drugs - and be able to return home.

·
Premium Member
2,958 Posts
Lynn,

I'm sorry to hear about Jerry's ongoing medical problems. I hope that they find something that can combat that bacteria. In the meantime... please take care of yourself!!! If you feel that you need to go to work on Monday, at least go in late, leave early, and take it easy.

Keep us updated about Jerry.
Hugs.
Debbie

·
Premium Member
Sandi-- w/Kitzel (Kitzi) & Lisel (Lisi)
17,980 Posts
Wishing you better days ahead!
Take care of yourself because of your babies! They need you.
hugs,

·
Premium Member
24,028 Posts
Lynn - I'm so sorry that Jerry's not doing better. Pneumonia and other infections -- that's a tough row to hoe. I'm sending prayers his way and hope they can find something that will work.
I know you're set on going back to work Monday and understand since there was a shakeup (your boss) so not a great idea to be out too long but listen to your body and stop before you go too far if you don't feel great. Slow and steady wins the race. Take care and I would think in a way it's kind of nice just you and the girls on your own after these weeks. You can just stay in your jammies tomorrow before starting work Monday.:) :grouphug:

·
Premium Member
3,393 Posts
I really don't know how you keep such a positive spirit in spite of all that you are having to deal with. Hopefully Jerry will get over this quickly and the rest of your holiday will be uneventful. Still praying.

·
Premium Member
8,623 Posts
Lynn, I'm so sorry that Jerry isn't doing well. I hope things turn around for him soon.
You guys have really had a trying year and I hate that you are separated by so many miles. I'll keep praying Jerry makes a full recovery.
I hope you're not going back to work too soon. You really need to take care and not push yourself.
I agree with Lynne, I don't know how you keep such a positive outlook but I'm glad you do. You're a very special person Lynn.
hugs and prayers to you and Jerry:grouphug:

·
Registered
4,140 Posts
OH Lynn, do you have to be back at work Monday? Take it easy girl.

So sorry to hear Jerry is not doing well...praying he gets better soon.

·
Registered
10,743 Posts
OMG I'm so sad to hear he's taken a turn down. I hope they can get him feeling better soon. You take care fo you too,it easy to overdo with so much going on.
We're praying for you and Jerry. It's been such a long hard couple months for you both.
Praying the holidays are much better for you.

Hugs to you! :grouphug:

·
Premium Member
10,319 Posts
I think if any place could get a handle on the bacteria, it is where he is now.

Lynn, is there any way you can work from home for a while and start off at half a day. As you know, my SIL was out three weeks and he was youger and when he went back, it was only for 1/2 a day and then if he felt like it, he worked from home. It seems like it took just a little while to adjust to get back to full speed. If you take care and get your strength back now and don't overdo it, you will be good as new. Your body is still recouperating from the ordeal you went through before surgery and now that you have a clean bill of health......keep it going Mama!!!! Sending love and strength to you.........

:happy:This is how I want you to feel in a couple of weeks!!!!

·
Premium Member
24,178 Posts
Lynn,

Why Monday? Why not wait until after the holiday's? Isn't there a FML (family medical leave) there must be at your place of business.

You're pushing yourself too much Lynn - you could stay home, be quiet, rest - and catch-up on things - but the office, this soon? Also, couldn't a friend take the car into the shop for you?

I am sorry to hear about Jerry - thank G-d that you didn't go to see him - YOU could have caught an infection from him - that would have set you back for months.

:goodpost: Lynn I agree with Allie, I think you should take FML, I know you push yourself way to much. I pray for you everyday my dear friend.

Again I agree with Allie I'm so glad you didn't go see Jerry, with your body healing you don't need infections.
I will continue my prayers for Jerry, this has to be so hard on you both

·
Premium Member
10,201 Posts
Lynn,

Lynn, I have the same thoughts as Allie has expressed here. Both about you and Jerry. I just could not have said it any better.

Please listen to your friends here and take care of yourself. I know it's easier said than done ... but, we all love you and would hate to see you have another set back. You and Jerry continue to be in my prayers.

Love and Hugs,

Marie

·
Registered
1,654 Posts
Lynn, I do hope you can take it easy. it does sound like quite a bit all at once. I had abdominal surgery last year and I tried to do too much too soon and trust me I paid for it! Pain and a longer healing time. So please take it easy and rest as much as you can.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts