Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
4,515 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just a note! I have a pretty strict signup process that has been successful but lately I have had an influx of fraudulent users signing up. I have a feeling I know who most of them are or are originating from, I track Ip's, emails and even proxies now with a new tool but eventually one will get thru. I send these to MSN, AOL and others as I have proof and one day will be very benificial but I just want everyone to know at the bottom of each post there is a button that says "REPORT", if you click on it in a suspicious post it will alert me of it. Also as in the past please PM me with anything you may think is not right, posts, PM's, users, topics, etc.

This is just a precaution and I dont mean to alarm anyone, I work very hard at keeping signups, topics and posts legit but I also ask for your help if you can

Thanks,
Joe

·
Registered
7,840 Posts
Thanks for the heads up!

BTW: I like the quote in your siggy-that should be my motto.
I need it tatooed on my forehead.

·
Registered
3,483 Posts
Sorry you have to deal with this Joe. Are you able to track down IP everytime someone logs into SM? Sometimes, I can swear I didnt go into a thread, but when I go to View New Posts, not all of the post new to me are shown. I could be crazy or have random amnesia though, but sometimes I'm so baffled.

·
Registered
3,287 Posts
Originally posted by ButterCloudandNoriko@Apr 23 2005, 07:43 PM
Sometimes, I can swear I didnt go into a thread, but when I go to View New Posts, not all of the post new to me are shown.  I could be crazy or have random amnesia though, but sometimes I'm so baffled.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=55752
[/QUOTE]
Ya konw Ive had that same problem several times
I cant figure it out either :unsure:Why is that Joe..Help us out.I even posted on it one time,but I posted in the wrong place and never got an answer.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Joe.
This is a GREAT site. It's just too bad that there are so many evil, jealous people out there that are evidently bored and just want to do vicious things.
Many people have left Maltese sites to come to this site because it is a site that is neutral and not critical...I for one appreciate that.
If I see anything that looks suspicious, I will definitely 'report' it.
Keep up the good work
Snertsmom

·
Registered
3,483 Posts
Sheila--Once again, you and I are the crazy ones!

·
Registered
2,836 Posts
Well I hope that post last night can be traced. I am a bit worried that the original poster's identity was stolen. Joe, can you shed any light on this?

·
Premium Member
21,482 Posts
Joe, thanks for the "head's up". I'm wondering if you should put this post at the top and fix it so it'll stay there for a while... I'm afraid if no one posts to it, it'll end up not being seen.....

I'm sorry you're having to go through that hassle. I guess there are sick people with deviant, sociopathic personalities who need to cause trouble to feel important.
I hope you catch him/her .......

·
Premium Member
21,482 Posts
Originally posted by Mystify79+Apr 24 2005, 05:47 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-Triste
@Apr 24 2005, 10:24 AM
Well I hope that post last night can be traced. I am a bit worried that the original poster's identity was stolen. Joe, can you shed any light on this?
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=55902
I've wondered that myself...
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=55965
[/B][/QUOTE]
Considering how nice that poster has been all this time, that post seemed way out of character. I wonder if it was someone else in her home. Remember, that happened with another poster when her boyfriend assumed her identity and posted as if he were she.... maybe this is a similar situation.....

·
Registered
2,836 Posts

·
Registered
2,942 Posts
Originally posted by Triste+Apr 24 2005, 08:23 PM-->
Originally posted by [email protected] 24 2005, 06:53 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-puppylucy
@Apr 24 2005, 05:03 PM
..im confused 
can someone explain a little bit pleeeeease?
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=55969

I missed it too.. What post or poster last night?
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=56040

[/QUOTE]

you really didn't "miss"anything per se....the post was pulled thankfully b/4 a lot of people saw it.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=56053
[/B][/QUOTE]

I missed this too, but after reading through the responses, I wonder if the person whose post was in question has been contacted. They might shed some light on whether someone was in their home to do this, or whether it came from an outside source.

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
I'm also curious about who might have had their identity "borrowed" last night. I hate how everything happens when I'm not around!

1 - 20 of 43 Posts